It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foul-Mouthed Man Arrested For "Swearing In A Park" In Surreal Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So swearing in a park is now an offense? How long will it take untill you're banned from public if you have an ugly mug like me?
Interestingly enough this guy knows his rights and is attempting to avoid the whole thing and defend himself. Many people say how we should rise up against facist police. Thing is that if you're alone and do it like he did, it wont end well. I hope these cops get the boot and charged with assault.

source:

Via:
PINAC

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe that being offencive in a public setting is classed as anti social behaviour idk, but talk about
over-reacting. They only look like a couple of renta cops anyway. Ill chalk this up to the man being a bit dumb
a quick yes sir no sir and that would have been the end of it, Some cop's like to get there power kicks, that's why they
join the force in the first place. I look at it like this do i want to spend time at a police station or enjoy the rest of the day?
sad but that is the option presented, rant later when the "cops" have gone.
This shows immaturity by both parties

Oh and thanks for the thread op

edit on 27-7-2011 by saphic because: to add thanx

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What an angry dude - he didn't exactly help his situation. Idiot.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
White, black, brown or blue...I don't see any skin color here.

I see a man standing up for his rights and those same rights for everyone. I almost shed a tear...It makes me proud and hopeful that someone stood up against the tyrannical police state that is developing.

What's wrong is wrong...period.

edit on 27-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yea i think he forgot the reason he was there...
Relaxin = fail lol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Legally, the cops can argue they were their for a complaint and had to remove him, he refused and they tried to remove him physically and failed.
The people could of all handled this better, but the cops should of been the cooler heads in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just like watching an episode from Trailer Park Boys. Loud stupid drunks and pathetic police.
They actually needed 3 officers to bring this guy to the ground. Haha.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by saphic

Thing is that we get more and more information about police brutality and corruption every day. Noone respects cops anymore. How would you then react if you were to placed under arrest for swearing? He didn't do any favours for himself but isn't it infact legal to defend yourself against assault in US even if the criminals are cops?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yea... what I saw was cops answering some sort of complaint that went against the rules of the park. If the rules state that offensive language is cause for removal then the cops were just doing their job. Maybe someone should protest the rules of the park. The perp was overreacting and pushing and yelling at the cops. As well as the girl. They were told repeatedly to calm down and leave until the cops had enough and he was no longer free to go. They had no respect for authority or rules. People don't like to hear that but authority and rules are in place for a reason.
edit on 27-7-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They should start giving ASBO's out to people

lol, that'll show em.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yeah except that they dont have any right to arrest you for being rude. He was trying to leave the park but the cops stopped him. The cops are 100% in the wrong in this all the way. Even if you might not like the guy and how he handles the situation. I cant quarantee that in a similar scenario I would act any different.
edit on 27/7/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Yeah except that they dont have any right to arrest you for being rude. He was trying to leave the park but the cops stopped him. The cops are 100% in the wrong in this all the way. Even if you might not like the guy and how he handles the situation. I cant quarantee that in a similar scenario I would act any different.

Moi

Are you an expert on US law? It says you are in Suomi on your location setting.

Can you link me to your lawyer credentials?

Moikka

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If I was that black dude I would of jack booted those two pussy cops when they were bent down.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

From the video it appeared as they were attempting to remove him from the park. (When they were reading to him that offensive language is cause for removal. They were not attempting to arrest him until he got out of hand by yelling, pushing, and cursing at the cops. Then he was arrested for resisting and improper public conduct. These are things that the cops have every right to do. The guy CLEARLY escalated the situation until the cops had no choice but to diffuse it. So, no the cops were not 100% wrong here. Maybe 10% wrong, if that.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What a joke. I love how the park cop at the end was trying to provide witness testimony to the city cop when he wasn't even there. Hilarious.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Looks like a clear case of self important dick heads shouting and bawling ruining an afternoon in the park for everyone else.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There should be a volunteer Internal Affairs squad of some sort. People that are well versed in proper policing-related procedures. They should be everywhere and not easily identifiable, so as not to allow cops to act differently when they know one is around. They will be there to witness exactly what the hell the police do in almost every situation. They will have instant access to the applicable laws and regulations. They will be able to record everything discreetly, and immediately upload it to the web edit-free.

Bone up on your laws and police procedure people. This squad is every single one of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah i see your point, but i have been arrested before for being drunk and disordaly i didn't think i was either but the cops did but because i was under the influence the cops automaticly have the right to legally process me. It suck's but if you stay calm and don't fight them when you are in the wrong then then things will probibaly go smoother.
About the police brutality i have seen on the web some of that stuff is straight up wrong and something needs to be done at a govermental level not by fighting with cops on the street as they are trained to hurt you if needed.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They were not attempting to arrest him until he got out of hand by yelling, pushing, and cursing at the cops.

TWO cops had their hands all over this guy before he was informed what the problem was and before they even mentioned he was arrested.

I dunno about you all but me? ANYONE puts their hands on me before telling me EXACTLY why, AND, without having a legal cause? I'll keep walking and pushing thier arms away from touching me and laying hands on me too. And yes I would keep yelling at the top of my voice 'WHAT FOR!' also!!!

This young man tried. Hard. He STOOD UP FOR HIS RIGHTS and only later did he fall into 'man hysteria' (yelling and cursing while trying to process the pain and fear of injustice).

It's good to see young men and women not just knuckle under without standing up for themselves. Two less sheeple in the world tonight! Amen!

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

And the police didn't actually help the situation either, he was going to walk away but they blocked him. They made the situation worse that it would have probably been. If they had simply let the dude and the female walk away,.

What was the Female charged with any know?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join