It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook co-founder comes back from Bilderberg and says this : anonymity on internet must end

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by JennaDarling

Yeah i clicked the wrong reply to button. I was calling out the people that say we don't need privacy on the web. Funny thing i noticed. No one has responded.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This made me chuckle; it'll never happen. It'd be like me forcing the moon to crash into the earth, because there's a nail standing a few mm proud on my shed roof that needs re-hammering. Crazy analogies aside, at the moment we don't exactly have an anonymous internet, only the ability to become anonymous if we choose to - which is exactly how it should be. Ultimately, unless they're going to start putting the bullies in prison, getting rid of online anonymity will only open people up to more abuse as they would not be able to hide from the bullies.

I'm calling this story as chaff; there's so much of it in the news atm, it's hard to see the real news.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Aliensun
Per the headline:

why not? We live with that system with our regular phones?

What are the specific dangers to your personal liberties and freedoms that you should be able to move anonoymously across the world?

Anonymity online is for cowards, criminals and those that have a reason to hide.

So, care to tell us your real name, address, phone number, email etc?

Let's see how much you have to hide *g*

edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

I'll tell you that my name is my email address. Can you accept that much honesty?
edit on 27-7-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
lol
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e01d98db9968.jpg[/atsimg]

and now you've gone and sold your self to the NWO/builderburger crowd, guess that makes you and your sis whores now.

edit on 27-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Bullying is a parenting problem...

.. Not a technical problem.

WOW - best statement ever, hard hitting reality!!!!!!

short story:
registerd on fb with full details - never logged in / used it - plenty of old schoolmates/friends added me...saw it because of the email notification...still dont use it...lost contact to some schoolmates - realized that if they dont mail me or find another way to contact me their messages/friend requests are not real...got over it...having a life without fb - feels good men
edit on 27-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

It is fine, as long as you manage it and use common sense.

sorry darling, but you cannot do anything to use fb in a safe way...

economicsnewspaper.com...

or

In November 2009, Facebook issued a proposed new privacy policy, and adopted it unaltered in December 2009. They combined this with a rollout of new privacy settings. This new policy declared certain information, including "lists of friends", to be "publicly available", with no privacy settings; it was previously possible to keep access to this information restricted. Due to this change, the users who had set their "list of friends" as private were forced to make it public without even being informed, and the option to make it private again was removed.

the list is long...
secure.wikimedia.org...-123
edit on 27-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So Zuckerbergs sister wants to end anonymity online? And what does Mark think of this? And more importantly, what exactly does she mean? Facebook already get your name and everything else you do 24 hours of the day. And as far as I know my IP address can be traced back to me by authorities, but why should anyone and everyone be able to trace my online identity? Absurd and impractical.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Per the headline:

why not? We live with that system with our regular phones?

What are the specific dangers to your personal liberties and freedoms that you should be able to move anonoymously across the world?

Anonymity online is for cowards, criminals and those that have a reason to hide.

Why not tell us everything? If you're not a criminal, or don't do anything wrong... what do you have to hide?
You know, that's the way they get to you. And anonymity is not only for cowards, it's also for people with embarrasing conditions, questions. People who don't wanna feel like themselves, just be another for a day. Maybe it's weird, but it's not a crime.

Cyberbullying is a problem, i won't deny it... but people bully in real life too, with their real names & faces, and that has never back them down. It's stupid. BS.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Comment641 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by Comment641 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I always had the impression that this Zuckermountain was a smart guy....

He is either impressed by all these hot-shots at the bilderberg meeting and naive or he is instructed to bring this comment to the public while he knows better.

The thing is that this argument is used to track everybody and to be able to track people of interest when the NWO is in place. It is all about total control over the people.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

“… I think people hide behind anonymity and they feel like they can say whatever they want behind closed doors.”

Interesting comment by Ms Randi Zuckerberger.

If that is truly what she believes, then maybe she is willing to discuss who said what exactly at the Bilderberg meetings, after all, the Bilderbergs are saying whatever they want behind closed doors.

The hypocrisy!

st.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Tunnels and VPN's are your friend.

Learn and use them if you really feel you must.

There will always be a "hidden" "secret" "anonymous" internet, within the internet, somehow somewhere.
edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

tunnels and VPN's? am i alone in having no clue whatsoever what these items are?

i've noticed in both computer books and related websites, it's either 'puters fur dummies' level or 'holy crap i know so much i can't hold a conversation with most people in real life'.

someone that catches on and writes a book or two to help take pc/online enthusiasts from the 'i can fix most of my own PC problems through perseverance and hours upon hours of searching geek site archives' and gives those folks the information/understanding to join the True Geek Empire is going to enjoy book sales royalties for as long as they keep updating and re-printing as the years roll by.

i write this as a reasonably intelligent adult who has owned, repaired and maintained at least a dozen PC's & laptops over the years. i've purchased at least 2 dozen books over the years and taught myself a lot. and still i am frustrated because i've yet to find a book or website that has middle ground knowledge.

on TV shows and in Movies there are a never-ending supply of know-it-all puter geeks that fix their friends rigs, find any info in a flash or can do most anything anywhere at anytime with a PC or laptop. in real life i think very few of us know someone who can answer anything beyond a basic question. yes, i'm an old fart, but i'm trying, and i'm willing and able.

please, someone write the book. i'll buy several copies and hand them out as gifts.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I really have never liked FB but have subscribed just to keep in touch with people out of state like another poster said earlier. I also didn't give FB my real name which is hard for some people to recognize me on there..... but its worth it since i can cyber bully all the people i want and not have anyone looking for me IRL

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Also the norway killer was anything but anonymous. His homepage was Facebook with his real name. How did that exactly help?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oh yeah lets end privacy.. say its fir this reason-_-more"control" over the internet there good and bad thing about this i guess.. but also... could make it easier for them to do w.e they wanna doo... like keeping track of ppl and using it for some bull# that shouldnt happen

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Why should we worry about stopping cyber bullying? Let them bully. It is only text on a screen. People need to grow a thicker skin. People should be able to say whatever the want to say when ever they want to say it and not get in trouble. The country has become so politically correct and sensitive that people are getting weak and soft minded. They over react to words.

Of course there is a line when lies become more than just mean but start to distroy people's livelyhoods then attempts should be make to track people down and sue them for liable.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You dont discuss 911 or the NWO at work. You might get fired for being a 911 truther. They want you to feel the same fear when you are active online.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just a thought, they could be using the annonymous meme as a way of scarring the sheep into believing that anonymity is bad.

Why is anonymity bad? If a bully has to be annonymous to do his bullying is it really a bully? I remember when we were scared for our lives that a bully would beat us up, now we have to coddle children when a cyber bully calls them names? Give me a break, there's something more sinister going on here.

An obvious possibility is that facebook wants your real name, address, serial number, so police can track you down if you post something stupid on facebook or for marketing companies to compete head on with Kinect which monitors you in your living room so they can fine tune what products you are interested in and sell you on those alone. Individualism when it comes to marketing is the new future

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You're forgetting something:

Since when has anyone ever been anonymous on the internet?

Unless you do a lot of darknet surfing, you are NOT anonymous online!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You're forgetting something:

Since when has anyone ever been anonymous on the internet?

Unless you do a lot of darknet surfing, you are NOT anonymous online!

Somebody still have to sit down and track you down online. You still dont know who I am, not without cooperation from my ISP. They want your friends, your family your boss to know who you are online, so that if you say the wrong thing about 911, the boss can fire you for being a truther.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
well now we know,what the co-founder was up to at the bilderberg meeting. it seemed really out of place for them to be there. now they're pushing this. unbelievable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join