It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 18
115
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Originally posted by humphreysjim
In that shot that are light sources absolutely everywhere, you certainly cannot rule out one being behind the camera. It's a bug.


Im afraid we can, and we have. Which 'light sources' are you refering to? We have already had the guy who works with this exact camera telling us there is no light source, but some how you have information he does not?

Yeah, keep it up "(I wish) its a bug, (I wish) its a bug", now turn around three times...........


Why the heck would I wish it was a bug? I would much rather it be aliens or something exciting, so you can rule out my need to believe in the mundane, and I certainly do not "fear" it being aliens. I would give my right arm for it to be, actually.

What I am saying is, there are lights absolutely everywhere, only a very tiny area had to be illuminated at a very specific time for this to occur...or, of course, as some have mentioned, it could just be a firefly. Treating this an anything else just smacks of desperation.




posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim
 


Most UFOs ever seen have been described to be taking almost impossible perpendicular turns in an instant. This mysterious object did just that.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have the advantage of looking at this in HD, recorded from line prior to being broadcast. I have just spent some time looking over the clip with one of my co-workers, and he is convinced it is a bug. Looking at it, I want to agree with him. He has been on the building and though there is no lighting for camera, there are lights in various places on the building, not to mention you cannot rule out someone being on the building with a light of some sort.

Going frame by fram, the light has a leading edge prior to the bright light that looks very close, not very far away. Almost like looking at something through a microscope. Not sure if I am saying that correctly.

I have gone from thinking it was something far away, to now thinking it was something very close.

Or maybe the government is making me cover up this story..... I kid I kid.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

Originally posted by Thunda

Originally posted by Sliick
reply to post by RisenAngel77
 


It is a bug. There is a light behind the camera. The camera casts a shadow. The bug flew in from above (in the light) and then in front of the camera (in the shadow) hence the fading.


Did you even bother to read this thread before commenting? This has been posted and quoted several times:

"I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

The camera has no light source near it.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever."


So easy to sound like you know what you are talking about whilst dismissing, without the slightest bit of research or information.


"its a bug, its a bug, its a bug" who knows, if you all keep saying it, it might come true......

edit on 28-7-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)


Seeing as how I worked on the omni building construction, I know where the camera was placed and I know there is a light around 10' behind it. FYI I am an electrician.


If this is true, then we have our light source explanation. Simples.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by humphreysjim
 


Most UFOs ever seen have been described to be taking almost impossible perpendicular turns in an instant. This mysterious object did just that.


There is nothing mysterious about the object, and nothing near impossible about the turn unless you assume it is a large craft, and not a bug. Rather than rule out the bug hypothesis, you have only reinforced it.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've gone over and over this video, putting still-frames in photoshop and zooming in as close as pixels allow. My final opinion on this, is that the object is at a considerable distance from the camera, it first passes through low-lying clouds, before making a sharp turn and heading out of view. I don't honestly believe this is a bug. I've seen so much NASA footage of these type of orbs performing in the exact same way; fascinating to see one (finally) from a ground-based view. Kudos to the OP!



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fullblast
I have the advantage of looking at this in HD, recorded from line prior to being broadcast. I have just spent some time looking over the clip with one of my co-workers, and he is convinced it is a bug. Looking at it, I want to agree with him. He has been on the building and though there is no lighting for camera, there are lights in various places on the building, not to mention you cannot rule out someone being on the building with a light of some sort.

Going frame by fram, the light has a leading edge prior to the bright light that looks very close, not very far away. Almost like looking at something through a microscope. Not sure if I am saying that correctly.

I have gone from thinking it was something far away, to now thinking it was something very close.

Or maybe the government is making me cover up this story..... I kid I kid.


Any chance we can see the HD?
Because to me and many others here we see it pass through the clouds on the horizon HD could possibly clear up whether it does or whether it's something else. Thanks.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fullblast
I have the advantage of looking at this in HD, recorded from line prior to being broadcast. I have just spent some time looking over the clip with one of my co-workers, and he is convinced it is a bug. Looking at it, I want to agree with him. He has been on the building and though there is no lighting for camera, there are lights in various places on the building, not to mention you cannot rule out someone being on the building with a light of some sort.




Is there anyway you can verify your identity, or verify your access to a
high definition version of this clip?



