It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosion/earthquake warley west mids uk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

What 'could' it be? Does the sound match a description? Did the earth shake, or just a loud bang?

Is there anything you can go climb on 'safely' to get a view or idea of location?
edit on 27-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There's a big spike on the helicorder plot from the Charnwood Forest station at about 12:46pm
I think that is the closest station to you:
earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Didn't see anything on UK.Yahoo or the beebs, what the hell is going on ? I know people up there.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Could be a car crash or gas explosion

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Yeah this is what I was thinking AND hoping for. Nothing is showing up on the news or Emergency maps...not yet anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Any Army barracks, Ammunition Depots etc anywhere near that area?

I hope everyone is safe and no one is seriously hurt.

Now why is this not being reported.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Could have been a gas leak, never know but Jesus! What was that ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Any Army barracks, Ammunition Depots etc anywhere near that area?

I hope everyone is safe and no one is seriously hurt.

Now why is this not being reported.

No just shops, houses and businesses, the is also a Sikh temple and a mosque in that area

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Any links to local news channels in that area?

Anyone using their mobiles to record the sound off the explosion or anything?

edit on 27-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Yeah this is what I was thinking AND hoping for. Nothing is showing up on the news or Emergency maps...not yet anyway.

Everyones power went so gas explosion/earthquake is what im leaning too.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
over 40 mins now and no feed on any news networks,tv or net.only took 18 mins to reach news from police announcement with amy winehouse on saturday....whats the hold up.surely even a "reports of explosions.no details yet" could have been posted...wtf is the delay

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by strelok72

Good find
looks like an explosion...

edit on 27/7/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Are you near Newport Road?
2nd

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertruck99
over 40 mins now and no feed on any news networks,tv or net.only took 18 mins to reach news from police announcement with amy winehouse on saturday....whats the hold up.surely even a "reports of explosions.no details yet" could have been posted...wtf is the delay

Could be supernatural, hate to be on the Torchwood kick but come on! Something just ain't right and it's not looking good, you're not sitting on the Cardiff rift so you should be okay.

I'm looking toward Gas leak, I knew some people right across town that had a gas leak. It caused an explosion and cut their power. It wasn't pretty but no one died, the same thing is happening here.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Very interesting. I would imagine the sound was too loud to have been flatulence from a nearby Mexican restaurant? Just grasping at straws here...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is the most recent Breaking News article I can find .... I dunno, but seems to fit.

A MAN died and another lost an arm in a horror smash between a bus and a car during the rush hour last night (Tuesday). The collision on Newport Road, Castle Bromwich at 6.40pm left the passenger of the car dead while the driver, a man in his 20s, had his arm amputated in the crash. Three ambulances, a community first responder, an incident support officer an the Midlands Air Ambulance were all dispatched to the scene. Paramedics battled to save the man as firefighters cut him free from the wreckage of the car. Read More www.birminghammail.net... p

Here is the link : Birming ham Mail

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm about 30 miles away and didn't hear or feel anything, so probably not an earthquake.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Are sure it wasn't a car crashing into a utility pole and maybe the transformer blew? That would account for the 'explosion" as well as the power-loss....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lesisgod

This was last night though....how does that fit in with today? Am I missing something? Is this in the same city as the op???

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have been for a look and asked around but people are none the wiser

Im starting to think it was a transformer explosion

On a traffic island (birchley) just off junction 2 of the M5 is a big sub station. So could be that.

But just been there, no cops or anything, yet my mate says a road in oldbury has been closed off.

Will keep digging

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join