It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Couple Sells All Three Kids to Play Online Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

(DONGGUAN, China) -- A young Chinese couple has sold all three of their children in exchange for money to play online games at Internet cafes, reports a southern Chinese newspaper.

In 2009, Li Lin and Li Juan welcomed their second child, a baby girl, and came up with the idea to sell her for money to fund their online game obsession. They did so, receiving RMB 3,000 (less than $500), which they spent entirely shortly after. The couple then proceeded to sell their first child and got 10 times as much for him -- RMB 30,000, or about $4600. Upon having their third child -- another boy -- the parents followed in their previous footsteps and also got RMB 30,000 for him.

Source

I've heard of being addicted to games, but damn this is pretty gross.

Makes me glad that were i am from your not allowed to sell kids.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Makes you appreciate the parents that coo and awww over their young babies on facebook a lot more...doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Horrid story. But FYI, you're not 'allowed' to sell children in China. It's the black market, and unfortunately such evils occur in the US as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What?!

Thought you were allowed to have only one child in China, otherwise you have to pay a fine.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Bloody vile people and this isn't the first time i've heard of such stories coming from China.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If my dad had the chance, he'd sell me because I'm too expensive.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I have only one question.
What online game did they sell there children for?
Because some of them really are not that good, and who knows they might have gotten ripped off.

Ah the things people do. Now why am I not surprised.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would sell my wife for a regular nintendo.

Awful story if it's true.
edit on 27-7-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: edit

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by doom27

Because some of them really are not that good, and who knows they might have gotten ripped off.

Bet it was World of Warcraft.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I just hope the children weren't sold to a butcher.
Things like that happened during times of famine.
A very sad story...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Over the years I have seen various documentaries, news stories etc. about people in the Oriental countries selling their children for profit. Every time I have see or read about this...I grow very sad.... I cry, mourn and pray for these children. I know from the documentaries that I have watched...the birth parents that sell their children....really don't care who they sell them to...and many are sold into sex slavery.......which is vile and an abomination in Heaven.

Fortunately....there are many good people who are doing something about this and saving these children.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by doom27

Bet it was World of Warcraft.

Your in all probability, right.

I tried to play that game once, never really got into it. And it really didn't click with me, but I played the # out of guild wars. So ya I know a little about being addicted to online games, but your probably right that it was World of Warcraft. Talk about crazy # and overdoing it, they really need to get a life or get sterilized.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
What?!

Thought you were allowed to have only one child in China, otherwise you have to pay a fine.

As long as you sell for greater than the fine you still come out on top.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My kids want me to sell them now...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good or bad depends on who the children were sold to. If they were sold to families who will care for them properly, then this is probably a good thing, as it is clear the birth parents are not "parent" material. I guess it would be bad if they were sold inrto some kind of slavery, etc. Either way the parents are dirt who should have their sex organs ripped from their bodies.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by doom27

Over the years I have seen various documentaries, news stories etc. about people in the Oriental countries selling their children for profit. Every time I have see or read about this...I grow very sad.... I cry, mourn and pray for these children. I know from the documentaries that I have watched...the birth parents that sell their children....really don't care who they sell them to...and many are sold into sex slavery.......which is vile and an abomination in Heaven.

Fortunately....there are many good people who are doing something about this and saving these children.

The thing that has me worried is they didn't say where they sold them. And honestly it wouldn't be that bad if they where sold as sex slaves. Of course I am comparing that assessment with the assessment that they where sold for organs(that end up everywhere from Chinese Hospitals to Hospital's in India, EU and other countries).

I hope they are alright and where sold for adoption. But I fear... The thought of it just makes me feel sick...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

My kids want me to sell them now...

LMFAO! HAHAHA!

How much you figure they're worth, man?

Maybe I can hook you up with some people who could work a deal with you and take them off your hands.

I'm always willing to assist my fellow ATS members whenever I can.

LMAO

top topics

join