It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn rocking back and forth?? What if CW Leonis were really Nibiru? Link inside.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why do these threads keep popping up?!

Seriously, if there was a celestial body the size of the moon or bigger *inside* the solar system, we would have seen it already. Or detected otherwise.

I don't understand what is with these people. Yes I know, it would be "cool" or "fascinating" (depending on whether you are a Hippie or Spock) if there was a big-a** space rock coming our way, but you've been keeping on saying this for years, "predicting" it would come this year, then the other year, then the next, etc. Don't you see it is a huge waste of time and energy clinging to these "predictions" or is this wish of yours to go on with it a glimpse of your self-destructive nature?

edit on 27/7/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

That paper does not look like it has been published. It appears to be a paper that was written and that is all.

Here is a commentary on the paper:
Comet 2010 X1 Elenin, Earthquakes, Astronomical Alignments and Mensur Omerbashich

The paper purports to show that astronomical alignments, particularly that of Elenin, are the proximal cause of earthquakes of magnitude 6 or stronger. To save you time before you read the paper and my critique of it, I’ll give you a short and long summary.

Short Summary: It’s nonsense on stilts.

Longer Summary: A sloppy paper which presents incorrect data. It ignores basic information on comets, basic physics and its “evidence” is drawing lines thorough planets.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Longer Summary: A sloppy paper which presents incorrect data. It ignores basic information on comets, basic physics and its “evidence” is drawing lines thorough planets.

The best part is right at the beginning: "Gravity doesn't exist. It's magnetism."

Yeah, big honkin space magnets!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You said we'd see it if it were here and that is what he is claiming is that he is seeing it. I am here to discuss if this is true or not. I think we have established that he could be misinterpreting the data from his telescope, but have no corroborating data or proof that this is the case, so it still is an open case. Unless of course you have some pics of Saturn showing correct orientation to stellarium.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

There is an awakening field of researchers that do not believe current models properly address comets and their properties, so to me it is a he said/she said kind of argument. You just keep saying everything is garbage yet we don't have anything else to go on. I keep looking for real pics, and the only pics I keep seeing are from amateur astronomers. We had pics of Hale-Bopp a full year before perihelion. Maybe if there was more actual fact to go through, we could dismiss conjecture.

Anyway, we will definately know much more in a few days when soho gets on the case.
edit on 27-7-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

1. The pioneer anomaly is a subtle but measurable force, ie change in acceleration, as if there is a change in the gravitational force. This has been seen with other probes and is always TOWARDS THE SUN. It has nothing to do with magnetism and is not in the direction indicated by the drawing.

The "Pioneer Anomaly" was always one of my favorite examples of mysterious phenomena that I accepted as completely mysterious. Sadly, someone seems to have cracked it:

www.spacemart.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

There is an awakening field of researchers that do not believe current models properly address comets and their properties, so to me it is a he said/she said kind of argument. You just keep saying everything is garbage yet we don't have anything else to go on. I keep looking for real pics, and the only pics I keep seeing are from amateur astronomers. We had pics of Hale-Bopp a full year before perihelion. Maybe if there was more actual fact to go through, we could dismiss conjecture.

The people who do not believe current models properly address comets and their properties generally ascribe properties to comets that they do not have. Photographs taken by amateur astronomers are real photographs. In fact, they are reassuringly democratic. Hale-Bopp was a much, much larger comet than C2010X-1, which is why it was observed longer and the photos were more satisfying. Remember all the theories that there was a spaceship following Hale-Bopp? Does any of this sound familiar? One group of people were so convinced that a spaceship was coming to take them to the next plane that they committed mass suicide. Google "Heaven's Gate Cult," and you'll understand why some of us are being so pro-active this time.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Somebody seems to think it may be one of the Great Comets. He even calls it one of the most eagerly awaited comets in recent years. If it is so eagerly awaited why does everyone keep calling it insignificant? If it has potential to be a Great Comet why is it being disregarded? Who is this man? Alan Hale
spaceobs.org...

Here is a NASA search on Hale-Bopp for pics:

www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a search on NASA for Elenin pics:
NOTHING, not 1

Something stinks.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks OP for that fabulous link to the earthquakes. It's so rare these days to see anything of actual local interest explaining phenomena that we all see. Censorship and the propoganda machine are out of control IMO.

I'm going to be taking a long hard look at that sector of space described in the original article you presented. It would be a trip if our binary had been in plain sight all along!

