It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Urgent Warning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by perrolococz

Hi perrolococz -

In all actuality, the Federal Reserve was only founded in 1913, less than a hundred years ago, and as such less than half the age of the US), and legal tender laws/completely fiat (non-commodity backed) currencies only since Nixon.

Ron's not talking about new ideas here, he's talking about the oldest ideas. First came barter, then came commodity-backed currencies. Every fiat currency throughout history has imploded, due to a natural inclination of leaders to abuse such - as there are no limitations on fiat currencies since they can be made up at will - and the empires based on them have collapsed...as ours is now.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

heh @ lonewolf19792000 -

I actually had the same thought back during the run-up to 2008 election, actually. It's a weird conflux of events and contradictions of expectations that would seem to make him the perfect candidate for such.

Until some obvious indicator beyond my own natural paranoia crops up, though, he is in my opinion definitely the best option available. Now, if he were only 20+ years younger and a hot chick, we'd be good to go nationally....

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Thank you! I was just getting ready to reply to kro32 and found that you had done so, and much better than I would have.

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People.
Ratified 12/15/1791.
The powers not delegated to the United States
by the Constitution, nor prohibited
by it to the States, are reserved to the
States respectively, or to the people.

I believe that is what Ron Paul believes to be best for the country. And it is in the Constitution, so I don't know why anyone could possibly argue that it is not what we should be doing. We all know it is FAR from today's reality, however.

Well met, sister, and glad to help. I've been out for awhile and trying to catch up on things, so think will get back to Kro's response directly tomorrow after I sober/rest up.

I agree with what you say here, but despite the fact that I disagree with their reasoning and understanding of certain things, I *do* understand where such people are coming from. I feel it to be completely contrary to supposed american views as being the land of the free and the home of the brave, as such opinions seem to be based in desires for control and motivated by fear, but I can understand the fears and their intents.

HOWEVER, despite the fact that our leaders often disregard such, there are already provisions for amendment of the constitution that must legally be met to allow these things. If enough people agree with Kro's opinions, then they need to either push congress for amendments to the contract, or need to organize for a constitutional convention amongst the states to get things changed accordingly.

Anyhow, I'm losing my train of thought here and am afraid I may be rambling, so I'll leave it at that. Keep up the good fight and I should be back on ATS sometime this weekend. Take care and god bless - live fearless and free!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

Bush was not a native Texan, he was born in the North East, he just likes to say he is Texan lol Ron needs to stay where he is... wait... I actually think I agree, he does need to move...to the White House!!! I love that he puts it out there with no sugary topping, the good the bad and the ugly! He says it like it is and offers solutions... Big Gov is scared of him and should be.... Y'all sould be glad he is Texan... If he can motivate Texas to lead the charge we will come out "guns a blazin"!!! Revolution is just a spark away & right now it is so hot here (110 degrees today) a spark will quickly turn into an inferno!!! Ron Paul is in my area and a "friend" on Facebook.... HE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT AND WILL NOT JUDGE US FOR THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX, HE SUPPORTS US AND WELCOMES CHANGE!!! If you don't like change get ready, if you don't like change for the better... GET LOST!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I gotta tell you hes my guy for 2012 he tells it straight up and makes good points. and he actually looks somewhat intelligent

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Hey Kro, sorry for the delayed response.

Granted, in the past when there was an established history of officially-sanctioned slavery (yes, even allowed at the federal level) and racial prejudice, the states would of course have had some stupid laws on the books. However, as society was progressing, I have no doubt the civil-rights movement would have occurred and resolved this regardless.

To counter, though, I would also request that you think about this logically for a moment and look at the horrendous history of atrocities and laws carried out on the federal level. They've wasted hundreds of billions of dollars trying to centrally-manage drug laws to no effect other than ruining likely hundreds of thousands of lives (at the least) and actually compounding the problem, as well as negatively impacting public education on a national level. Their tinkering in the housing markets with aid of the Federal Reserve is directly implicated in the 2008 crash and our current economic situation.

As far as standards for pollution and the like, and corporations bribing officials - please tell me you're kidding here. That this is exactly what's happening now, except less effort is required as there are fewer people to bribe, and it's happening on a national level. There is an ongoing revolving-door situation between corporations and federal regulatory agencies, which also kills innovation and competition in the markets as these corporations bribe or otherwise buy off the regulatory agencies, causing them to introduce legislation that only impacts small/new competitors, all the while turning a blind eye to any offense by said corporations if not simply gaming the system to benefit them directly otherwise. Then, in turn, people from these 'regulatory' agencies are rewarded with plush jobs in these same corporations, while former members of the corporations go work for the agencies that regulate them! With the interactions between government and big corporations at this point, we're very close to an actual situation of fascism, and could more or less already be considered an established corporatocracy.

Additionally, as far as your concern with states setting their own standards - as an extension of the above we have an even stranger problem. Sometimes states like to set certain standards, and then the federal agencies issue their own LESS-STRICT guidelines, which then by extension trump the more stringent states' requirements and glad-hand the corporations. Everything you're afraid of is already happening, except it's being done nationally with governmental blessing, and the states don't have a chance to counteract on a local level.

