It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Social Web Tool (Check it Out!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good afternoon all, it has been a while since I last posted anything on ATS but I just discovered something today and thought I would share it with you because I think it could be used by a lot of members here for a large range of reasons.

WhoIsLive

Website

For the first time ever, see who is browsing on any Web page. Chat, get tips, share links, and meet new people with similar interests. Use the Web like you always do, only now, see what happens when you can see Who is Live!

What is WhoisLive?
WhoisLive is a simple add-on that lets you discover and interact with other users who are browsing with you on the same Web page. You can chat, share information or ask questions.

Can I send links to other WhoisLive users? Yes. Like with instant messaging, you can send links (including video) to other WhoisLive users. Can I use WhoisLive on Facebook?

Yes. You can see and interact with whomever happens to be on the same Facebook page with you at a given moment. For example, you can have a conversation with someone on Facebook via WhoisLive about a photo or video.

Can I make myself invisible to other users?

What, you mean like Chevy Chase in “The Invisible Man?” The answer is yes! However, when you are invisible, or “hidden,” everyone else will also be invisible to you. That’s NOT like the movie.

Can I receive chat messages from other users when I am invisible or not online?

If you are invisible or not online, other users will not see you and therefore not have any reason to send you a chat.

Can I also see people who are browsing on other pages of the same website?

No. You can only see who is live with you on one page at a time.

Can I prompt other users to connect with me outside of WhoisLive?

Just like with instant messaging, you are free to communicate however you please, you can also ask others to add them as friends to your Facebook if you wish. Don’t forget though that a WhoisLive user is primarily interested in communicating and sharing about the page you are both currently viewing.

What personal information, if any, do I have to display to other users?

Other users can see your full name, picture and a link to your Facebook profile.

Is WhoisLive safe?

Completely. We implement the latest SSL technology so that what you do or say on any particular Web page is only visible to folks you choose to communicate with. We’ve done our part. Now, you do your part by exercising general vigilance and common sense about what type of information you share and with whom.

Just think of the possibilities! Browsing for a new conspiracy or metaphysics book on Amzon? Talk to who else is thinking about it and share views! Checkign out a blog that has sparked your interest? Talk to the writer on chat and make some new friends! Possibilities are endless, I think this would be good for a lot of people.

I just created a new facebook account and linked it in and nowm I'm just browsing some of my regualr sites to see if there is anyone else online. The major drawback is that it is new and you can only see other members, but I think this could spread pretty quickly or at least spawn some better paltforms.

Let me know what you think!

Carlitomoore

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
sounds like the perfect tool with which to stalk someone with ..
but what else is this tool capable of ,what backdoors does it allow ?

new topics

join