It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have p*ss*d me off!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We were sold a vision by our governments decades ago, the vision was peace, prosperity and freedom. All we had to do was be a part of it all and help our country succeed.

Well I have worked hard, I have been a part of building my community, helping others less fortunate but I am still waiting for the promised utopia.

I see wars, billions of our pounds being spent removing a few men from power, familys being ripped apart losing family members (adults and children) and we are told they should be grateful we are liberating them. Banks taking billions of pounds we didn't have because of stupid and reckless decisions which benefited only themselves.

Our elected officials fear the press more than the voters, they steal our money for personal luxuries then say they "did nothing wrong, we acted within the rules" (note to self - research who made the rules)

They waste billions of pounds on promotional material telling us how good they are and how lucky we are to live in such a developed and tolerant society, where both parents need to work full time just to survive, where kids are kept indoors through fear (and the xbox to be fair) of what 'could' happen if they venture out

food travels across the world only to arrive back here a few weeks later as packaged food of which around 50% will be wasted

This is about 5% of what makes me angry, I thought it was the onset of middle age and my kids raising my blood pressure but I just realised that I am so pissed at you, and you, yes and you. . . and me, and our grandparents. in fact i'm pissed at everyone for letting this *snip* happen.

We are told we have no choice but to follow the rules, we have no option to opt out, doesn't that make us property/slaves? Free will is a luxury afforded only to the compliant?

These decisions and actions are not made in my name and they are certainly not taken on my behalf so stop making me pay for them

Sorry for the incoherent rant, kids are off school on 6 weeks summer hols, it's day 3 today!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
yea let it all out buddy...

the faster you realize were taxed live stock the less it will hurt ...

yes we can blame every generation as the right we have....

but when we don't stand up now we are to blame for future generations who have to eat this same dillusional plate as were eating today ...

sucks sure....

maybe god , aleins , superhero , or mass extinction will save us?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

We are told we have no choice but to follow the rules, we have no option to opt out, doesn't that make us property/slaves? Free will is a luxury afforded only to the compliant?

I can hear my mothers voice "If they told you to jump off a bridge....."

Mum's are so wise.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

My mom always tells me that shi+!
But it is so damned true.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
yea let it all out buddy...

the faster you realize were taxed live stock the less it will hurt ...

yes we can blame every generation as the right we have....

but when we don't stand up now we are to blame for future generations who have to eat this same dillusional plate as were eating today ...

sucks sure....

We can save ourselves, but it won't happen because our "rescue" will be thwarted by our own human nature. and that faciful term is only another way of saying our animalistic urgings.

The rejection of materialism and the welcoming of the inmaterial is our only hope--I would say our only "salvation," but that implies a religious solution. What is out there and has always been out there in the ability for the human mind to escape beyond worldly artifacts and embrace true enlightenment.

Yes, it is a mystical word for many, smacking of religion, but it need not be so. You are conditiion to think along that line because religions have been tailored to cause you to believe such must be an aspect of a religion--their brand of religion. How silly such a position appears when you can advance yourself enough to look back and see that was a (another) method of escape for your spiritual side that payed no homage to a religious figure or paid in earnest in coin.

I simply suggest to start studying those things that are not of TPTB, things that are not worldly if you want this lost freedom that you feel. Because it is not found in a bigger paycheck or a more lax government. You have been so far removed from the truth of existence that you have no idea of where to begin your search for an understanding of yourself and all that is. It begins with learning to meditate.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by roomfor2

No need to apologise for such a worthy rant, I too am on day 3 of the 6 week break, and have already resorted to conjouring up a blog like diary of events surrounding my darling daughters toy, which is broken.

I somehow think, you have come up with a far more constructive way to channel the pain of the school holidays !

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Try not to let the world get you down. Yes, it is sometimes hard to be cheerful when there is so much injustice, cruelty and sheer idiocy running rife in the world. It's hard not to feel powerless against it at times. Try to make the world a brighter place where and when you can, but don't make the mistake of thinking you can shoulder the whole impossible burden of humankind. Our powers are limited as individuals and there is only so much we can do. But if we can avoid becoming the things we despise, then that is a hugely positive thing.

Also take solace from the fact that there must be more good people around than bad - otherwise, we'd already be gone.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Interesting. I was just having a conversation with someone about how my grandparents are expecting me to give them a great grandchild soon, and how my mother wants to be a grandmother. We spoke of how today's world doesn't seem to be the kind of world that we want to raise kids in. A number of the reasons echo the OP's.

We're all pissed off. Some of us silently, some of us verbally, and some of us vilolently.

The conversation went into philosophy, systems of government, economic policy and other areas. We picked them apart and found the cons in everything. She blamed her parents, because she never was asked if she wanted to exist.

Then she came up with a solution. All human beings will be made sterile as they are born. When they feel they want to bring a new life into the world, they must go before a panel and plead their case. If the panel feels they would make a good parent and raise the child to be a positive influence on society, they would be given back the ability to reproduce. I asked her what gives the panel the authority, she answered that she came up with the idea and hand picked the panel. I tell her that there will be much opposition to this and people will try to stop this "solution". Her reply?

"We'll kill them."

Not only are people pissed off, some of them are getting ruthless. At least in their heads.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Any of the above will do, I reckon it will take a near mass extinction for us humans to start making a different future for us and our planet.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

It's horrible, I spent years saying I wasn't gonna be like my parents. . . Then I had kids and the inevitable happened lol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Since 9/11 the integrity in the system has been cut and left to bleed out to dry. Sort this mess out and it will start to restore a sense of morality and civility back into the system. With the leadership failing so horrifically it is only natural that the rest of the nation will follow unless addressed, resolved and integrity is restored.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskirovka
Try not to let the world get you down. Yes, it is sometimes hard to be cheerful when there is so much injustice, cruelty and sheer idiocy running rife in the world. It's hard not to feel powerless against it at times. Try to make the world a brighter place where and when you can, but don't make the mistake of thinking you can shoulder the whole impossible burden of humankind. Our powers are limited as individuals and there is only so much we can do. But if we can avoid becoming the things we despise, then that is a hugely positive thing.

Also take solace from the fact that there must be more good people around than bad - otherwise, we'd already be gone.

I'm really a very positive person. Unfortunately, I also really enjoy moaning (it's an age thing) so it's a constant battle as to which one is winning.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
the only thing in this thread that bothered me

was those with the idea that getting to spend 6 weeks with their children is "torture".........

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
the only thing in this thread that bothered me

was those with the idea that getting to spend 6 weeks with their children is "torture".........

I've have had a look over the thread and can't find that anywhere, could you point it out for me.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by roomfor2

it wasn't said directly, it was implied
my mistake for not being more specific
and no I won't call anyone out on the point
I didn't mean to be argumentive and won't participate in one.

My apologies to anyone who was offended.

I look forward to summer breaks. I enjoy every minute with my kids.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join