It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things are getting bad.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Try container gardening indoors, instead. Space permitting.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Space doesn't permit, and I have more than an acre outside, it's ridiculous to even think that something short of Fukishima - I can't use it.

No, we have to rise to meet the situation. I just wish we had property protection laws like they do in Texas.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Well thanks for throwing me under the bus and generalizing me. Here where I work we do full back ground checks and E-verify every person to make sure they are US citizens. Thanks for the support and wishing good on my well being.

Good luck

Uhhhhh, Good luck? Good luck! Good luck. Best of luck. Fingers crossed for ya.

Yeah, you're gonna need it...
Dream Act

Illegal Population

And another link

I guess all I can say is "keep voting how you guys have been voting." I'm sure it will all get better...

edit on 1-8-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: ...to fix links.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Neither can you cut your way out of it.

So long as the corporate class is sitting on the trillions in cash we gave them to "stimulate" them to provide jobs refuse to do so we will spiral down.

What is needed is a $50 billion grant program to provide $50K micro-business startup grants to anyone with a decent idea for a small local startup.

Fertilizer for the economic plankton.

Most will fail...big whoop, they'll still spend their $50K locally and actually stimulate the economy a hell of a lot more than giving a like amount to corporate anything.

Those that succeed will begin to expand and employ locally: recovery begins.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Neither can you cut your way out of it.

So long as the corporate class is sitting on the trillions in cash we gave them to "stimulate" them to provide jobs refuse to do so we will spiral down.

What is needed is a $50 billion grant program to provide $50K micro-business startup grants to anyone with a decent idea for a small local startup.

Fertilizer for the economic plankton.

Most will fail...big whoop, they'll still spend their $50K locally and actually stimulate the economy a hell of a lot more than giving a like amount to corporate anything.

Those that succeed will begin to expand and employ locally: recovery begins.

Im just going to say you win because you cant win over the drones.

I ment this to be a help each other out thread and not an economic discussion. I will no longer reply to economic type discussions so commence with the cheap shots.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
My husband's laid off and we're struggling- and my husband keeps expecting some big SHTF scenerio where it all goes crazy at once but I don't see it.

I see a neighborhood where everyone is out of work. I grew tobacco for years and I make homebrew beer for my hub and have it put up but now neighbors are coming over here wanting to bum smokes, beer, sending their kids at dinner time...noticing produce has disappeared right out of my garden - there were canteloupes, now they are gone, and look a bunch of ripe tomatoes too- and I'm telling my hub man these folks are going to drain us.

You read the paper but if you don't have a degree - even if you have strong skills that used to pay very well - no one wants you to even apply locally without a bachelor's or a master's. It's awfully depressing to see MINIMUM WAGE jobs requiring master's degrees, but I have been seeing that here.

Today I'm hobbling together webcams so i can surveil the outside of my home. I wish these people would go to the RICH neighborhoods to pillage. I need to start thinking about booby trapping my yard I guess. You can't keep a dog out because of laws. The house next to me has been broken into at least twice.

What do you do? We aren't even CLOSE to our neighbors. We're turning into a nation of bums. Doesn't anyone notice? There's a guy at my walmart that has a sign - he did have stage 4 pancreatic cancer for 2 years or so, now he's got a family of 4 that needs help.

No, we're not going to see SHTF, we're going to see crime and vagrancy and bumming dripping all over us, little plops at first and then a steady sprinkle.

The thing was, these were all good, working people before the economy went to pot. There was no crime in this neighborhood when people had steady income.

I dont know how you dont see a economic colapse. the imposible math proves it but anyways...

People stealing from your yard, now thats a cheap shot. you put all the hard work into growing food and people take it from you when your not looking. I would be so mad
Do you have a dog? maybe its time to invest in humans #1 alarm system since the dawn of time. Might help

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, read thru this entire thread LMAO...sorry! Not meaning to be mean of spirit, but for people who claim to "be awake" you are all still asleep!

You're still looking for work...that is the second biggest scam that has been pulled over on Mankind. The 1st biggest scam, is the scam where people are willing to place all their eggs into this life. That is what has been wrong with this world for a long time. We hear such expressions as, "life is precious", "you only live once", etc. These are all lies and propaganda being spread by whatever force it is that manipulates our world (illuminati, Satan, IDK).

Everyone of you complaining has brought into the illusion that was at its most grand in the 20th Century. Where the majority of people, especially in the West became accustomed to living in excess. LOL! Well the tables have turned and we're coming back to the rest of the pack!