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thunda, I hope you have now seen the "light", so to speak



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowundertheradar
I've gone over and over this video, putting still-frames in photoshop and zooming in as close as pixels allow. My final opinion on this, is that the object is at a considerable distance from the camera, it first passes through low-lying clouds, before making a sharp turn and heading out of view. I don't honestly believe this is a bug. I've seen so much NASA footage of these type of orbs performing in the exact same way; fascinating to see one (finally) from a ground-based view. Kudos to the OP!


Thank you for your work, and input into the thread. I am sure I am not alone in that
I appreciate someone with the ability to do the work taking it seriously. Thanks again!



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

Seeing as how I worked on the omni building construction, I know where the camera was placed and I know there is a light around 10' behind it. FYI I am an electrician.


Thats an interesting statement, one that contradicts Fullblast.

I did ask Fullblast if he can verify that he works there at NBC.
I am going to ask you the same, is there any way you can verify that you worked
on this building? You have made several posts in the thread, yet just now state
that you know there is a light by the cam?

I hope you can understand, as this is ATS and obviously this story has now gone viral,
its all over the internet and is attracting a lot of attention.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.google.com...

I have seen these dark objects in videos that people want to call bugs
so I tried to find the examples that I remember.

I'll be back because they do look very similar.
Same type of bug or same type of Tesla ship flying bye.
ED:
www.youtube.com...
A slow witness depicted flying wing:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7/28/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


I am looking into what I can do to get it off the back up system.

Nothing is going to happen right away I assure you.

As far as who I am, you can believe me or not believe me. That is your choice, I am not really interested in doing more than that.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stykes
I've been on ATS for a while and have noticed a recent trend. Anytime someone posts something that seems interesting, the three or four reply's right after it are always, "its a bug", its a "ballon" or what have you. Absolutley no proof but a grainy youtube video with someone seemingly trying to mimic the video. We should rename this site to skeptics.com, trolls.com or disinfo.com. This is not the way ATS used to be.

Regarding this video, I'm not saying its not a bug, but its the first time i see a bug (that's alone) find a cloud (that apparently is hovering directly in front of the camera) and then shoot out to the right of these street level clouds that only form in FORT WORTH, TX. Also, the bug seems to have a tailing light as it shoots down (which the grainy youtube video bugs don't have), that's an amazing bug if you ask me.

The skeptics need not prove a thing on this board, simply blabber something out loud, show a grainy youtube video and everyone is like, "Wow, that's it". Yet, there are people who take days to analyze the same video's and can be found out there on separate websites that can find no explanation other than being UFO, but all that is QUICKLY dismissed here. Usually the thread will then focus on this separate analyzer and people do research about the person find something like "he kicked his dog" and that automatically makes his analysis invalid or he is called a cook with no real basis (Mind you this is the EXACT same pattern the media does with political candidates they don't want being publicized and are afraid of - Very old Modus Operandi).

Seems like disinfo or trolling has creeped in to ATS if you ask me.

FYI, don't take this to think that I'm a firm believer of anything, far from it, more of a critical thinker. I've been reading ATS threads for years with this being my second time positing due to this pattern of behavior noticeably happening on almost every top rated thread.

My 2 Cents.


Originally I posted the above and wanted to give some more concrete info instead of just assumptions and accusations (which everyone hates around here).

ATS being the most popular alternative theory site around, i believe it has caught the attention of many, including these,

www.guardian.co.uk...

Again, My 2 Cents, just seems weird more skeptics with absolutely no facts decidedly agreeing everything is fake. Its funny how the actual camera guy came on and said his 2 Cents and some people are already calling him liar and a cook and attacking him. Ridiculous.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Stykes because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
aaahhhh.....I see the term 'expert' is still being thrown around a day later....


Originally posted by Fullblast

I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

The camera has no light source near it.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever.

I do not know what it was, but I wanted to add or clarify some information here. The camera was not pointing toward the old Carswell and I do not believe it was a bug, because at least once, I feel like I would have seen something similar.

Oddly enough on Monday night at about 9:15pm coming home from a blowout Ranger baseball game my son and I saw the best meteor I have ever seen. I was traveling on N820, near Rufe Snow heading west.

Maybe just coincedence but odd none the less. This link has some information and a video of the meteor. There were several sightings over the course of a few days.

elpasoallsky.blogspot.com...

When first saw the NBC Skycam video, I thought oh wow, they caught the one I saw on skycam, but my meteor never turned like that, it broke up into two or three pieces just before it disappeared..
edit on 28-7-2011 by Fullblast because: (no reason given)


Well that settles it....Thread closed....But wait...

