It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel in for bashing at South African Apartheid Tribunal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Jewish Report in SA (22-29 July 2011) has announced its fear that Israel is in for a major bashing at a Tribunal named after the philosopher Bertrand Russel (which has in the past denounced US actions in Vietnam and Latin America). The Russel Tribunal will investigate whether Israel practices apartheid (I think the conclusion is pretty forgone), and will be held at the District Six Museum in Cape Town in November.
District Six was a mostly crumbling, crime-ridden slum, that nevertheless also had a unique culture of the mainly Muslim colored people in Cape Town, before they were forcibly removed under apartheid. Currently it continues to be the subject of several land claims.

Controversially the tribunals will take evidence from ANC stalwarts such as Winnie Mandela, who has had charges of corruption, fraud, involvement in the murder of a child, incitement of burning people to death in the 1980's, and human rights violations made against her (for which she was usually found just guilty enough to be sentenced but not jailed). en.wikipedia.org...

The story can be read on p.3 of this PDF of the Jewish Report:
www.sajewishreport.co.za...

While I hope there can be peace in the Middle East, I personally find this vilification will not help anybody, just like the cosmetic change after apartheid has not helped the majority of the once "fashionable victims".
Some letters on p.14 on the JR PDF also raise good points.
Why does the ANC focus on Israel, but it said nothing about human rights abuses in Zimbabwe, China or Myanmar (let alone any African countries, and it even sent the self-confessed homophobe Jon Qwelane as an ambassador to Uganda)?
Is it helpful to be a "fashionable victim" of an organization like the ANC?

Apparently SA has temporarily withdrawn it's ambassador to Israel, citing "human rights violations".
We've also seen a range of anti-Israel academics visiting SA, and a break between the University of Johannesburg and the Ben Gurion University. www.standwithus.com...
Incidentally, a main spokesman for the boycott was the deputy vice-chancellor of the University of Johannesburg, Professor Adam Habib, who was banned from entering the US from 2006-2010 (although the reasons remain obscure). en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-7-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here, an intro from the Jewish Report PDF above (p.3), for a quick view:

THE ANNOUNCEMENT that the
third session of the Russell
Tribunal on Palestine (RTOP) will
be held at the District Six Museum
in Cape Town on November 5-6 “to
probe whether the treatment of
Palestinians in Israel and the occupied
territories meets the criteria
of the United Nations convention
against the crime of apartheid”,
has drawn fierce responses. It has
inter alia been called “an irrelevant
talk shop”.
According to a report in The
New Age, RTOP co-ordinator
Belgian former Senator Pierre
Galand said: “It was not a matter of
declaring Israel an apartheid state
because of the practice of separation…
and the deprivation and
oppression of Palestinians as they
struggle for self-determination”,
but rather to “’put questions in
front of Israel’ regarding crimes
against humanity and the matter of
a comparison with apartheid South Africa.

I just find it so hypocritical to use people involved in gulags like Quatro Camp and other human rights violations, and possible links to terror groups to lecture the world on human rights.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The prostitutes in the UN need to decide if they keep taking money from the zionists or start taking out life insurance because the public won't buy these double standards much longer and something needs to give.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And the weirdest thing is, we get this rhetoric, yet it's an open secret that the US is the biggest arms customer/partner of SA!
(SA arms sales to blacklisted nations, and those violating its own laws: axcessnews.com... Usually these carefully omit the US and Israel, but see my following post.)

They were also involved in an alleged rendition of Pakistani terror suspects via Waterkloof Airbase in the George W. Bush years.
It's like two hands doing two different things.

Interestingly SA (especially Cape Town) had the first urban terror campaign in the late 1990s (starting with the Planet Hollywood bombing). en.wikipedia.org...
A research associate and lecturer at the University of Pretoria - Hussien Solomons - has warned of Islamic terror infiltration in SA for years, and is working on a much awaited book. There are several Islamic campaigns (including on Facebook) to silence him, although one cannot vouch for everything he claims.

What is certain is that parts of SA have a high level of unchecked immigration from Somalia and other hotbeds of Islamic extremism, and corruption and incompetence in our Home Affairs system that issues travel documents has meant that we all face new restrictions for staying in the UK, and a Somalian Al Qaeda leader has been caught with fake SA documents. www.polity.org.za...
Also during the World Cup last year we saw a horrific bombing in Uganda linked to Al Shaabab, which killed over 60 people. abcnews.go.com...
But the ANC was on the US terror list until recently (in fact, until 2008 news.oneindia.in...)... so they can't exactly denounce these tactics?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is actually sardonically hilarious.
The ANC wants to criticize Israel and the US, and makes all kinds of moves to placate it's Muslim constituency and former liberation movement friends (who, like Mugabe know the scandals of what really went on in one of the world's most inept liberation movements, so it's best for the ANC not to upset them), but let's look at their arms sales.

