ICBM Destroyed After California Launch Has "Anomaly"

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

ICBM Destroyed After California Launch Has "Anomaly"

news.yahoo.com

An unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile was destroyed early Wednesday minutes after it blasted out of a California coast underground silo on a flight to test the weapon's reliability, the Air Force said.

It's the second Minuteman 3 test problem in five weeks at Vandenberg Air Force Base, located on the coast about 130 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.af.mil
edit on 27-7-2011 by burntheships because: fix title

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We can specualate about the anomaly, perhaps its just
the age of the missiles? Something seems off,
with all of the unrest in the Middle East, and China's hegemonic ambitions...lots of possibilities.

...."Established parameters were exceeded, and controllers sent destruct commands."

On June 22, an unarmed Minuteman 3 was launched on a test flight to the Marshall Islands atoll, but a communications problem forced the launch command to be issued by ground control rather than an airborne launch control system.

In that missile test, the ICBM and its re-entry vehicle successfully reached its Kwajalein Atoll target.

This one, not so successful.

A glimpse into the work leading up to a Minuteman III launch here, its no small amount of work.

Thoughts?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oh, wonderful. This is just what the world needs right about now. Missiles going haywire and flying out of control. Not unheard of, but worrying.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskirovka

They had it under, well it only was in air 5 minutes...Marshall Island and it was taken
out. Still, its not a small firework when one goes off.

Let alone when it destucts overhead....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS link to Vast sightings, could this be related?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hmmm....lets see. It was only 5 minutes out....

"destroyed by Vandenberg's Western Range"

5 minutes out estimates at Marshall Islands

en.wikipedia.org...

Interestingly, the Roi Namur island is home to several military radar sites,
part of the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Site based on the Kwajalein Atoll.

Read more: defensetech.org...
Defense.org

So, the Air Force just lost a decades-old Minuteman III ICBM during a test launch this morning out of Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.

The missile was destroyed northeast of the pacific Island of Roi Namur by officials with Vandenberg’s western test range after they detected a “flight anomaly,” according to an Air Force announcement.

While the announcement didn’t elaborate on the “anomaly” the missile most likely showed signs of diverting from its planned flight path. It’s far too early to tell what went wrong with the aging ICBM
defensetech.org...
Defense.org

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

July 25th around 5:00 pm: i1082.photobucket.com...
i1082.photobucket.com...

where I am standing while taking this photo is about 3 miles from the mexican border, this streak came from mexico at a slight angel then suddenly went almost straight up.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It looked like it came from mexico but, who knows maybe I saw that california missle, from texas
edit on 27-7-2011 by lbndhr because: spell check

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Ah, nice pics thanks! Though I think that was two days earlier?
This just happened a few hours ago, 27th.

Though thats definitely a trail of some type, do keep us posted as to your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Post deleted...
edit on 27-7-2011 by Digital_Reality because: No point in stating the obvious

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
this smells like a Pre-falseflag set up those minuteman systems have been crappy since they were rolled out now they are showing us they don't work,
so when they cant defend us when something Unforeseen like 911, the Gov. and Mil wont be to blame for not protecting us.

i mean how could they ever see it coming and be prepared?
edit on 7/27/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Good point, I was suprised to see the news. And then I read this is the second one
that had problems, very recent.

I did not hear about the first one....

In any case, its something to keep in mind for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry, it's probably just a malfunctioning chip that China slipped into the missile before they shipped it over for America to buy. Build your own weapons and these problems would come up much less, lol.

top topics

join