It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What crashed into the ocean off the coast of Flagler Beach, FL Tuesday night?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It WAS just a contrail,illuminated by swamp gas of course!
and a chinese lantern!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
it was

a) weather balloon

or

b) swamp gas

or

c) chinese lantern

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There are some pretty big Naval Bases in Jacksonville.
I went to Ormond Beach for the day a couple weeks ago - not far from this location and saw several choppers from the Naval Air Station. Flagler to Jax is nothing by air.
Somebody could have dumped chaff/flare.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Damn Chinese Lanterns are everywhere!!!! These reporters will repeat anything they hear. They don't request proof of it being a Chinese Lantern but you better have a effin video and a signed autograph from E.T. in order to report a UFO.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is from an official FCSO press release:

The Flagler County Sheriff’s Office initially responded to Finn’s Restaurant in Flagler Beach on the corner of A1A and State Road 100, along with Flagler Beach police officers to talk with possible witnesses.

The Sheriff’s Office’s involvement in the incident ended at 1:30 a.m.

The Coast Guard continued to search offshore with boats and a helicopter.

There were no 911 calls received by the Sheriff’s Communications Division in regards to this incident.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The Official Story - Very likely a Chinese Lantern. FBPD said they got word one was launched about that time.Why the Chinese Lantern Story holds water

1 - It was ONLY locally seen. If it were a meteor or high altitude aircraft it would have been seen for miles meteors can be seen for hundreds of miles in all directions. An aircraft would have been seen from Daytona to St. Augustine pending altitude. If it were lower noise would have been noted.

2 - There was a cloud deck at 20,000 ft that would have obscured meteors and rocket boosters.

So very very likely the Chinese Lantern.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I live in Florida and have seen some brilliant meteorites falling from the sky before here, so that’s what I think it likely was.

The illegal plane theory sounds plausible also.

I heard it reported on the local news via radio.

Strange, that it was reported as an UFO that was being investigated. (thoughts of possible conditioning)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
live just north of Flagler,
here is a news clip,

their also was a picture that was taken but it was faked.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

I see. If it was a lantern it would have had to caught fire, to fit the description.

I made one of those lanterns a while back. I test launched it indoors until I worked out the bugs, then I launched it outside at night.

I took these videos.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

you freaking had a flaming fire ball in your HOUSE. haha and then set it by a car! lol I would hate to be your insurance carrier.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Yeah the wind was blowing it towards the car but it was ok. The fire was from rubbing alcohol so it had a relatively low temperature.

Indoors I did several tests, where I built the flame up gradually until it would take off.

I was safe but I could have been safer. Turning the ceiling fan off would have been a good idea.

It all made for a fun day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join