It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas on where to bug out too... Go west

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
...i suspect that when the proverbial shtf day comes, people running to federal lands will discover they are pre-devised death camps... its happened here before and the power base hasnt changed - so, it'll probably happen again...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm bugging in for as long as I can and if worse comes to worse I will certainly stay in Ohio. There are plenty of options depending on the area of the state. In a bad situation it is best to stick with what and where you know the best.

Interesting map BTW. The federal hold on land in the west is quite fascinating. Expect that land to be used to pay off the nations debt to China.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yeah, come west and bring all your cool stuff because you won't be needing it for long. Wandering around in unfamiliar territory will get you killed because you will become a resource; do you think the locals are going to welcome you or that the trip west won't be like "The Road"

A real shtf event will divide the population into two types. Predators and prey. It's your choice. A hard rain's a gonna fall.....
edit on 28-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Neysa

my point being more open space with all the federal lands...
Of course in a Nasty SHTF no one is going anywhere as the transportation system will collapse too

I agree with your post and for people that think you will be more likely "to run into people" out here has never been out here. I can get lost here in Arizona and most likely NEVER see another person if I don't want to.

I got news for you also, if the super volcano goes off it will cover most all the country and change the weather so much the whole world will be affected. If Yellowstone blows I would still rather be in AZ. than east of it more.

People who don't live out here have no idea how desolate some of the lands are here. And if you live here and study and learn there are plenty of resources including water if you know where to look.

And as for getting here when the transportation is down & out........ I am already here and those that aren't are less I have to worry about.

edit on 6-8-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join