As far as the court system getting clogged up, easy enough. Introduce legislation to remove authority from federal courts to hear cases on issues that the federal government has no jurisdiction to handle under the constitution - require the states to sort it out for themselves. Ron Paul has already introduced such legislation for certain issues. Additionally, the Supreme Court REGULARLY refuses to hear all sorts of cases. Non-issue.

As far as the disappearance of civil rights? Of course not. I'm not familiar with David Duke's political views and aims (and otherwise could care less about his personal feelings as long as he deals appropriately in the political realm), but I have more than enough faith in my fellow americans to reject any such attempts in this day and age. It would effectively be political suicide to try to introduce any sort of racial prejudice on a legislative level, and business suicide for any company trying to actively discriminate as well in the modern era. And at the least, if such businesses somehow managed to find enough bigoted or uncaring customers to remain in business (which I doubt), it would be very handy for me to know which companies I would no longer want to give MY personal business to.

Regardless of all this, the US Federal government simply does not have authority to do what they are doing, and they swore oaths. In doing so, they limit our liberties and ruin our lives, and are far-enough removed from us that it is near impossible for us to redress these grievances (if you'll recall, this was one of the problems that led to the Revolutionary War, as well). As such, they are oathbreakers en masse and men of little honor, since they regularly violate their contract with the people by their actions and allowances - and us allowing it has driven this nation to the edge. They overreach, and this needs to be corrected - and I truly believe doing so could once again return us to being free and brave, instead of willfully controlled and too afraid to trust in ourselves and one another.

Take care.
edit on 8/6/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In perhaps the second post after the OP, I saw someone saying, "Go Ron Paul! He will save us! He is the only one who can turn this country back towards liberty!"

This, right here, is a prime example of the reason why Americans are losing their freedom.

You don't believe in your own power, as individuals. You don't believe that as ordinary people, you have the ability or authorisation to do anything on your own, without government intervention. You need a President to save you; and the idea of *not* relying on a President as a father figure, even one with the apparent degree of integrity of Paul, is utterly alien and incomprehensible to you. It simply doesn't compute. You don't believe that you are capable of being or doing anything at all, without the state.

With that sort of attitude, you can forget about freedom. You might as well not even mention the word, or think about it...although, there's a deeper problem there, as well.

You don't want freedom, America. Most of us don't. There are a very small number of us who do; they're the ones who you hear about being part of the organic farming movement. Ron Paul makes the assumption in that video that the majority of people want freedom; unfortunately, in said assumption, he is very gravely mistaken.

We want to be able to keep sitting in front of the monitor or television and watching the latest "reality" (God, what a sick joke it is that that word is applied in that context) garbage, or lolcats on YouTube, while shovelling nutritionally devoid, genetically engineered junk food into our mouths.

Why? Because we think that path is safe. We think that path means that we don't have to think; and more than anything else, the one thing we will crawl over broken glass to avoid, is having to think.

We are a race of degenerate infants. We care more about safety and "protection," at this point than literally anything else, and we are willing to trade anything we can for the illusion of it. Take our freedom, take our privacy, take our ability to set foot outside our front doors without being bashed or arrested and dragged away to be tortured or thrown in solitary without trial by the police; but please, God, let us only feel safe! Protect us from the terrorists, protect us from Islam, protect us from any number of other threats and bogeymen which exist solely as either state sponsored false flag attacks, or purely inside our own heads.

We will not have freedom. Not while we are in our present state. We do not deserve it.

Ron Paul will not save you, America. The one thing you do not realise, and refuse to accept, is that *you* must save *yourselves.*

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Khurzon

I think most of the people we elect are good, if only they keep sight of a few human principles...

Are you for REAL???

There is EVIL in this world and it walks on two feet. I learned that at an early age when my brother tried to kill me on three separate occasions. When that did not work he beat the crap out of me when my parents were not looking. He is eight years older and 6'6"

Guess what? He is now the President and CEO of a big Corporation!

The sociopaths rise to the top because they do not care WHO they stomp in the ground to get there. They have no morals or ethics just "Street smarts" and a mask. Their goals are MONEY and POWER.

"Sweetness and Light" are masks they hide behind and they are very good at hiding because they are usually of above average intelligence. (Brother's is over 200) My parents were completely unaware of my brother's true character to their dying days.

I have since run into several others of his ilk. Many have charisma and are popular, but they are USERS and see people as things to be used and their charisma as a tool.

Please note I am not religious but even I can recognize pure EVIL when it slaps me up side the head. (Brother dear has "Assisted" several relatives into their grave a few days after writing a will leaving everything to him, my last count was seven including his own Father.)

Appearently you only read the first half of that sentence...
The prayer/meditation I added afterwards is the kind of positive thinking that might possibly save people like your brother if you can truly learn to love unconditionaly enough to think it...
After all, all possibilities first require thought in order to come into being.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
wow nice job. gave u some stars

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join