It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things are getting bad.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

What baffles me is the fear of people about a "possible economic fall".....because the economy was already SHIATE back 9 years ago....basically right around 9/11 when it got REALLY bad.

I 100% agree. The only reason people didn't notice was because of the housing boom covered the numbers. There has been a lack of middle class jobs for the past 10 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm in Los Angeles, my wife and I are both working but still living paycheck to paycheck. Everytime we seem to catch up something breaks down or some odd crises or whatever. Still, I know that we're a lot better off than many out there. No complaining here when I'm getting up at 5AM to trek out to work. I hear my coworkers moaning all the time about not wanting to be here. I don't bother to remind them of the tons of people out there that would happily take their place. I take care of my father's finances since my mother passed in September, she spent the last few years in and out of hospitals and of course insurance found a way to drop her, everything they worked hard for is gone, it's been a nightmare getting things squared away to the point the medical bills are taken care of and the credit card debt is manageable. Reality isn't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. You are not your stuff and you can find happiness where you stand.

I had very few luxuries when I was a child and yet I was happy.

So all you Dad's and Mom's out there don't forget to love each other and your kids. It doesn't cost a dime and can mean the world to the little ones. My parents lived during the Great Depression and both said it was the best time in their lives because of the strong bonds formed with family and friends. Everything passes even bad times.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sometimes it's just best to say it with a song.

I'll be keeping you and yours and all those facing the same fate in my prayers... It can't hurt.

peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No cutting spending wont kick start anything but its what must be done. would you rather take a hair cut today or 6 months from now get beheaded and get nothing. the math is imposible and we will defalt if not next month it will happen a year from now when we have to raise the debt again or through hyperinflation to inflate the debt away

I'd rather make sure poor children eat in the next six months and use the time to attempt to increase jobs. You know, those children of the workers you laid off.

The damage has already been done - don't think jobs are going to come back (even slowly) just because spending is reduced. Look at your history, there isn't a correlation between government cuts and an increase in jobs. Jobs are created by innovation or a response to sometype of critical event (disaster or war).

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

can I move in and be your neighbor..where do you live??

We are in the US and I hate it..I'm beginning to hate this place more and more everyday. We are looking into Germany(because my dh can transfer there). I don't know what it's like in Germany but i am certainly willing to give it a shot. I am so sick of everything here...bad food-crap media/tv-no jobs, loss of almost anything good or decent.

I feel stressed and mad and unhealthy living here. I hate that almost everyone I know is one missed payday away from suicide..it's truly disgusting and very confusing.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think maybe you spend too much time in places like this reading over this BS.. Its about like the war on terror, in the end its not going to be so bad. But hey, if FOX "News" can keep you afraid of it, they will.

Well when SHTF and you stop by my house asking for food, ill give you a can and tell you i told you so.

You sad assumption of me is your down fall. You see I don’t watch the news and I’ve been aware of this debt problem way before it made it on tv. I’ve been studding economics privately now for 8 months almost every day. The only solution I see is 100% cut in spending to balance the budget. This WILL throw the economy into a depression instantly but we will be better off than the alternative.

The alternative. We raise the debt limit and don’t balance the budget, this is the path we are going to go on. We continue to grow the debt. We get a down grading and interest rates rise. For every 1% rise the interest rates our debt rises $115 BILLION! Until we hit the point of 50% of our defect is interest. This is the point of no return and the government will have to start hyperinflation.

Now don’t worry, you will still get your government checks but milk will be $100. This is the end game and this is the path they will choose because no one can make the hard choses now

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Thats a typical British response to the very worst that can be thrown at us.
Gravitor

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

No cutting spending wont kick start anything but its what must be done. would you rather take a hair cut today or 6 months from now get beheaded and get nothing. the math is imposible and we will defalt if not next month it will happen a year from now when we have to raise the debt again or through hyperinflation to inflate the debt away

I'd rather make sure poor children eat in the next six months and use the time to attempt to increase jobs. You know, those children of the workers you laid off.

The damage has already been done - don't think jobs are going to come back (even slowly) just because spending is reduced. Look at your history, there isn't a correlation between government cuts and an increase in jobs. Jobs are created by innovation or a response to sometype of critical event (disaster or war).

thanks for the cut down,

the only problem with your idea is your thinking 1 step ahead. you need to think 50 steps ahead to the end result. Its a hard call to make but to cut the benfits of 45 million americans to save 285 million is well worth it. For if we keep going down this path of defict spending all 330 million americans will go hungery through hyperinflation

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBoldBUrself
Ola US of A/OP....meaning 'hi' USA/OP.

Your country has been the beacon of liberty for many a century.

I say this with the greatest compassion, for you are on the verge of entering a very special time indeed. Your civil liberties are being removed until only the American/human-being is left. Only the person. Nothing else packaged around it to prevent it from seeing who and what it really is.

You are the most amazing nation and see in the "American" the greatest innovation and ability to 'market' ice to an Eskimo. On the planetary 'company' spaceship, meandering through space, the USA represents innovation and marketing to the rest of us.

You are the country of friendly people who say "Have a nice day" from the heart and that of long, slinky Cadillacs cruising the boulevard.