This is mostly obscured, from various sides. (One should recall that the ANC has long-standing corruption allegations concerning a R60 Billion arms deal).
This report is from earlier this year from the liberal Afrikaans Sunday paper "Rapport".
It mentions many "skunk countries" with whom the ANC trades arms, including Libya and the Congo.
But scroll to the end and see the graph!
That big red rocket is the USA!
But not even the Afrikaans article mentions it!
www.rapport.co.za...
The elephant in the room indeed!
("Heirheen voer SA wapens uit" means "This is where SA exports weapons".)

So now we have to sit through all this drivel about the "evil Israel" and "the West", while the same ideology is cashing in!

Hilarious I say!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Then I wonder, what do people like Ronnie Kasrils, Tutu or Winnie Mandela know about Israel?
Israel itself is over-run with refugees from black Africa.
Even during Apartheid we had an influx of migrant labor, often from countries that were handed "modern jewels" at decolonization, and also from places like Liberia that had never been colonized by whites.
Well one recently "humane" solution suggested in Israel was to send them all to Australia!
www.jpost.com...
It seems that no group in Australia was very happy with that proposal.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Of course Western countries having such debates are called "racist".
But Saudi Arabia didn't bother much - they sent all the Somali refugees back to the war-zone that they came from!
www.google.com...

Not even a tiny peep from the liberal academics.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So who is actually interested in such a Tribunal?
Seemingly nobody.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'll be honest and say I've never seen such Antisemitism.
I am ashamed.
I know the Palestinians have a powerful case, but good God, some of this is not right!
The Jews are to blame for everything...
Do people realize what this does to individual people?
And it's people that have stood up for the rights of others.
My heart really breaks.
It reminds me of an old German song: "An allem sind die Juden schuld." (The Jews are to blame for everything.)
If I feel so strongly I cannot even imagine how they must feel.
Annemarie Hase - An allem sind die Juden schuld:

edit on 28-7-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So. I want to see if I'm getting you correctly, and your constant posting on your own thread.

South Africa, holding an investigation about apartheid in Israel (...duh? Might as well ask about segregation in 1955 Mississippi...) is bad because you dislike some members of the ANC, and because there are Muslims living in South Africa. And of course the old "forget the bad things israel does, here's another country also doing bad things, booga booga!" argument...

Look, I get that you want to run to Israel's defense. I get there's this weird stockholme syndrome-y, Pavlovian... thing going on. But... could you aim for coherency? You'e kind of all over the place here, and none of it seems to actually relate to the report you start out with.

One thing at a time, man... it's okay to slow down.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I'll be honest and say I've never seen such Antisemitism.
I am ashamed.
I know the Palestinians have a powerful case, but good God, some of this is not right!
The Jews are to blame for everything...

They are talking about Israel's treatment of Palestine..

Do you believe Israel treats Palestine OK or are they guilty as the tribunal is stating??

That's what your thread and link are about...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I could not fit everything into one post, and I found it necessary to post on my own thread.
Here come these ANC stalwarts to judge another country (when obviously the ANC supports a whole range of undemocratic regimes) with their history of terrorism against civilians, their cruel campaigns in the black townships during the struggle, and their subsequent self-enrichment to astronomical levels after 1994.
Not only that, but they want to engage in the discourse that criticizes the US for supporting Israel.
Yet, the ANC are deeply involved in the arms industry (an industry built up under apartheid), and their biggest arms customer is the USA!
The poor Palestinians, with "friends" like that who needs enemies?

Tribunals like this should focus on all questionable states, but selectively pointing out Israel when we are flooded with millions of African refugees from e.g. Zimbabwe (when the ANC has refused to criticize Mugabe, and has sold him weapons to oppress his own people) can only be read as willful and direct Antisemitism.
Without moral credibility the whole talk-shop is a waste of time, and I guess money too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Before one can get to the nitty-gritty of the Tribunal, one must first see whether it has a shred of credibility.
South Africa is beset by massive problems of fraud, corruption, crime from the top down, and the murder of white farmers.
The ANC has blown R60 Billion on a corrupt arms deal for tender kick-backs to their evil henchmen and women, which could have built countless houses and hospitals.
I think their attention-whoring could well backfire this time, and they might find themselves under intense scrutiny along with Israel.
Let the show begin ladies and gentlemen!
Besides that I personally think historical apartheid cannot be projected on to another society, and as I hear on the radio from SA commissioners that have been to the Middle East, the Palestinians have a much higher living standard then the black masses under the ANC.

new topics

top topics

join