It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwich Cougar Traveled Halfway Across Nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Greenwich Cougar Traveled Halfway Across Nation

newsfeedresearcher.com

In what's being called the longest journey a mountain lion has ever taken in the United States, a cougar killed in Milford, CT, six weeks ago--believed by some to be the same cougar sighted June 5 in Greenwich, CT--traveled 1,100 miles from South Dakota to get to New England, Connecticut officials said Tuesday.

A mountain lion estimated to be between 2- and 5-years-old traveled 1,500 miles from its home in South Dakota, passing through Minnesota and Wisconsin before winding up in Connecticut where it grazed the grounds of a Greenwich private school prior to meeting its fateful end on the W
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.inforum.com
www.middletownpress.com

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So a young mountain lion makes it 1500 (1100?) miles, halfway across the country only to be hit by a car on the freeway. It's sad, but remarkable.

Dispersal is common among male mountain lions as they go in search of a female, but they often do not travel more than 100 miles.

There is no known mountain lion population in Connecticut so this poor fella would have no luck in his search anyhow. But talk about determination!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7d2f194e685.jpg[/atsimg]

The above picture was of the same cougar caught on a trail cam in Wisconsin as he made his way across the U.S.

newsfeedresearcher.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And for all his tales and travels what happened? He got shot!!! Bang bang for the poor cougar!

Human beings...so nice!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Hit by a car, actually...but yeah, death by human...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ummm...cougar.
I had me a cougar once.
And let me tell you that was the best.......oh! wrong cougar!
Sorry.

new topics

top topics

join