Not anymore.
They've become worse. They are lawsuit-happy, whining, politically-correct, self-entitled fatasses who give more importance to delicious animals than to their fellow humans. Being from a former American colony I used to look up to them, admire them and become like them. Now I just hate them with a passion HATE HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE!!!

Besides, Germany is the best engineering nation in the world (ahead of Japan, even.) And just as creative as America, if not more so.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well in my town (Sibiu, Romania) things were worse 1 year ago than they are now. For example my parents own a store and they were worried that they will have to close it because of low income but over the last 3 months things are getting better and better for my parents and the other people i know and i am starting to see few people being depressed about their debt and talk about it has come to almost 0.

But the main concern i have is that this is a touristic location so over the summer we have a lot of people comming, visiting and buying and this might all lead to people believing in a false recovery and when the tourist season closes the whole town goes into massive debt.

How are you guys hanging out in the rest of the world?

And remember stay strong because it will all pass sooner or later i just hope that it doesn't get that bad as to see people dying because of starvation or because they cant afford health care. If that happens i suggest a global revolution to get these incompetent leaders of ours down because they showed us how stupid and incapable they are.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by eldard

can I move in and be your neighbor..where do you live??

We are in the US and I hate it..I'm beginning to hate this place more and more everyday. We are looking into Germany(because my dh can transfer there). I don't know what it's like in Germany but i am certainly willing to give it a shot. I am so sick of everything here...bad food-crap media/tv-no jobs, loss of almost anything good or decent.

I feel stressed and mad and unhealthy living here. I hate that almost everyone I know is one missed payday away from suicide..it's truly disgusting and very confusing.

I dont want to lie..there were/are good things in the States as well as good things in Germany. If he can transfer you really should give this a shot. But be prepared that MANY things will be different. Germans are OBSESSED with healthy living, recycling, exercising, you see people using bikes/walking all the time..many "green" stores where you can buy organic/"bio" food etc. It might be your thing.

But German mentality is WAY, WAY different from people in the states, its also a huge difference to here in Spain. To be honest, we (especially my wife) were sick of the grouchy people in Germany, thats why we moved to Spain. Germans b*tch all the time about everything, not realizing they get handed a LOT of stuff where other countries really can dream of. Healthcare, paid vacation etc..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTinman

You must be late to ATS. We've talking about that for years. Like 4 years ago, about two months before the crash we've been anticipating it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Things are going well in the D/FW metroplex (Texas). I've personally seen and heard of a lt of foolish and shady people going under, but those with high ethics are pulling through and actually expanding in many cases.

I'm working part time delivering construction supplies, and filling in the gap buying bulk liquidated items and power selling on eBay/amazon. I have no issues paying bills and having some leisure funds.

Come to Texas and/or get creative. You can still make the monies.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe before the end of the year we will be wishing to be like we are right now. It's gonna get even worse. So enjoy what we still have with our families is the best to do now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I work for an offshore construction company and we had 40 people laid off on Monday. That's about 10% of our onshore work force.
The really scary part is when our CEO said we will begin to explore the market of western Africa as there is less political risk there than in the Gulf of Mexico!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Germans grouchy??? Stubborn - yes. Straight to the point - yes. Hard workers - yes. But I would hardly call them grouchy. Hell, I dealt with them all the time before I lost my job, and most of them were nice as. Even one of them who was a Manager of one of the Shipping Companies would joke about how stupid the Germans were, and how they can't even win the World Cup, let alone 2 World Wars. Admittedly, he would blame us "convicts" and the British for that one.

And yes, it's a completely fubar situation alot of us are in. In a certain way, I hope a recession does come, just to show many of the Governments that their "business models" aren't working, and hopefully that alone will affect change.

The way I see it, stick together with the people you know best, help each other when you can, and when all this sh*t eventually ends (which it will, humans can be pretty tough when needed), things will hopefully work out well for everyone.

Just remember though, if we forget the mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If families in Africa can survive on dirt and sand then Americans shouldn't fear an economic collapse. Even if it's the worst collapse anyone could imagine and fuel, food and $1 stuff from China stop showing up in stores you can still survive. People in so called advanced societies have taken advantage of technological wonders and now depend upon them.
Learn to live off the land, learn to create balance with nature instead of consuming everything around you. Even if all the fast food and grocery stores stop producing, humanity will survive. You and your family can survive too if you learn to adapt.

Personally, I have been stock piling supplies since 2008 and will share my stash with any families with children that need it. And if it turns out that I'm a paranoid nut bag then at least my local food bank will get some stuff from me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Thats 100% what i believe, i believe this is all deliberate, i dont see how anyone can think otherwise. The World is owned by banks, everything is owned by banks in the terms of loans. if you dont pay it they take your stuff, this goes for everything you buy with money, how can anyone not see anything wrong with that !?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

TXRabbit wrote: The construction industry down here in Texas is gaining a lot of strength and momentum

That may be the case in Houston or San Antonio but in the DFW area construction is still flat except for the big road projects.

I know how you feel Camaro68ss I was a department manager for a civil engineering company and over 2 years i had to lay off my entire staff of 17 people until the company shut my office down and laid me off too. Fortunately i'm a registered professional and was able to start my own business and took what few clients i had left and for the last year I've been getting just enough work to keep me above water.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join