It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global laws have changed to favor those in power and cripple the little man in all walks of life! (G

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wanted to start this thread because I have noticed in the MSM that lots of little news stories have been popping up really crucifying any small infringement that would have been over looked in the past but now is overwhelmingly scrutinised and put under the microscope. I think it's something to keep an eye on as i have only noticed it really subtly over the past few days.. it's almost like a subtle attack on those that get caught doing misdemeanours and being given the maximum penalty. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this in your area in the media??

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Yeah I've noticed this too. A couple of years ago I was staying in Brisbane, Australia, and saw in the newspapers reports of increased rate of people in the city CBD being fined for 'jaywalking', or crossing a road away from traffic lights. Whilst I was there, traffic in the city was often a standstill in peak hours, so it stood to reason that people would quickly cross whilst no-one was moving, or when there were no cars coming, which often happened during quieter hours.

Whilst in the city I flicked a cigarette butt into the bin and turned away. What I didn't realise is that some council officers had been watching me from across the mall the whole time. As I began to walk away, they caught up with me and fined me $200, because, little did I know, the cigarette butt had rebounded off the edge of the bin and bounced onto the ground. I tried not to litter but accidentally failed, and had to front the cost. I was a student at the time, so that meant no food for a week and a half after paying the fine.

When I was getting my pilot license (in Australia and again in Queensland), I found out that my flight instructor had been charged and fined for indecent exposure in a public place. At first I was kind of alarmed, because that's not the sort of thing a young woman would want her male instructor to be guilty of. Then I heard the rest of the story: whilst driving along the highway late at night, he'd stopped to take a leak in some bushes on the side of the road in the dark. Then the highway patrol appeared out of nowhere and caught him, resulting in his record of indecent exposure.

So not only do these very small misdeamours cost people loads of money in fines, they can also adversely affect someone's career. I know that in Queensland, Australia, the police no longer have discretionary powers, so they must enforce even the slightest misdeamour, whereas previously they could use their powers of discretion for the benefit of the people they're supposed to look after. In many places in Australia, people now get fined a couple of hundred dollars for swearing in public.

I think their agenda behind this is to increase government revenue. Instead of increasing taxes too much, they just introduce more and more silly little laws and abolish police discretion, so they can raise money under the guise of serving the public.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The global powers always worked that way.
Take the FORD plant unionization.

FORD was indeed global back then.
Oil and Rockefeller as well.
They are still around and we still work for them.

As far as global police action we had Korea.
We got new global laws.
I didn't know but was this idea due to phone hacking and
hacking on the international internet.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In America we refer to them as "job creators."....well... at least Republicans do...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
In America we refer to them as "job creators."....well... at least Republicans do...

Find a Republican and get a job, good idea.
But Republicans get handouts from Wall Street and AGI bailouts
and never pass the bucks along.

top topics

join