It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police beat, taser mentally ill homeless man to death

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by OldCorp

What if the person starts fighting with the police first. What if they begin striking the officer with their fists and the officer begins defending him or herself by striking back but unfortunately a strike or the fall from being knocked unconscious causes some sort of brain injury and the person dies? It most likely has happened before. The officer's actions would be justified and as long as the officer's actions were not excessive there is no wrongdoing by the police.

Yeah but none of that is what happened here. Your scenario about one cop being attacked and landing an unfortunate blow is a little removed from the reality of 6 men beating a man on the ground in my book.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
To have a crime you need a guilty action and guilty intent.

Where exactly did you study US law?
Nothing about what you just wrote is even remotely close to accurate and as the opening for your argument I believe fails on many levels before it gets out of the gate. I would be happy to be shown to be incorrect before I do go on.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The only point lost is your continued insistance a person can resist an unlawful arrest. You are not grapsing the fact they are completely seperate charges.

Resisting an arrest doesnt make the distinction on lawful. There are reason for this... Go beyond your supreme court ruling for the remainder of the case law that shaped federal court rulings.

Ill give you some hints.. It has to do with officer safety as ell as suspect safety.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Those decisions look pretty cut and dry to me.

If the officer had no right to arrest, the other party might resist the illegal attempt to arrest him, using no more force than was absolutely necessary to repel the assault constituting the attempt to arrest

Perhaps you can clarify what you find inaccurate about what has been supplied instead of just claiming it is wrong without any attempt at making that case?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have to say this should be on the Front page on ATS. No one should let this go.

This inicdent is too important to forget about. Can everyone please flag thread thank you very much.

I wan to add this I found on you tube if someone can comment on it.

Someone from inside the Police force, revealing what exactly is happening.

Shocking to say the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This may have been posted already, but this thread has become really long and a little redundancy never hurt anyone.

Unless it was redundant punches, kicks, and taser hits.

FBI is investigating this case. Lip service to qualm outrage or legitimate investigation?

kro, don't mean to beat a dead horsey here but even more testimony is coming out saying he did absolutely nothing to prompt a physical attack by these officers.

[Fullerton police chief ] Michael Sellers and his wife Rita Fraser-Sellers, are close personal friends with [investigator Stan] Berry and his wife, Kristen Berry, the Dispatch Supervisor in Seal Beach. They socialize together, vacation together and entertain each other in their respective homes. Of all the DA investigators, why choose Berry, other than he will help cover for his friend.

So the DA for the Fullerton City investigation is friends with the Fullerton Police Chief? Good to know an outside agency is investigating.

The OC Weekly reports that the city tried to settle with Thomas's grieving parents for $900,000—an amount that would have been higher, except that Thomas "was 'no rocket scientist,'" as city officials put it. Apparently, having a mental illness reduces your value as a human being under some sort of unwritten Fullerton municipal code! Maybe that's why five out of the six officers involved in the beating are now back on the streets, as though their actions hadn't just resulted in the death of a man.

This just gets better and better. I truly hope justice is served here. Not just to the officers but those involved in what will most likely turn out to be a slanted and biased investigation.

gawker.com...

edit on 1-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
These cops are done for..

Well I will not hold my breath..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Resisting an arrest doesnt make the distinction on lawful. There are reason for this... Go beyond your supreme court ruling for the remainder of the case law that shaped federal court rulings.

Go beyond "my" Supreme Court ruling? You mean go to a higher source? Are you kidding me? You know better, and I shouldn't have to explain this to you. That Supreme Court ruling I cited has never been overturned.

You are misinterpreting law, mistaking facts, and tragically wrong when you claim people do not have the right and authority to resist an unlawful arrest.

Here is a hint for you, friend: A person dressed as a police officer, even one who took an oath of office, is not a police officer when unlawfully arresting a person, and most assuredly, undeniably, emphatically does not have any immunity.

That you keep putting out this propaganda that the people have no right or authority to lawfully resist an unlawful arrest is a big reason the clear and present police corruption continues.

You are always lamenting that few praise police for the good they do, and are too quick to judge them on the bad, but when you insist that the people have no right or lawful authority to protect themselves from criminal thugs, regardless of the uniform and posture they take, then I assure you that you will keep lamenting.

People who have sworn an oath of office to uphold and protect the Supreme Law of the Land best start doing so, or this is just going to keep getting uglier and uglier, and that does not bode well for any of us.

I suppose I misspoke when I suggested to that other poster that you were far more qualified to defend the Fullerton Police officers in their time of need. If you cannot be honorable enough to acknowledge that even police officers act criminally, and that when they do, people are under no lawful, not even legal obligation to continue treating them as if they are officers of the law, then you are not going to help these beleaguered Fullerton police anymore than the other poster did.

No one, and I mean absolutely no one, has the legal, and most assuredly lawful right to criminally detain, or arrest an innocent person. If police officers cannot recognize this, then they are nothing more than armed gang members who deserve every ounce of disrespect they have been getting in this thread, and in this site.

When police officers finally step up and behave honorably, and acknowledge that they do not have any authority to abuse the power entrusted to them, then and only then can we begin to mend this rift.

Step up, Xcathdra! Step up!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Shocking interview, I hope these killers mix with the general prison population after they're convicted of the murder, they deserve the full horrors of the US penile system

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Its penal system, rather than 'penile', but to be honest I think you'd ultimately be right whichever way you spelled it. And yeah I also hope they experience the full horror of that system (both spellings).

Those cops dont deserve to be walking the streets freely, nevermind wearing a badge.

Scum.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

If they do not get jail that is what I or one will be shocked at, and that is the time I would call for protests across the USA.

Mind you I would not be surprised, if they get a lesser sentence with an disgusting ruling.

Happens alot of the time over here in the UK also

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I stopped listening after a few minutes, shocking indeed.
flag added.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It seems that in some areas within law enforcement there are small groups of really bad cops, who will eventually ignite a kind of civil unrest never before seen through their brutality and arbitrary use of lethal force, too often.

You are right.
Zoot Suit Riots - 1943
Watts Riots - 1965
L.A. Riots -1992
If there is a pattern we are about due

edit on 2-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Thank you. That is what I was aiming for.

Start at 2:40 that is what I see happening somewhere in the next year or so and it will go virial worldwide.

Around christmas next year is my guess.

This horrible incident happened about a mile from my office so this hits hard.

edit on 2-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Ill give you some hints.. It has to do with officer safety as ell as suspect safety.

I'm really sick of hearing you whine about this "officer safety" bullsh*t on every thread that concerns LEOs. Police officers are not paid to be 'safe', they are paid to do the exact opposite, which theoretically keeps the country safer. It's their job. Your argument is like saying "OMG, how could you expect that firefighter to run into a burning building!?!? How can you just expect them to do that!?!? Think about the firefighters safety!"..... IT'S THEIR JOB. This is not rocket science, Xcath, give me a break.
. Tyrant sympathizer.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To all of those that are crying 'but not all police are 'bad', it's just a few bad apples, etc etc.

You are known by the company you keep. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and there are some very weak links in your profession.

You spend so much time watching and policing civilians why don't you spend a tenth of that time policing yourselves?

I'd rather deal with the mafia than the cops.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
New witnesses...I hope these cops get what they deserve.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

when a good cop looks the other way or keeps quiet when a bad cop is commiting an act of unnecessary violence against a member of the public then both are guilty and should be treated as such .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join