It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I really don't know what it is....of course I am hoping it is a UFO....I guess most of us are...I am just going to wait and see what the UFO experts have to say after they have examined the film.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Caught live??? How do you know that???

I've said before and I'll say it again. Videos, photos and eye witness accounts are all bogus. They mean nothing. The only way any type of UFO sighting can be accepted as truth is if all major networks and the majority of a well known city(not some town in Alaska or in Montana) ,where people from all walk of life, ARE STIPULATING the same exact thing. Only then can one accept what is shown on the video or photo is authentic. Eye witness accounts are worse than bogus.

Remember any video or any photo can be altered. Photos and videos are like rumors as its passed around it has tendency to change and one doesn't know the path that particular item has been thru. You'll be surprised the true history of these photos and videos.

The value of masses and numbers trumps technology.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Was just turning so the reflection changed some.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It looks like a spotlight from above reflecting off an uneven cloud. I never see any form, just a spot of light.

Of course some people won't believe in a UFO until it lands in front of them. Technically then it would be identified so no longer a UFO.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Caught live??? How do you know that???

I've said before and I'll say it again. Videos, photos and eye witness accounts are all bogus. They mean nothing. The only way any type of UFO sighting can be accepted as truth is if all major networks and the majority of a well known city(not some town in Alaska or in Montana) ,where people from all walk of life, ARE STIPULATING the same exact thing. Only then can one accept what is shown on the video or photo is authentic. Eye witness accounts are worse than bogus.

Remember any video or any photo can be altered. Photos and videos are like rumors as its passed around it has tendency to change and one doesn't know the path that particular item has been thru. You'll be surprised the true history of these photos and videos.

The value of masses and numbers trumps technology.

You may be correct in that if no one reported seeing it, then as much as it may look like something real, it probably wasn't.

However, I can speak to the fact that the video is not doctored. That much at least is not in question.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

No light.

Originally posted by Fullblast
All this time reading ATS and I finally have something to add.

I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

The camera has no light source near it.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever.

I do not know what it was, but I wanted to add or clarify some information here. The camera was not pointing toward the old Carswell and I do not believe it was a bug, because at least once, I feel like I would have seen something similar.

Oddly enough on Monday night at about 9:15pm coming home from a blowout Ranger baseball game my son and I saw the best meteor I have ever seen. I was traveling on N820, near Rufe Snow heading west.

Maybe just coincedence but odd none the less. This link has some information and a video of the meteor. There were several sightings over the course of a few days.

elpasoallsky.blogspot.com...

When first saw the NBC Skycam video, I thought oh wow, they caught the one I saw on skycam, but my meteor never turned like that, it broke up into two or three pieces just before it disappeared..
edit on 28-7-2011 by Fullblast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

this video doesnt do the ufo community any good.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Fullblast, can you tell us if the video is initially in real time or is it time lapsed? Not even sure if that has any helpful relevance but I'm curious. Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

All this time reading ATS and I finally have something to add.

I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever.

I do not know what it was, but I wanted to add or clarify some information here. The camera was not pointing toward the old Carswell and I do not believe it was a bug, because at least once, I feel like I would have seen something similar.

Oddly enough on Monday night at about 9:15pm coming home from a blowout Ranger baseball game my son and I saw the best meteor I have ever seen. I was traveling on N820, near Rufe Snow heading west.

Maybe just coincedence but odd none the less. This link has some information and a video of the meteor. There were several sightings over the course of a few days.

elpasoallsky.blogspot.com...

When first saw the NBC Skycam video, I thought oh wow, they caught the one I saw on skycam, but my meteor never turned like that, it broke up into two or three pieces just before it disappeared..
edit on 28-7-2011 by Fullblast because: (no reason given)

Thank you for this information...I hope more people pay attention to it. So...it was not a bug....good to know.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Im sure you will tell us your own opinions after the experts make up your mind for you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

It is a bug. There is a light behind the camera. The camera casts a shadow. The bug flew in from above (in the light) and then in front of the camera (in the shadow) hence the fading.

Did you even bother to read this thread before commenting? This has been posted and quoted several times:

"I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever."

So easy to sound like you know what you are talking about whilst dismissing, without the slightest bit of research or information.

"its a bug, its a bug, its a bug" who knows, if you all keep saying it, it might come true......

edit on 28-7-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Did anyone check with NBC to see what they had to say about to anomaly?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHammer

this video doesnt do the ufo community any good.

Really? care to expand? Or do you just like leaving cryptic one liners like this:

"Im sure you will tell us your own opinions after the experts make up your mind for you. "

So whats that supposed to mean? Apart from being totally off topic, it does nothing for the discussion here.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In that shot that are light sources absolutely everywhere, you certainly cannot rule out one being behind the camera. It's a bug.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHammer
Did anyone check with NBC to see what they had to say about to anomaly?

lol
There's a link in the OP that goes to the stations home page in which they themselves ask "what was that?" and then go on to state they're sending the footage off to be analysed as well as asking for feedback.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

At first I thought it was a bug but then I saw the path the object travelled - perfect angle down, swooped in a straight line for a micro second and then perfect angle up and out of view - no way it could have been a bug because their flying patterns are kinda erratic...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
In that shot that are light sources absolutely everywhere, you certainly cannot rule out one being behind the camera. It's a bug.

Im afraid we can, and we have. Which 'light sources' are you refering to? We have already had the guy who works with this exact camera telling us there is no light source, but some how you have information he does not?

Yeah, keep it up "(I wish) its a bug, (I wish) its a bug", now turn around three times...........

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

However, I can speak to the fact that the video is not doctored. That much at least is not in question.

Thank you for that clarification also.

Fullblast, I do have another question, you may be able to answer or obtain the answer.

The video appears to replay, thats a given. It appears to be at normal speed in the beginning,
then as it is replayed it is slowed. Is that a correct assement?

Also, you mentioned seeing "the best meteor" ever. Did you happen to check around
and see if anyone else noted the sighting, or if there were other UFO sightings?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

At first I thought it was a bug but then I saw the path the object travelled - perfect angle down, swooped in a straight line for a micro second and then perfect angle up and out of view - no way it could have been a bug because their flying patterns are kinda erratic...

You're seeing less than a second of the bug's flight and ruling it out because the movement isn't erratic enough?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Originally posted by Sliick

It is a bug. There is a light behind the camera. The camera casts a shadow. The bug flew in from above (in the light) and then in front of the camera (in the shadow) hence the fading.

Did you even bother to read this thread before commenting? This has been posted and quoted several times:

"I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever."

So easy to sound like you know what you are talking about whilst dismissing, without the slightest bit of research or information.

"its a bug, its a bug, its a bug" who knows, if you all keep saying it, it might come true......

edit on 28-7-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

Seeing as how I worked on the omni building construction, I know where the camera was placed and I know there is a light around 10' behind it. FYI I am an electrician.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join