It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New High: 46% Think Most in Congress Are Corrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well this is quite fitting for the time..

Link To Article...

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters now view most members of Congress as corrupt. That’s up seven points from June and the highest finding yet recorded. Just 29% think most members are not corrupt, and another 25% are not sure.

To see the survey question wording, click here...

Even more interesting to me is the following statistic:

Similarly, a whopping 85% of voters think most members of Congress are more interested in helping their own careers than in helping other people. That’s a record high for surveys stretching back to early November 2006. Only seven percent (7%) believe most of the legislators are more interested in helping others.

I wonder how many of folks polled realize how much BS there is behind this over-dramatic "Debt Talks" madness. You see these politicians sitting at conference tables with smiles on their hard working faces as cameras snap left and right, and if they're not hashing it out over ever-so intense discussions on the golf course, they're right in front of press conferences saying how their side has the answer..

Huge distractions, total BS. How many folks really thought the government shut would actually happen those few months ago?

Your thoughts?
Good day.
edit on 27-7-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What's your point? Are you implying that there was no debate and all this huffing and puffing was just for show? I happen to think it was a legitimate push and tug with each side playing for a more positive outcome. I did assume they would get it figured out in time but stuff like this happens all the time.

I hardly think they had a deal a long time ago and were doing all this for show.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All they have to do is come to ATS and they'll find that we think that they are 99% corrupt!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I bet polls like these are deliberately manipulated by a couple of points to show that the public still has faith in the government. So 46% could mean 56%, 66%, 76%, 86%, 96%...but most likely 56%.
edit on 27-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
What's your point? Are you implying that there was no debate and all this huffing and puffing was just for show? I happen to think it was a legitimate push and tug with each side playing for a more positive outcome. I did assume they would get it figured out in time but stuff like this happens all the time.

I hardly think they had a deal a long time ago and were doing all this for show.

Well for starters, forget what I wrote, and I'd say the point of this thread is the statistical data in the linked article. Are you one to agree or disagree with that information?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Remove all non americans from politics and put those in jaill that have duel passports with Isreal and you could cut the figure in half.

So obvious that politicians won't listen to 'we the people' whilst they are on the zionists payroll but still if you think they are listening to you then do put me right.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Looks like the Tea Party was useful after all.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
...And in other news 54% of Americans still have their heads buried in the sand...
The pace at which the world is falling apart continues to accelerate. I'm sure TPTB see this as further cause to accelerate their agendas.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There's always about a third of the population in any country/time period/culture that will ALWAYS, ALWAYS believe the government, doesn't matter what they do or say. (depending on the population, I would say it is between 20-30%)

They could say the moon is made out of cheese and those 20-30% or so would believe it.

Those 30% are brainwashed/too stupid to make up their own minds and will not change their minds, whatever happens.

So I think realistically, the higher we could hope for is around 60-65%...and it's probably already in that range.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
people think

ats KNOWS they are and sure enough that percentage is higher.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

aww man the moon aint made out of cheese? whaaaaaaat? hey at least is the easter bunny and santa claus real?

edit on 27-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join