It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Cemetary Officials Still Preventing Christian Prayer at the Funerals of Military Veterans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think the only story here is the honorable John Culberson of Texas is an idiot.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by acmpnsfal

Forgot to add if the govt is paying for it than you should not be allowed to do those things.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

And why is that? Have you actually read the 1st Amendment? Here is the relevant text:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

That clause isn't about the words God or Jesus or Allah. It's about creating laws specifically related to benefitting or abridging religion. Which has zero to do with families who want to pray, or bow, or dance widdershins if they freaking want to so they can lay their family at rest in a manner that brings them peace.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I am a Christian Deist.

And i would find it offensive if a organized church tried to push there agenda at my funeral,

The only people i find more offensive are those idiots at Westboro Baptist Church.

I don't plan on a viewing or a full blown funeral, but rather a celebration of life for people that cared to know me.
Services will be military with cremation

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Here is the truth of the issue:
thinkprogress.org... I have repeatedly heard that Obama is responsible for this, and he is NOT.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join