The producers in our country got too greedy. They've been charging too much for products for over 50 years! What they offer their products for in other countries are closer to the actual prices they should request. Why sell something in Afrika for $5 and turn around and sell the same thing in America for $60 (many medicines)? That's price gouging and REAL theft!!!

People crying about immigrants and welfare people.....they haven't done this too us. What has done this to us is inflation and REAL THEFT! Working wages haven't kept up with inflation. If products have increased 300% in the past 40 years...so to should have wages, but they haven't! At least not at the same rate. Lets say products have increased 300% while wages have only increased 100%....doesn't take a mathematic genius.

We are at a plateu, quickly heading into a valley. There hasn't been any real technological advancements of the kind that will revolutionalize the world, have happened since the computer. IT'S TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW! Maybe it will be a new form of energy or a new form of transportation...somthing is due.

The economy has been globalized. Those of us crying are just LATE to the party. I hear many people talking down about "entitlement people". LOL...those same people feel America is entitled to love better than the rest of the world.
That time has passed! We have to return to the pack now...

We are and never were, anymore special than the rest of the world! We were never smarter...we just caught some breaks, mainly freedom and the gift of the Devil, Capitalism. Yeah I say gift from the Devil because it has done some WONDERFUL things...temporarily, and eventually it will be time to pay the Piper! Sort of like the person who is granted a wish from a evil Djin and asks for eternal life. The Djin grants you eternal life, but you have to live eternal life in a coma in a bed LOL!

We accepted this thing called technology LONG LONG ago and it has been our curse since. Instead of advancing ourselves naturally and spiritually, we wanted to cheat (have everything faster) and achieve greatness prematurely using tech. I wonder if it's the same thing we always fall for on this plane of existence. Instead of bettering ourselves spiritually and learning such things as teleportation or interdimensional travel, we invent the wheel and combustion, things that take a lot less development.

When everyone realizes that this world is merely a playground and stop taking it too seriously, everyones mood will brighten. I'm laughing at you like I'd laugh at a child who thinks the board game Monopoly money is real!!! These bodies we inhabit are like avatars....when we realize this and stop taking this world so serious we'll get somewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

As an awakened elder spirit who knows full well the actualities of spirit, rebirth, and energies, I'd advise you to think through things a little better.

The body you inhabit lives in the here and now and has needs which must be met or it suffers.

Horsecrap about being enlightened doesn't lessen the suffering. Knowing why you are dying of thirst doesn't change the physicality of it. Thinking happy thoughts and understanding the flow of the universe doesn't change squat either.

This is face the music time, and physicality requirements must be met first: happy thoughts, great plan, etc are luxuries of the well-fed or nearly dead.

I've lived many lifetimes, enough to know how to wake up early, and how to recognize those like myself. It is the habit of those first awakening but not comprehending to extol the wonders of reality. Elders have learned to keep their mouths shut, mostly...this is a lapse for me.

Buddha was too young and ignorant, or he'd have been more subtle.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Maybe you misunderstood the point I was making...

My point, of course our physical bodies feel pain and live in the now, but knowing and understanding that there is much more to our existence than this makes it all laughable.

Have you ever told anyone that even if they win...they still lose? It's what God/Whoever is saying to the Devil/Whoever or good vs evil. Evil enjoys this physical creation because it's possible to harm someone, thus it rules this world and always will. However, it's victory is small because this world is nothing more than a video game for our true selves. So if soldiers march in my home this second...destroy my family and murder me....after those moments of pain (which we even enjoy the experience of pain) I'm nice and comfy back in my spiritual body waiting to go through the line again for another ride.

So yeah...participate in and play this video game of life, but remember it is only a game.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah thats rough. I feel the tension in the air everyplace.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Well, read thru this entire thread LMAO...sorry! Not meaning to be mean of spirit, but for people who claim to "be awake" you are all still asleep!

You're still looking for work...that is the second biggest scam that has been pulled over on Mankind. The 1st biggest scam, is the scam where people are willing to place all their eggs into this life. That is what has been wrong with this world for a long time. We hear such expressions as, "life is precious", "you only live once", etc. These are all lies and propaganda being spread by whatever force it is that manipulates our world (illuminati, Satan, IDK).

Everyone of you complaining has brought into the illusion that was at its most grand in the 20th Century. Where the majority of people, especially in the West became accustomed to living in excess. LOL! Well the tables have turned and we're coming back to the rest of the pack!

