It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Urgent Warning

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

Further more, if you read on Ron Paul, he does not want to abolish taxes. He wants to abolish the IRS (Unlawful anyways) and resort to a flat/fair tax. All will pay, all will pay the same percentage amount.

edit on 28-7-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ron Paul is what America needs,and a nation of people that actually care about what their government is doing to itself and the rest of the world...

edit on 28-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
check my signature line, if anyone wants the same one let me know.....

Ron PAUL!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ron Paul is an old gadfly of a politician. He's been around for ever. He's been running for President forever first as Libertarian then as a Republican and not getting anywhere for ever.

I like the guy he is personable and all. But his Austrian school economics just doesn't make a lot of sense but more to the point it just doesn't work in the context of a global economy which, like it or not, is the economy we live in.

Avoid the boy Rand, he is something of an arrogant asshole to say the least. Rand is a big shot Doctor now a Senator from Kentucky but consistently unbearable. I feel sorry for his past patients.

But have up and have fun with Paul if he's to your taste as apparently he is for most of you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm not a US citizen.

I like what Ron Paul represents.
He speaks so rightfully against what the Elite's modus operandi is about, that one might wonder how can he still be alive.

Unless, he fnord fnord fnord, so that we all would fnord and fnord fnord fnord. That's why I fnord fnord fnord fnord .

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Send it my way, I'm usually not into advertising for politicians, but Dr. Paul is more a LEADER than a politician. PM or post it here, keep in mind I'm fairly ignorant about using signatures.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by the owlbear

I disagree. THE PEOPLE are our only chance to steer this country toward liberty.

I think the answer is both... we need an honest leader like Ron, but unfortunately the elections are (obviously) rigged to favor chosen candidates.

We need to put the whole country ON STRIKE until Ron Paul is put into power.

It may sound impossible at first - An American Coup - but no true change of power comes without a real show of force from the people.

Okay, right there it is...whole country go on strike? Paul is antiunion and pro corporate do what thou wilt. Striking is a concept that many fought and died for. I agree with Paul when it comes to personal freedom and abandoning the military industrial complex, but he is way off base when it comes to workplace rights.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

... I agree with Paul when it comes to personal freedom and abandoning the military industrial complex, but he is way off base when it comes to workplace rights.

What about Dr. Paul's position or voting record do you disagree with regarding employee rights?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

... I agree with Paul when it comes to personal freedom and abandoning the military industrial complex, but he is way off base when it comes to workplace rights.

What about Dr. Paul's position or voting record do you disagree with regarding employee rights?

Let's just leave it at that. And agree on the middle ground. I don't need to be converted or have an e-meter reading to gauge my liberty index.
edit on 28-7-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Please pm me the sig

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by ontarff

Further more, if you read on Ron Paul, he does not want to abolish taxes. He wants to abolish the IRS (Unlawful anyways) and resort to a flat/fair tax. All will pay, all will pay the same percentage amount.

15% tax on a purchase of $100 is more of a pinch to a family that makes less than $100,000 than it is to a family that makes $10 million. Sounds fair to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I want one! I have no clue how to add those things, lol...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

reply to post by ontarff

15% tax on a purchase of $100 is more of a pinch to a family that makes less than $100,000 than it is to a family that makes $10 million. Sounds fair to me.

There's way more to the Fair Tax Act than that.
www.fairtax.org...

The FairTax plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes with an integrated approach including a progressive national retail sales tax, a prebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level, dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality, and, through companion legislation, the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

How does the FairTax protect low-income and lower-middle-income families and individuals?

Under the FairTax Plan, poor people pay no net FairTax at all up to the poverty level! Every household receives a rebate that is equal to the FairTax paid on essential goods and services, and wage earners are no longer subject to the most regressive and burdensome tax of all, the payroll tax. Those spending at twice the poverty level pay a tax of only 11.5 percent -- a rate much lower than the income and payroll tax burden they bear today.

In contrast, the FairTax dramatically improves economic growth and wage rates for all, but especially for lower-income families and individuals. In addition to receiving the monthly FairTax prebate, these taxpayers are freed from regressive payroll taxes, the federal income tax, and the compliance burdens associated with each. They pay no more business taxes hidden in the price of goods and services, and used goods are tax free.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am a Canadian and I like Ron Paul too. Too bad the MSM has labeled him as a fringe kook.He has been saying this for a long time...And still people won't listen. I'm afraid for my U.S. friends it's going to take the events that he predicts to happen before he gets any real credibility... I hope I am so wrong on that....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

Originally posted by the owlbear

reply to post by ontarff

There's way more to the Fair Tax Act than that.
www.fairtax.org...