I happen to work at the OMNI hotel in Fort Worth....We should get together for lunch....

This is the OMNI you're referring to right?




Another View of the OMNI, this time at night




OMNI rooftop



Lights atop Fort Worth OMNI





As it turns out, the roof of the OMNI is covered in lights....You're either wrong, or just lying.....

But so am i.....I don't work at the OMNI in Fort Worth....But it's easy to make these claims on the internet....

Isn't it?



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven
 


Why do you suppose that positng a bunch of pictures you found on the internet of the Omni
building will close this thread?

Do you want the thread, and discussion closed?



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Its a bug. I dont really believe that, I just like to fit into a crowd.
His name is Reginald P. Bugsworth XXVI. he comes from a small town outside cooperpedy called bugstown, currently he's on a world trip. He was however in his flying saucer.

So there you have it. It was a terrestrial insect piloting a flying craft of extraterrestrial origin,...he got it cheap second hand, only done 437 million billion miles.

(SIGH!) Why do people get so worked up over these things. on the one side you have the faithful and on the other you have the cold narrow logic of the all knowing sceptic. both incapable of making any kind adjustment to their thinking.
The Faithful try to make converts and require no proof.
The cold sceptic wouldn't believe if an alien introduced themselves, provided irrefutable proof and then stole the television before dancing the charleston on their groin.

It 'IS' a ufo for one simple reason: We dont know 100% wtf it is.
real question: Is it a known phenomena.



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
aaahhhh.....I see the term 'expert' is still being thrown around a day later....


Originally posted by Fullblast

I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

The camera has no light source near it.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever.

I do not know what it was, but I wanted to add or clarify some information here. The camera was not pointing toward the old Carswell and I do not believe it was a bug, because at least once, I feel like I would have seen something similar.

Oddly enough on Monday night at about 9:15pm coming home from a blowout Ranger baseball game my son and I saw the best meteor I have ever seen. I was traveling on N820, near Rufe Snow heading west.

Maybe just coincedence but odd none the less. This link has some information and a video of the meteor. There were several sightings over the course of a few days.

elpasoallsky.blogspot.com...

When first saw the NBC Skycam video, I thought oh wow, they caught the one I saw on skycam, but my meteor never turned like that, it broke up into two or three pieces just before it disappeared..
edit on 28-7-2011 by Fullblast because: (no reason given)


Well that settles it....Thread closed....But wait...

I happen to work at the OMNI hotel in Fort Worth....We should get together for lunch....

This is the OMNI you're referring to right?




Another View of the OMNI, this time at night




OMNI rooftop



Lights atop Fort Worth OMNI





As it turns out, the roof of the OMNI is covered in lights....You're either wrong, or just lying.....

But so am i.....I don't work at the OMNI in Fort Worth....But it's easy to make these claims on the internet....

Isn't it?


Scroll up the thread there fella. I stated the Camera is not lit and it isnt. I also said I spoke to one of the engineers that has been up there and he did say there are lights on the building, though none are terribly close to the camera. Further more, if you read on, I said that looking at it in HD video, the object does seem like a magnified object rather than looking at something far away.

Nice detective work though!

Oh, forgot to add, the video you see is real time, not time lapsed.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Fullblast because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven
 


Exactly what does this prove? that images.google.com has nice pictures of the roof?

Only real way to settle this is you have a picture of that camera with a spotlight behind it, or you watch the camera stream tonight until a bug flys buy and you record and analyze. Its how normal forensic experts do things, they create the same scenario again and compare. They don't go to images.google.com and claim they won the debate.

Also, how common is it for a bug to fly all the way to the top of a sky scraper? Can bugs fly that high? What bugs would those be that can?

Try to be a critical thinker before deciding once and for all, thanks.

2 Cents
edit on 28-7-2011 by Stykes because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by fooks
 


Nice to see that the people saying "its a bug, plain and simple" are not answering the question, why are we not seeing many of these bugs in the cam? Please please post evidence that there are many of these bugs that fly near the camera. And don't ask me to provide evidence that its ET, because i don't know what it is. You are saying its a bug, so post evidence that proves that.


are you talking to me?

i said it was a frikin titleist!


i don't even believe the rods are bugs!.



new topics

top topics



 
115
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join