The producers in our country got too greedy. They've been charging too much for products for over 50 years! What they offer their products for in other countries are closer to the actual prices they should request. Why sell something in Afrika for $5 and turn around and sell the same thing in America for $60 (many medicines)? That's price gouging and REAL theft!!!

People crying about immigrants and welfare people.....they haven't done this too us. What has done this to us is inflation and REAL THEFT! Working wages haven't kept up with inflation. If products have increased 300% in the past 40 years...so to should have wages, but they haven't! At least not at the same rate. Lets say products have increased 300% while wages have only increased 100%....doesn't take a mathematic genius.

We are at a plateu, quickly heading into a valley. There hasn't been any real technological advancements of the kind that will revolutionalize the world, have happened since the computer. IT'S TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW! Maybe it will be a new form of energy or a new form of transportation...somthing is due.

The economy has been globalized. Those of us crying are just LATE to the party. I hear many people talking down about "entitlement people". LOL...those same people feel America is entitled to love better than the rest of the world.
That time has passed! We have to return to the pack now...

We are and never were, anymore special than the rest of the world! We were never smarter...we just caught some breaks, mainly freedom and the gift of the Devil, Capitalism. Yeah I say gift from the Devil because it has done some WONDERFUL things...temporarily, and eventually it will be time to pay the Piper! Sort of like the person who is granted a wish from a evil Djin and asks for eternal life. The Djin grants you eternal life, but you have to live eternal life in a coma in a bed LOL!

We accepted this thing called technology LONG LONG ago and it has been our curse since. Instead of advancing ourselves naturally and spiritually, we wanted to cheat (have everything faster) and achieve greatness prematurely using tech. I wonder if it's the same thing we always fall for on this plane of existence. Instead of bettering ourselves spiritually and learning such things as teleportation or interdimensional travel, we invent the wheel and combustion, things that take a lot less development.

When everyone realizes that this world is merely a playground and stop taking it too seriously, everyones mood will brighten. I'm laughing at you like I'd laugh at a child who thinks the board game Monopoly money is real!!! These bodies we inhabit are like avatars....when we realize this and stop taking this world so serious we'll get somewhere.

i just have to say, you are definitely right about this reality not being real...that's why john in the bible said to not love the things of this world......the things of this world are but fleeting shadows that change constantly and can never be grasped completely.... the ground always shifts and to build your house on shifting ground just isn't a smart thing to do unless you are willing to take the consequences........everyone wants to live like they have been living and anything less in their eyes is unacceptable.....that's where your misery lies, within your wants.....reduce your wants and your miseries will miraculously wither away with them......

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
working wages going up is part of inflation.... they are tied to each other in no uncertain terms..... the wage goes up, the prices have to go up to make up for them....then as a byproduct, the money looses it's value for it takes more money to buy the same thing...... the product didn't magically go up in value, the money magically went down in value, hence you need more of it to pay for the same product......isn't capitalism great? isn't free will great? especially when your free will meets someone else's free will? ha ha.... who's free will will come out on top?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by DZAG Wright

As an awakened elder spirit who knows full well the actualities of spirit, rebirth, and energies, I'd advise you to think through things a little better.

The body you inhabit lives in the here and now and has needs which must be met or it suffers.

Horsecrap about being enlightened doesn't lessen the suffering. Knowing why you are dying of thirst doesn't change the physicality of it. Thinking happy thoughts and understanding the flow of the universe doesn't change squat either.

This is face the music time, and physicality requirements must be met first: happy thoughts, great plan, etc are luxuries of the well-fed or nearly dead.

I've lived many lifetimes, enough to know how to wake up early, and how to recognize those like myself. It is the habit of those first awakening but not comprehending to extol the wonders of reality. Elders have learned to keep their mouths shut, mostly...this is a lapse for me.

Buddha was too young and ignorant, or he'd have been more subtle.

spoken like a true unenlightened person.....I can tell you this....I can go out right now and just leave everything behind without looking back, without feeling sorry for losing it......I don't suffer, I was homeless living in my car.... I brought my fishing pole with me and ate fish for supper.....this whole misery thing is an illusion....as long as you want want want and not get get get, you will be miserable......

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

In point of fact, I have walked away from everything: when I returned from Vietnam, I wound up leaving the Air Force, burning my moblie home with everything in it and took off hitchhiking with a change of clothes, toiletries, and a drawing tablet.

Hell, I've been homeless three times in my life, worked (no welfare, food stamps, etc) my way off the street each time.

