It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One lucky mother…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hi,

Translation started:

One lucky mother and daughter from North Carolina in the U.S. has beaten all odds and won the lottery three times.

Kimberley McCauley won recently 513,000 dollars in a scratch game, called 10X the Money.

But it is not the only time the family has won. In 2007 Kimberleys mom won 827,000 dollars in the lottery. It is however nothing compare to the 1991 lottery, there she won 79.5 million dollars in the lottery in New York.

Kimberley McCauley was pleasantly surprised when she won the money.

"I thought my mom was sitting with all the luck," she says, according to ABC News.

Kimberley will use here money to pay off student loans and to buy a new car.

Translation ended.

Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk...:familie-vinder-lotteriet-for-3-gang.html

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What idiots, playing the lottery after winning 79 million.

They must have blown it all.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Oops double post.
edit on 27-7-2011 by geraldcole because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can someone explain me why they still play lotto after winning SO MUCH money? Greedy morons...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes I can explain why they are still playing the lottery as it is gambling and gambling my friends is a disease much like alcohol, drugs. smoking etc. However since the big boys have it locked down and its so widely accepted we just think nowt of it. I'm sure that these peoples greed levels have something to do with it as well as an above poster stated however at the end of a day it is what it is and that's exploitation of many peoples hopes for a better life through a rather iniquitous ploy.

I mean they won yet they still play, why? But its okay because they're rich. Hmmmmm much akin to its okay hes a drug addict but he's rich so ....... Sad really. Just Big brother looking out for us.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 27/7/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content.

edit on 27/7/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hi,

Trowa you sound like you know a lot about the subject? - Please fell free to post more about it.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I would say any kind of addiction is a disease, but I wouldn't call gambling or alcohol alone a disease.

Gambling addictions are truly terrible, should this mean we brand all gambling as damaging? I'd say not. As with anything, responsibility must play a part. Instead of stricter gambling laws, how about using the money obtained through taxation on gambling awareness promotions and rehabilitation for addicts?

As for the family in question, it's their money to spend as they see fit. Now if only I had the luck to win $79million ...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Hi again,

This post suddenly turned a little more interesting.

My brother and me has been World Of Warcraft addicts for some years. It is only lately that we do not play so much anymore. For me because I got married, for my brother he lives with me and I wont accept it, that we haven´t played insanely.

Like 4-5 hours every evening raiding Onyxia remade etc etc.

So even that we are not betting real money in that way I spended a little money over time buying gold for real money.

At first my brother was like: THAT IS CHEATING etc but after a while he started doing it himself. So yes I have tried the addiction myself a few times.

I think it is important to talk about it, since when you know about it you can if you want start working with it.

top topics

join