BTB (by the by) when I was getting ready to send my first post to your thread all the power went off here and that has come to be an indication that I'm pointed in the right direction on the hunt.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Please show me anything factual in the paper. Where is there anything at all factual?

This is a paper you have brought here to discuss and you've made no effort at all to support any of the claims made in the paper.

I have shown a number of important points in the paper that are false. I have shown how to pick out obvious hoaxes such as this.

The onus is on you support the claims.

Let's start with the simple issue of where this Nibiru is supposed to be. Can you figure out if it is inside or outside of the orbit of Venus?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

BTB (by the by) when I was getting ready to send my first post to your thread all the power went off here and that has come to be an indication that I'm pointed in the right direction on the hunt.

And this shows what I meant with my post above.

Seriously, do you REALLY think, that, oh I don't know, the city management, or the CIA or NASA decided to cut the electricity because YOU were about to post here? Really now?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Please show me anything factual in the paper. Where is there anything at all factual?

That's because it's not a paper - it's a bunch of screenshots from some website, poorly written and filled with inconsistencies. My eyes are hurting - I can't believe I wasted a good 10 minutes of my life on that drivel.
edit on 27/7/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That is such a real find. The Pioneer Anomaly is wonderful. It is real unlike these obvious hoaxes such as Nibiru.

Anyone that has fallen for this ludicrous paper on Nibiru should read this article DJW001 has brought to light. Here is a mystery, a real mystery, that has been studied for decades. A solution is to published in a peer-reviewed journal. This means that the material is being studied and checked by many eyes before it gets published. That does not guarantee its correctness, but does prevent more obvious mistakes from happening.

Another point to make is that:

The mystery contributed in other ways to modern science by stimulating work on the fundamental principles that govern the physics of objects in space, and in testing how gravity - as described by both Newton's Law of Gravity and Einstein's Theory of General Relativity - behaves in our solar system.

Yes, there is gravity. It works as predicted.

Thanks for that great find DJW001!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This discussion clearly shows how incredibly inaccurate the information in the so called paper is.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It seems to me that the data they found was very inconclusive to say the least:

arxiv.org...

although the direction of the acceleration remains imprecisely determined, we find no support in favor of a Sun-pointing direction over the Earth-pointing or along the spin-axis directions

And you can read through the comments here proposing that the suns heat would counteract any heat on the opposing side.

It remains unproven to me anyway.
edit on 27-7-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Soooo..

Is Saturn being tilted or not? Apparently, we won't have much longer to wait if Elenin is the harbinger of this thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So now we have that I need to take your word for it that they are interpreting the view of Saturn wrong in their telescope without opposing pics to prove it is in the right orientation, and that venting in the vacuum of space from heat radiation is the cause of the Pioneer anomaly. Both sides still stand equal in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The idea that it could be a so-called great comet was based on early expectations. Those expectations were based on early observations and hope. It didn't take long for people to realize that:

Unfortunately, the news thus far for Comet Elenin is not especially good; it is already running somewhat behind the original expectations, and the distinctly diffuse and uncondensed appearance it is currently exhibiting visually is also not a good sign. Furthermore, calculations now clearly show that Comet Elenin is making its first visit to the inner solar system from the Oort Cloud, and such comets quite often tend to appear relatively bright when far from the sun but under-perform as they approach and pass through perihelion. (The most famous, or infamous, example is Comet Kohoutek 1973f (no. 10), but compared to some Oort Cloud comets even it did not perform all that poorly.)

One of the first programs to plot the stars was a program written in APL and run on mainframes. It printed the star charts using an IBM Selectric typeball. The program did include the positions of Kohoutek.

Not sure if this is the same Hale
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by luxordelphi

And this shows what I meant with my post above.

Seriously, do you REALLY think, that, oh I don't know, the city management, or the CIA or NASA decided to cut the electricity because YOU were about to post here? Really now?

I see that you're not an Ian Fleming fan, "...once is chance; twice is coincidence; three times is enemy action..." or something like that. I'm still waiting to hear about the 3-dimensional perspective from which Saturn was viewed to get those tilts. Stellarium was from earth ( my clue was the lawn and trees in the foreground) and the amateur telescope was from earth. So what...did he have the telescope upside down? Was he looking through the wrong end?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One easy experiment would solve this issue. If we can get a current IR picture of CW Leonis and use the same mathematics on it, if it were closer, it would seem larger right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join