The FairTax plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes with an integrated approach including a progressive national retail sales tax, a prebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level, dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality, and, through companion legislation, the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

How does the FairTax protect low-income and lower-middle-income families and individuals?

Under the FairTax Plan, poor people pay no net FairTax at all up to the poverty level! Every household receives a rebate that is equal to the FairTax paid on essential goods and services, and wage earners are no longer subject to the most regressive and burdensome tax of all, the payroll tax. Those spending at twice the poverty level pay a tax of only 11.5 percent -- a rate much lower than the income and payroll tax burden they bear today.

In contrast, the FairTax dramatically improves economic growth and wage rates for all, but especially for lower-income families and individuals. In addition to receiving the monthly FairTax prebate, these taxpayers are freed from regressive payroll taxes, the federal income tax, and the compliance burdens associated with each. They pay no more business taxes hidden in the price of goods and services, and used goods are tax free.

And you blindly trust that this is what would be passed if ever a "fair tax" came to a vote? Sorry, but it will never happen due to the fact that those who pay no tax, never will and will pay their frat buddies, family friends, etc., to keep this status quo. Take a look at your ledger and ask yourself whose interests these people have in mind.
Or it is how my old man used to put it "you can want in one hand, and # in the other, see which one gets full first"
edit on 28-7-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am a Libertarian, and in the past I have made the mistake of omitting Ron Paul from who I might vote for based on the fact he had no chance. I am sorry, after reading up on him and seeing the field so far for 2012 I know who I would vote for. It's just sad that people don't see what a game our political system is, "freedom" only exists now in the sense that we don't have it as bad as the communists. Sad but true, at least in China and Cuba they know what the deal is, here we have swindlers in suits making deals behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I want nothing more than to see Ron Paul in the Oval Office, but I fear that the corporations won't let that happen. They'll flood the campaign with money, enough to make Obama's 1.2 billion look small by comparison. Or they'll just exclude him from the debates, won't be the first time a viable candidate was denied his place by the media masters.

There is no way they want the gravy train derailed, they're making way too much money.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I want nothing more than to see Ron Paul in the Oval Office, but I fear that the corporations won't let that happen. They'll flood the campaign with money, enough to make Obama's 1.2 billion look small by comparison. Or they'll just exclude him from the debates, won't be the first time a viable candidate was denied his place by the media masters.

There is no way they want the gravy train derailed, they're making way too much money.

He is the voice of DEREGULATION. Got some turds in the chili, hey, caveat emptor. People just won't buy that brand, and then the rest relax standards, cuz they can and more turds. The people that are afraid of the guy are the banking/investment sector.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I am just so incredibly grateful to the FDA for those yummy GMO's.
www.naturalnews.com...

I personally can't wait to NOT be able to purchase vitamins and minerals.
www.naturalnews.com...

My old car just loves ethanol.
And, beware using it in any small engines
www.msnbc.msn.com...

And there's a lot of small farmers who can't wait to have to obtain commercial drivers licenses to drive their tractors:

www.kansascity.com...

Farmer Dane Sanders, 30, who grows cotton and wheat in the northern Texas Panhandle town of Floydada, said any regulation that might require farmers to get commercial driver's licenses to operate their equipment would raise his costs.
out.html

We would have to hire additional employees just so we could abide by the amount of hours" that limit how long commercial drivers can work, he said. During peak harvesting season, farm employees often work long hours.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b407a167fbfb.jpg[/atsimg]

“We lose our liberties and we lose our prosperity and all of a sudden, we’ve become a debtor nation and we’re indebted to a country that we had ridiculed for years and a bunch of communists in China. What are they doing? They’re working hard, saving their money; they’re buying up natural resources in Afghanistan. At the same time, we get poorer and we are in these endless wars, and it’s all due I think to a flawed philosophy of government and the importance of individual freedom,” says Rep. Paul.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

reply to post by ontarff

Wrong! He wants to abolish income taxes period. Income taxes are theft. He did out forth a hypothetical on a flat tax once to get people to think but if you really do read him he wants to do away with taxes.

On November 20, 2008 Ron Paul said in a New York Times / Freakonomics interview:

“I want to abolish the income tax, but I don’t want to replace it with anything. About 45 percent of all federal revenue comes from the personal income tax. That means that about 55 percent — over half of all revenue — comes from other sources, like excise taxes, fees, and corporate taxes.

We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990s. We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better.” www.ronpaul.com...

edit on 29-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join