It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a difference between the NATO bombing campaign in the 1990s Balkans and in 2011 Libyan opera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Seems like now the NATO led by Europeans(with most of our US assets) are getting bogged down. Now Britain and France are saying that Gaddafi may stay. www.guardian.co.uk...-of-comments

Compare to NATO led by the United States in the Balkans, most of the conflicts we ended seems to work. www.bloomberg.com...

NATO led by the Unites States stopped the fighting between Bosnian Serbs, Croats, and Bosnian Muslims with the 1995 Dayton Agreement. In 1999, we manage to drive Serbian troops out of Kosovo which caused ethic cleansing of Albanians stopped. I think that's how i see the differences. What are your thoughts to this?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

My personal thoughts are that USA has no obligation or right to be involved. Much better the focus is on internal issues that the failing USA has. It often fails me to understand how the US can sit at any table and discuss peace ---- please.....get real. How does it help you poor citizens???????

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by djs37

What is a difference between the NATO bombing campaign in the 1990s Balkans and in 2011 Libyan operation? That's my question and if you don't know, please don't bother to answer.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
the balkans war didn't involve fake rebels?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We had a massive stockpile of chemical weapons in Europe. The Bosnian War was just stirred up to pass the buck to NATO to fund us getting our chemical weapons out of there. Nothing more.

You don't really think we wasted all that money to free some muslims do you?...ha ha ha ha!

The Albanians are MAD about some new big Serbian military base just built up to slaughter them again.

The Libya war.....Europe needs to keep warm this winter. The Queen didn't have anymore coin to pay Kaddafi.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
the balkans war didn't involve fake rebels?

Nothing fake about these rebels i can tell you

1. Air suport from USA/UK/France
2. Weapons from France
3. Wages from MOSSAD/CIA
4. Top training not just from MOSSAD but Al-CIAda and Taliban
5. Health care costs from Germany
6. Film star status from Fox/CNN for running around sandy beach in 4X4
7. Media machine thanks to Zionist press

The BBC finaly views a report from Tripoly and manages to find a man with a hidden face to say he's upset because he's not paid for Pro-Gaddffi protests (You know the million man protests as not shown on BBC) and he goes on to say he loves anyone that pays him

Well after the news of the world incident we know these reporters go to ant lengths to get the story and even more if it's a story that suports the pack of lies they are pumping out 24/7 so who to say this un-employed protestor was not paid for his report from behind a fundged out face.

Today i see on Sky that they are upset because the lockerby bombers was pictured at a pro-gaddffi protest lending suport and sweet feck all (SWA) about the UK public not being asked if this man should be allowed to leave jail having only served 11 days in jail for each life he took, if you beleive any of it.

The internet has exposed the lies and few people now accept the offical pack of lies peddled by the MSM.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

What does this had to do with my thred?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

The Europeans may be trying old-fashioned Soviet diplomacy - - ask for double what you really want at first, and then let the enemy negotiate you down to what you wanted in the first place. Massive reforms under Gaddafi could provide Libya with a democratic post-Gaddafi future that is acceptable to the people and to Europe.

NATO's activity in Yugoslavia involved ground troops in several cases. They were peacekeeping operations, and the Serbian militias and government did not want to attack U.S. soldiers and give America casus belli for an actual war. Libya now is more like Kosovo 1999, in which case the rebels managed to take power in part because Serbia had been battered for the better part of a decade. Kosovo was also a smaller area than Libya, which made it easier to strike Serbian targets.

Don't believe these conspiracy nuts, the Albanians and Croats and Bosnians were also armed and assisted by the West, because the West was trying to prevent genocide. Not everything is a nefarious scheme when NATO is involved. Also, the current Libyan mission is under Canadian command, and the Canadian military regularly trains alongside the Americans.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Well in 1999 we drove the Serbs out of Kosovo and all. But in Libya, NATO-led by Europeans is stuck and they considering Qaddafi staying.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

the rebels are fake.

proof

I read this in 2001. It claims EXACTLY when and how America and England will try to take over the remaining free (non US proxy states) world. I thought it was a clever book back then, it's even stranger watching the whole thing evolve in front of my very eyes!

new topics

top topics

join