It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tells US to halt spy plane flights: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

China tells US to halt spy plane flights: report

news.yahoo.com

China has demanded that the United States stop spy plane flights near the Chinese coast, saying they have "severely harmed" trust between the two countries, state-run media reported Wednesday.

The comments came after Taiwanese media reported two Chinese fighter jets attempted to scare off an American U2 reconnaissance plane that was collecting intelligence on China while flying along the Taiwan strait in late June.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Tension between China and the USA seem to be rising from the looks of this. Frankly i agree with China, the US should GTFO and mind their own damn business. The US shouldn't play big brother to the world. Although i still belive China, US, Etc are run by the same people, to me this shows that the Global Elite are starting to stage a war. I can see it now...

China: You owe us Money, and have been spying on us, Give us our money and stop spying on us.
US: We the people blah blah blah (insert speech here)
Then a Chinese terror attack happens and war begins.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but what is up with the lol emoticon? War isn't funny, especially if it were to break out between the U.S. and Chinese giants.

To the topic...The. U.S. won't stop. They are incorrigible...and will find another way or just ignore the demands...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Im surprised the US is still using a 50 year old spy plane to collect data.

Proposals to retire the U-2 have been met with significant resistance from military leadership due to gaps in capability that would present if the U-2 were removed from service. In 2009, the Air Force stated that it plans to extend the U-2 retirement from 2012 until 2014 or later to allow more time to field the RQ-4 Global Hawk as a replacement. In December 2009, South Korea's JoongAng Daily newspaper reported that the RQ-170 Sentinel was to replace U-2s operating from Osan Air Base in 2010.

Source

edit on 27-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Im surprised the US is still using a 50 year old spy plane to collect data.

You took the text right off of my fingers. What's the point of using a U-2 when we have all these fancy spy satellites cluttering up space? Even still the only fighter, that I know of, that can possibly fly that high and even attempt to intercept one would be the MiG-25 Foxbat which is just as old.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wow china is beginning to remind me of another certain hypocritical country.

I don't think people realize how much spying china does on the US. With the use of Cyber espionage and citizen(ex-patriots) spies, and organized crime, I would be surprised if china didn't spy on us more than we spy on them

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I could not agree more - hit the nail on the head!
Who ever asked USA to play this role?
It is not even a constructive, well thought out role that can ensure any peace prospects!
STOP WAR MONGERING - and fix your economy (stop paying out to greedy fat cats)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
The comments came after Taiwanese media reported two Chinese fighter jets attempted to scare off an American U2 reconnaissance plane that was collecting intelligence on China while flying along the Taiwan strait

You have to laugh at the MSM. Just another fear mongering attempt to quash those who are thinking for themselves.

IF the USA were spying on China they would not use such a craft, this is just complete tripe and please do not fall for it. China is not going to attack USA any time soon. Those who actually rule this world would not permit it. Anyway, USA government(s) are doing a mighty fine job destroying their own country why would anyone else have to wade in?
edit on 27-7-2011 by franspeakfree because: Glitch in the matrix

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by djs37
reply to post by doom27

I could not agree more - hit the nail on the head!
Who ever asked USA to play this role?
It is not even a constructive, well thought out role that can ensure any peace prospects!
STOP WAR MONGERING - and fix your economy (stop paying out to greedy fat cats)

War Mongering to USA is fixing there economy because they make lots of money off war. It is constructive to their agenda. Plus if they win the war the won't have to pay China back they money they owe and can take over the businesses china grew within USA and the land the bought up. If anything you may see this escalate into war. I wish it could be a peaceful, considerate and productive world. Seems if we want anything in this world you have to get it the hard way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
They are just right too.

If China was spying on the US, American's would be up in arms crying "That's not fair" etc etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I agree with you. China in a sense has no reason to go to war with the united states, they are probably one of their top customers, it just would not make sense financially. Also the outdated craft makes no sense, but thats why i fear its just the global elite. Sheepie are stupid, sheepie will see this and say ZOMG CHINA AHHH FEAR TERROR AHHH! The global elite doesn't need to make sense, people will still believe every #ing thing the MSM tells them.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
China can whine and complain all they want, but it wont do any good.

The spy plane was in international airspace and never violated Chinese airspace.

This is one of the issues currently going on in that region. The UN established 12nm from the coast as territorial waters. The EEZ extends out 200 miles, however it doesnt lay claim to anything except natural resources. Its not considered territorial waters.

China has a whoke slew of land disputes with a bunch of countrys. China has laid claim to the entire South China Sea and considers their EEZ as territorial instead of resources based.

An since we arent breaking any laws, China needs to quit interfering in our flight operations in international airspace.

They constanly warn the UN to stay out of their internal affairs.
They should practice what they preach and stay out of ours.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

The U2 is not a fighter. Rather, it is a recon plane. Satellites are fine for photography, but the U2 often does ELINT or air sampling.

I really don't know why they aren't using the Global Hawk for this function. BTW, they jusy tested the "block 40" rev of the Global Hawk at Edwards.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
On the contrary...

Using a 50+ year old U2 design makes perfect sense. The area in question, the strait between China and Taiwan isn't very large [Relatively speaking]. If the Chinese decided to shoot the U2 down they would recover only a slightly updated aeronautical dinosaur.

Also, the only fear mongers I'm reading here are from less than knowledgeable members here at ATS who freak out and see WW-III around every corner. The Chinese spy on the US/WEST and the US/WEST spy on them. When the US or any Western power protests about Chinese spying activities it goes hardly noticed, However, if China makes a claim then it's obviously signs of WW-III

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
China can build cars for a tenth of what it costs in the USA and i agree they are not as good but they are getting better as GM and Ford goes bankcrupt.

Now a stealth fighter they say cost $1bn and upwards but my guess is most goes into peoples back pockets cus the tax payer is always fair game.

Does anyone realy think the USA could win a war with China or do you think they would let you stop half way through so that they could send you all some spair parts or something and could borrow a bit more cash !

You realy don't want to pull that tigers tail and need to get rid of the zionist puppets in goverment before they get you all killed.

Uncle sam is going to get his ass kicked by Bruce Lee if he does not pull in the bansters and stops bombing everyone just so zionist corporations can take a profit without paying any taxes.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More chinese hypocrisy.

The cases of chinese spying against the USA are well documented and numerous. Cyber attacks from China have become a very big issue lately.

Its ok for China to spy but not the USA?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

If?? Are you kidding? The Chinese are sponsoring hackers to collect info from the US every single minute of the day!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

If?? Are you kidding? The Chinese are sponsoring hackers to collect info from the US every single minute of the day!

Does China send jets into US airspace?

I'm guessing no.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

Does China send jets into US airspace?

I'm guessing no.

Maybe not but they have they're ways.

Chinese Spy 'Slept' In U.S. for 2 Decades

Prosecutors called Chi Mak the "perfect sleeper agent," though he hardly looked the part. For two decades, the bespectacled Chinese-born engineer lived quietly with his wife in a Los Angeles suburb, buying a house and holding a steady job with a U.S. defense contractor, which rewarded him with promotions and a security clearance. Colleagues remembered him as a hard worker who often took paperwork home at night.

Source

I'm sure they have a few more hidden away.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Did the US send one into Chinese airspace? Maybe you should hone up your comprehension skills.. re read the article, this time try and take in what you read. It will make your responses "sound" more informed.

Planes no? Subs yes?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 7/27/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join