Had some pretty nice, happy days often. Losing stuff isn't really important, what is important is food, water, safety, comms, transport and cleanliness. I know how to be happy under all circumstances: my idea of a good day is one where no one is shooting at me.

But that doesn't fill an empty belly, warm a cold body or cool a hot one. Happy talk and doing without is fine to a point, but there is a threshold past which life becomes very chancy, dangerous, and uncomfortable. Being responsible for someone else also complicates things.

Happy attitude is good, but reality demands pragmatic attention and action, not half-baked metaphysics. the world may be an illusion, but treat it like one and it will kill you. You'll be reborn, but it can be uncomfortable and annoying to die of want.

Btw, I'm never miserable: stressed, overburdened, challenged, yes, but who can be miserable in world with such lovely butterflies? I am centered and balanced and enjoy life no matter what my circumstances are, because I know who I am. Doesn't free me from worry, concern or hunger though.

Reading what reality is quite important, but accepting the realities you face is even more so, as our idiots in Congress have shown
edit on 6-8-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
All we can do is prepare the best we can starting right now if you haven't already.

Food and protection are #1.

It's all getting very real for everyone. Even the sheeple are starting to wake up. Well, some of them anyway.
edit on 8/6/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I do not to say how bad things are , U may have seen it , felt it , underestimated .
We know many bad things , torture , ear , censorship , Slavery ..Hate ..,
Big organisations who are felt in love with the corrupt governments , Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Vallerie

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

... I would like to make this thread a lean on me type of thread. One where we can all come together, shear our stores and help each other through them. I need an outlet and I don’t want to start scaring my family but things look bleak for the United States and its economy. ...

what a load
what a crock

buddy you better grow a hard shell instead of whimpering like a cry-baby

if your a construction person... then you've never fired a dead-weight/ wanna-be that only wanted to 'Party' with their ill-deserved paycheck ---- while a bunch of others busted butt tio cover up that A-holes shortcomings...

save me the 'sensitivities' on losers

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

America, the U.K; and probably other western countries need their populations to stop voting for politicians who are from wealthy, privileged backgrounds. They are'nt going to suffer the sad situations I've just been reading about in this post. They're nicely insulated from the everyday worries of economic insecurity, unlike you and I.
( And at your expense... thank you very much ! ) Having an " Ivy league " or " Oxbridge / Eton" education give a person absolutely no credentials to run a country, or be in a position of authority that effects the man in the street. From some of the intelligent posts I've read on A.T.S. just recently, there are ( In my opinion.) some very bright people who would probably make a better job of it. Regarding the current crop of " Leaders " remember, " Power corrupts " Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
The tail has been wagging the dog for far too long. They are supposed to serve us, not the other way round !
Come the next American election, the population will fall for it, all over again, Woo hooing, and whooping another privileged suit in to the White House, maybe even the same one. Sorry for the rant, my heartfelt sympathy to those posters who have shared their stories of hardship, I sincerely hope things don't get as bad as some predict... But then what do I know, I'm just an uneducated fool from the University of life.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hello everyone,
This is John Thomas from the Titor Project again with a friendly reminder.

46 million U.S. people account for 15% of the population,
who earn under 14 thousand dollars a year,
who get food stamps because they're hungry,

If this trend continues to rise, we will be seeing riots, pillaging, insurrection and state secession. It doesn't take a hoaxed time traveler from the near future to tell what is going to happen to the U.S. next.

We're starting to see a growing trend of "Wildings". That's when poor youth go out in great numbers and start hurting people. Please read about the Wisconsin State Fair Riots. These events will only increase.

You can start going to the firing range now. Learn how to grow vegetables in your yards and start sharing with your neighbors. Get to know them. You'll need to stick together.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
It's nothing but propaganda. Something will be passed the day before the deadline or the day of. Same case scenario as when they pulled the "Government shutdown". They will pass something at the last minute.

Even so, if nothing get's passed we are allowed to keep asking for "extension's" on payback for a 10 year period.

edit on 28-7-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

Well...here it is Sunday...the S&P has lowered, for the first time in U.S. history, our Nation's credit rating. Monday morning when the DOW opens, could be the beginning of the end for the financial industry...at least as we know it. What say you now my friend.

Yep..keep kicking that can down the road...oh wait....we've run out of road.

It's attitudes like yours...the let's just keep skating along" crowd, that I hope don't show up at my door, in the possibly near future, asking for me to provide for you and yours.

OP, excellent thread S&F...

Des
edit on 7-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join