It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic boy,12, with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Very interesting but i cant help thinking how much of this is down to genius and how much is down to a photographic memory. All the videos on the site just show him doing stuff that he could have just learnt. I will be interested to see if he really can solve something that has never been done before.

You dont need to empty a box of cornflakes to work out its volume its just W * L * H so im not sure whet they were talking about there. Either way i hope he is the real thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My brother-in-law has aspergers. He is a geologist for an oil company and has been all over the world doing oil exploration. He spends most of his day looking at data points on a map. Aspergers allows you to focus intently on a subject and all aspects on minutiae of that subject. The guy cant drive a car for beans and he works really really hard trying to figure out how to behave in a sort of fashion that makes him appear to care about people. He loves history, biographies and politics, go figure. He is very very well paid -- yes over 250k and yes he believes he should pay more taxes.
edit on 27-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just never cast doubt on anyone's abilities. I think people are born with gifts and most die before they unveil it for themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You dont need to empty a box of cornflakes to work out its volume its just W * L * H so im not sure whet they were talking about there.

The kid was 14 months old when doing that for cripe sake... Know any 14 month old babies that can work out the volume of a box?...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

i can definitely agree about the driving part. i get very distracted driving, there's SOOOO many things EVERYWHERE. i'm pretty good at racing cars though because i can really focus and judge distance and speed with the weight of the car to know the max speed i can take a curve before i break the coefficient of friction between the tires and the road.

i hope they let this kid do what he wants in life. he'll do best while pursuing what interests him most.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

You dont need to empty a box of cornflakes to work out its volume its just W * L * H so im not sure whet they were talking about there. Either way i hope he is the real thing.

I take it you missed the part about him doing that as a toddler, most of the toddlers I've known are still trying to work out the best way to hold a crayon to scrawl on a wall.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The kid was 14 months old when doing that for cripe sake... Know any 14 month old babies that can work out the volume of a box?...

Then why bother putting it in a video as a poof of his intelligence? Seems a bit odd to me. We only have the parents word that thats what he was doing. Just how he knew what a 'volume' was (without know how to work it out) seems odd to.

Notice why the guy asks him to write backwards they speed the video up..i wonder how long it took him to do that in real time. Theres many things about those videos that just dont feel right to me. The amount of times he kept getting things wrong and having to correct himself felt to me like he was just using his photographic memory rather than true intelect.

Im not totally convinced he is a genius but im going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now . I guess only time will tell.I truly hope he is the real thing and advances science as much as Einstein.

edit on 27-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry, guys, but if this kid has an IQ of 170+..........then he's NOT autistic.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AverageJoe1

you're incorrect. he has asperger's syndrome. its on the higher functioning end of the autistic spectrum. people with asperger's syndrome usually have normal to above average IQ's, and some even have extreme IQ's like this boy.

i find the comparison between this boy and einstein apt because einstein most likely had asperger's syndrome himself, along with many of the smartest and most influential people in history.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i have asperger's and i totally believe someone who has it way stronger than i do COULD indeed learn entire genres of math in a week.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
he's a credit to mankind. most likely he'll find a way to increase nuclear yield while decreasing mass, so the military could place a 100 megaton warhead in a lunch bucket.

just like his hero, einstein.

and since he's autistic, he'll be easily manipulated by the powers that be.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm twice this kids age, and was always told I was extremely good at math/trig/geo/pre calc by teachers, friends, classmates etc. But I cant do a quarter of the math this kid is doing. If you don't think this kid is special beyond belief there is something wrong with you. Try solving some of those equations, I dare you.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

haha we got a jokester. i'll second that

that kid is a genius and will be remembered. i cant wait to see what he's like in 20 years

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Never judge a book by its cover. I made that mistake in an advanced EM physics course. The teacher walks in, looked like he had cerebal palsey, and I made the snide comment to my friend on what could he possibly know. Big mistake. This guy was freaking unbelievable. He basically would use 10 or more (not kidding) white boards for writing down formulas by memory, never cracked the text book. The final, was one question to formulate one formula - he flat out told everyone that the question was phd level physics that normally took about a week to finish. Hell, at the end of 6 hours I was able to squeeze out like 4 pages, yet after talking to him afterwards, he said I only did about an 1/8 of it. Nice fellow, he just wanted to see how much we learned...
Biggest mistake I made in my life, well one at least
- will never judge a book by its cover again.
edit on 27-7-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've worked with Asperger's and Autistic's for 16 yrs and a few were gifted. Most are fluent in mathematics as numbers don't change but language does. ie words can change meaning but number are constant. Many Asperger's can hack and do hack computers easily. I'm not surprised that this lad has a drive for formula. It's what his brain can calculate quite easily and his obsessive nature will want to pursue it and drive him in this field only. His social functioning and life skills will probably be lacking.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bokaforo

That's pretty crazy! Nice find! You guys gotta watch the Glen Beck video because in it he tells the boy he carried around the theory of relativity in his back pocket for a year and half and still can't get it.

Good stuff and from the Master of bull#, Glen Beck

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I love stories like this, may have seen it before but it is a great story regardless.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
this has been posted before, can't find the thread right now.

thanks for bringing this up once again though, fa.scinating to see kids like this.
they're little wonders.

still trying to find the other thread, pretty long and full of info

here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...(written by Vitchillo)
edit on 27-7-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

It is an older news story, and ATS allows a repeat of a story if the first thread is more than a few weeks old.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

Originally posted by pellian
Not impressed.

The math he scribbles on the window is nothing more that basic level calculus. For one he does not look smart. hopefully in a year he will be forgotten about.

Seriously? Did you actually type that? He does not "look" smart!? How about you post a picture of yourself so we can decide how you "look?"

I would like to see that picture of pellian also very much

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
Not impressed.

The math he scribbles on the window is nothing more that basic level calculus. For one he does not look smart. hopefully in a year he will be forgotten about.

I would like to thank you for bringing more interest to this deserving thread, despite the amazing lack of intellect displayed in your post.

Would you be so kind as to provide us with further insight -- perhaps expand upon your "for one" and give this deserving thread more to chew on? You have enlightened us with your "for one he does not look smart." And now how about your "second," and maybe even a "next" or a "third?"

Finally, pellian, please explain why this 12 year old prodigy should be "forgotten about."

Upon further review, don't bother. I think this thread of yours provides ample insight, and I have no desire to read any more of your drivel.

BTW, I don't think Diophantus or Fermat would be particularly impressed with your choice of screen name on ATS...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join