It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question that I realy need to ask.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
First of all,I'm not sure this is the right place,and in advance i'm sorry.

But the question I really would love to know, is it possible that these small earthquake swarms and small readings are induced or a false flag events because of underground tunneling?

Its a well known fact that in the early days allot of underground tunnels where build for military transport.

So could these earthquake readings be artificial ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've wandered if the hum I always hear was underground tunneling...
edit on 27-7-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think some of the small EQs in Texas are man made from shale drilling

Most of the others, I dunno.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A tunnel boaring machine doesn't actually cause that much vibration.. Well not as much as an earthquake anyway..
The equipment that detect earthquakes is fairly sensitive and I'm sure It could detect the difference between an eq and man made vibrations..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Okay, I understand but sound-waves increase in hertz over the distance it travels right ? I mean the pitch or how you want to call it. So if the tunneling would be happening really deep in the earth crust wouldn't that give false readings ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
First of all,I'm not sure this is the right place,and in advance i'm sorry.

But the question I really would love to know, is it possible that these small earthquake swarms and small readings are induced or a false flag events because of underground tunneling?

Its a well known fact that in the early days allot of underground tunnels where build for military transport.

So could these earthquake readings be artificial ?

Here is the quickest description of what this is:

Take a balloon and fill it with room temperature liquid.
Coat it with a thick layer of mud/clay
Let it dry
Now heat the whole thing up- even a couple of degrees.
It expands, mud cracks, gasses are released from the mud/clay, the coating shifts, etc

The balloon is our earth.

This was a possible scenario that a phd related to me one day when we were discussing climate change around 2003. Now I see these constant micro-quakes and swarms and the methane that is being released in various places and the picture is very clear. Unfortunately the methane release is just adding to the problem.
I expect we will end up with volcanic eruptions increasing as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Well these small quakes have been happening since we've started recording them so that's an awful lot of tunnels being carved out over all the many decades.

Simple answer is no they are just natural events.

new topics

top topics

join