It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Fullblast

I work at NBC here in Fort Worth. The Camera in question is on the OMNI building in downtown Fort Worth and at that point was facing just a bit South of East. So generally you are looking down I 30 toward Dallas.

The camera has no light source near it.

I have watched that camera, and adjusted it, more times than I can remember. If it was a bug, you would have thought I would have seen something like that before, but I have not, ever.

Much needed answers, thanks for your valuable information on this one!

edit on 28-7-2011 by markymint because: Added quote

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Evidence points to flying insect. at the lowest point it seems to fly out of whatever light is behind the camera or possibly into the cameras shadow and then flies of getting caught in the light once again. It doenst look far away it looks to be just a few inches in front of the lense. Next.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Evidence points to flying insect. at the lowest point it seems to fly out of whatever light is behind the camera or possibly into the cameras shadow and then flies of getting caught in the light once again. It doenst look far away it looks to be just a few inches in front of the lense. Next.

We've just been told by a technician of the camera that it doesn't have a light source anywhere near it.

Someone's photo further back in the thread also show it's on a tower. We now have more evidence to suggest whatever it is, is not within a few feet of the camera, unless it is perhaps, a firefly, or any other glowing insect.
edit on 28-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I would be interested in hearing the camera operator's perspective on what he/she viewed too.

There shouldn't be a light source anywhere near the back of the camera. What would it be illuminating, the whole skyline of Fort Worth for a camera shot?

I definitely thought it was a bug initially, but now I have second thoughts of it being a bug.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Are "fireflies" and other pests like that even flying around at 5:20am? I assumed they came out near dawn and hunkered down for the daily slumber well before 5am.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

No idea, I just said that to keep the skeptics happy

You can read FullBlast's (the technician) opinion on Page 14, near the bottom.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There is no way thats not a bug...It looks like a bug it acts like a bug..hell I'd say it smells like a bug..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
it looked like a flying swarm of bat feces interrupted the flight pattern of a swarm of giant killer bees

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
There is no way thats not a bug...It looks like a bug it acts like a bug..hell I'd say it smells like a bug..

I would expect it is a firefly.
That would explain the dimming and getting brighter.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
OK can be a bug,the only things that questions me is,why just a lonely bug???and why we see the bug taking part of the clouds clusters and reappear upfront??? why only this one bug can do that semierratic manner?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There is no light source anywhere near the camera, that ruins the shots at night.

The camera is on a poll on the top of a building.

I was not working the morning this happened, off days, I just know when I saw the video I without knowing anything about it, I thought it was the meteor I had seen on Monday night. It wasn't until I saw it shoot off to the side, and then started reading that I realized it happened at a completely different time.

It is no bug. No way. Of that I am more convinced than ever.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Fullblast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It CAN'T be a bat. The aliens killed all the bats. Although maybe white nose syndrome is from the bats zooming around at 3200mph..........
One bug caught in just so a manner, and HOW long has this camera been turned on?
If I put a camera with a light outside my house, it'd look like a scene out of a Hitchcock movie in about 15 minutes.
It doesnt matter how long you've been taking pictures. It matters how long you've been thinking.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

How long have Meteors been able to do 45% turns when already inside our gravitational field???

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You people are bug mad, seriously guys, even when your told by experts you still refuse to listen. People like you wouldnt believe the truth if it bit you on the backside and there is no point in debating further with you as your mind is made up and will not be swayed even when you have the facts in black and white. I guess people see what they want to see, i myself see a ufo and all the evidence suggests it to be just that, unidentified.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
You people are bug mad, seriously guys, even when your told by experts you still refuse to listen. People like you wouldnt believe the truth if it bit you on the backside and there is no point in debating further with you as your mind is made up and will not be swayed even when you have the facts in black and white. I guess people see what they want to see, i myself see a ufo and all the evidence suggests it to be just that, unidentified.

I do not reject the possibility of UFOs existing, but that DOES indeed seem like an insect. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
is the video still on air? when I click the link it says that an error ocurred...

same thing when I go directly to youtube...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
No evidence to proof without a shadow of a doubt that it is a bug or isn't a bug. Right now untill any sort of solid proof comes up it is all pure speculation. Don't mean to be mr captain obvious here but I had to say it. So now that that's out of the way so far judging from the comments in this thread and what has been said by the guy who works in fort worth about the camera.... it in my opinion doesn't add up to it being a bug. What it is I don't know. I would ask those that truly believe it to be a bug to state some sort of logical reasoning behind your opinion like those who have stated it is not a bug. I in dfw area...just north of dallas in denton. This excites me. If it is a bug its a prank bug that is getting the best of some of us lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've been on ATS for a while and have noticed a recent trend. Anytime someone posts something that seems interesting, the three or four reply's right after it are always, "its a bug", its a "ballon" or what have you. Absolutley no proof but a grainy youtube video with someone seemingly trying to mimic the video. We should rename this site to skeptics.com, trolls.com or disinfo.com. This is not the way ATS used to be.

Regarding this video, I'm not saying its not a bug, but its the first time i see a bug (that's alone) find a cloud (that apparently is hovering directly in front of the camera) and then shoot out to the right of these street level clouds that only form in FORT WORTH, TX. Also, the bug seems to have a tailing light as it shoots down (which the grainy youtube video bugs don't have), that's an amazing bug if you ask me.

The skeptics need not prove a thing on this board, simply blabber something out loud, show a grainy youtube video and everyone is like, "Wow, that's it". Yet, there are people who take days to analyze the same video's and can be found out there on separate websites that can find no explanation other than being UFO, but all that is QUICKLY dismissed here. Usually the thread will then focus on this separate analyzer and people do research about the person find something like "he kicked his dog" and that automatically makes his analysis invalid or he is called a cook with no real basis (Mind you this is the EXACT same pattern the media does with political candidates they don't want being publicized and are afraid of - Very old Modus Operandi).

Seems like disinfo or trolling has creeped in to ATS if you ask me.

FYI, don't take this to think that I'm a firm believer of anything, far from it, more of a critical thinker. I've been reading ATS threads for years with this being my second time positing due to this pattern of behavior noticeably happening on almost every top rated thread.

My 2 Cents.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
it really doesn't look like a bug and what's up with all the delusional people around here trying to say aliens doesn't exist, you guys know this is not the first video of an ufo caught live, they're not bugs, get over it, they have technology you would never understand, so don't try to sound like "oh it's going too fast, can't be real"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Gwampo
I fully agree ... but a bug? for real? those people REALLY believe its a bug? I don't believe its a bug for 1 second.

15 years of photography experience (film and digital), a Wife who is a Pro at it and over 10 years in CG experience and I think it's a bug.

What is your view based on?

Abduction, although I've never admitted this to anyone in person. They are coming for our resources and precious metals. They are waiting for a cycle in the sun to knock out our satellites because they know we can beat them if we are able to communicate across the world as quickly as we can today.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join