It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foul-Mouthed Man Arrested For "Swearing In A Park" In Surreal Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Well according to this the offensive language has to be targeted at another individual in an effort to induce harm or provoke them. Besides, what is classified as offensive language? that law is not specific enough. Some people are not offended by words.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loneranger26

Police are only required to read Miranda rights if interrogation will be conducted.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loneranger26

en.wikipedia.org...
That is true, but the problem is that he was not in custody, at the time of this video, and there for the police did not have to Mirandize him. Now should he had been in the custody of the police, say the handcuffs were on him, and he was sitting in the back of the police cruiser, then yes, they do have to, but up until that time, every thing pretty much is fair game on the part of the police to use and record everything, from the time that they get there to the time that the person is booked and placed in a cell against him.
This was upheld in the United States V. Patane, 2004 where information that was gotten before the Miranda warning was given was admissible in court. en.wikipedia.org...
And in some jurisdictions, a detention differs than arrest, but any and all of the person’s statements, things said to the police are generally admissible in court, even during the course of an arrest.
So the statement that was made in my post is correct, he has the right to remain silent, but lacks the capacity to use it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So swearing in a park is now an offense? How long will it take untill you're banned from public if you have an ugly mug like me?
Interestingly enough this guy knows his rights and is attempting to avoid the whole thing and defend himself. Many people say how we should rise up against facist police. Thing is that if you're alone and do it like he did, it wont end well. I hope these cops get the boot and charged with assault.

source:

Via:
PINAC

Sadly i am agreeing with the police on this one

Many people say how we should rise up against facist police.

Funny for someone who believes the mainstream propaganda on Syria hyping for the war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join