It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sphinx breastplate and altar........ a lack of information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Morning ATS, and all who sail in her...

I have been meaning to start a thread relating to the breast plate and altar for a while now... so here goes...

I have been studying the Sphinx and the great pyramid for a couple of years now, and have come to a dead end so to speak. I am an avid reader of Christopher Dunn and am particularly interested in the "machine" hypothesis of the Great pyramid. The only interpretation of the breast plate that I can locate talks of an image on the plate which shows a crystal being placed onto the "alter" between the sphinx's paws, and some form of electrical? energy emanating from it. This obviously ties in with Dunns proposals.....

I would like to find any other information on the interpretation of the inscriptions on the plate, and ideas about the interrelationship between the plate and the altar... I can make out the top half of the inscription from photo's, but the bottom half appears to be severely weathered... has anyone seen a complete translation of the inscriptions?

The plate itself appears to be made of a different stone to the body of the structure itself, the sides and bottom of the plate rest on masonry that seems to be seperate from the body itself, but the top of the plate appears to actually be inset into the chest of the sphinx. This raises the question of when was the plate installed? Why was it installed? and what, if anything, is it covering?

There are stone steps leading up to the bottom of the plate.... this again makes no sense to me, why have steps leading up to it if it was meant to be read? This makes it very difficult to view the bottom half of the plate and seems to suggest that the steps were there before the plate was installed. What were the steps leading to I ask? Some of you may have seen the following diagrams... I believe they are linked to Edgar Cayce... Still the only person to propose the idea of the HOR being located under the sphinx... admittedly, his information was questionable, (a spirit guide i believe)

I believe the plate was put there to hide something..... what, I am not sure..... and there appears to be a severe lack of information out there pertaining to it. Suspicious? Maybe, maybe not.

Then we come to the question of the altar... what was its purpose? Are we to believe the inscriptions on the plate, that a crystal of great power was placed here.... here is one explanation....

"The granite altar is really a machined housing or seat. A charged crystal was placed onto of the granite as shown on the sphinx’s breastplate. The crystal would release energy through piezo effect when the vibration from the Great Pyramid would cause the granite altar to vibrate.

The vibrational wave, free energy, was also converted to an electrical type of energy as stated by Edgar Cayce – “Fire Crystals” which today still remains, this is what Abu Gurab really is.distinct

In the days of Altantis there were many pyramids that served as generators or transformers of vibrational energy and tools to raise humanities consciousness to the divine. So can it be again if it is the will of the people at this time.

Even though much time has passed since its use you can clearly see the difference in the surfaces that were in contact with the vibrating crystal or quartz alabaster and the lower section of the altar. For any machinist the geometry and profile are a dead give away of a locking or locational application. Environmental conditions would not produce such a clear and distinct difference through out the granite".

It ceratinly appears to be have been designed to "mount" something.... what other purpose can the grooves in the corners perform? What is the relevance of the granite construction? Why is it located where it is? Does this point to some sort of link between the Sphinx and the Great pyramid? If there is a link betwen the mounting of a piezo electric crystal here, and the piezo electric crystals known to be contained within granite of the "kings chamber" of the great pyramid... does this not suggest that they must have been built together, as some sort of complex, military or industrial in nature?

So, what are your views on this subject? There appears to be a lack of information out there!

PA.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

When you say breast plate, do you mean the Dream Stele?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c8b99c404b8.jpg[/atsimg]

You should have a read though my Sphinx thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may not agree with the premise and thoery but it's an interesting thread either way

The Stele itself was placed there after it's original construction and rekates to the restoration work.

Translation

"Now the statue of the very great Khepri [the Great Sphinx ] rested in this place, great of fame, sacred of respect, the shade of Ra resting on him. Memphis and every city on its two sides came to him, their arms in adoration to his face, bearing great offerings for his Ka. One of these days it happened that prince Thutmose came travelling at the time of midday. He rested in the shadow of this great god. [Sleep and ] dream [took possession of him] at the moment the sun was at zenith. Then he found the majesty of this noble god speaking from his own mouth like a father speaks to his son, and saying: "Look at me, observe me, my son Thutmose. I am you father Horemakhet-Khepri-Ra-Atum. I shall give to you the kingship [upon the land before the living]....[Behold, my condition is like one in illness], all [ my limbs being ruined]. The sand of the desert, upon which I used to be, (now) confronts me; and it is in order to cause that you do what is in my heart that I have waited." "[2]

Dream Stele

edit on 27-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Hiya PA, it's worth being cautious about any modern claims that our distant ancestors were fixated on crystals. It's a very modern concept to attribute technological powers to them although precious stones have always been granted a superstitious power.

The breastplate is known as the Dream Stela and what little remains to be read has been translated. A rather good page on the translation and what the stela is thought to have represented is the Dream Stela of Thutmosis IV

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Thanks sir.. appreciated. just what I was after. Who carried out this translation though? Would be interesting to find out...

I shall have a read through your Sphinx thread when I get a minute... a truly fascinating subjuect matter!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Any views on the steps leading to the base of the plate though?? Seems unusual to mee...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Greetings sir.. and thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the advice.... although the majority of information I have been reading over the last few years certainly leans towards attributing advanced technoligical techniques and methods to the building of the pyramids and the statues/temple at Luxor.... and certainly points towards a deeper operational meaning for the pyramids in particular. I was interested to see if there could be any link between the supposed mounting of a crystal here, and the known crystals in the kings chamber....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The translation as far as i know comes from various sources that have studied the language, but this is from another site -

The translation of what remains of the story is provided here. The translation is my own and is based on the text publication of Kurt Sethe, Urkunden des aegyptischen Altertums IV, volume 19.

Ancientegypt.org

In regard to the steps leading upto it, i am not too sure... they could have been plaed there at any stage. I will have to look into it more before i can comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You've mentioned the "known" crystals in the King's Chamber twice, care to expand on that?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am a novice with this Ancient Egypt stuff, but would not be surprised if there is a lot more to the story than what is commonly accepted. As for the crystal part, in electronics there are two main uses that I am aware of.

One is as a timing device and commonly used in digital clocks. If you put a steady current into a crystal you will get steady stream of pulses coming out. A crystal does have some capacitance, which means that it is able to store electrical energy but once a certain threshold is reach this energy is released.

The other use is as a diode and is an important component of the first radios developed - the crystal radio. A diode is a one way valve for electrical energy allowing electricity to flow in one direction, but not another. The crystal radio is also able to draw enough electrical power from the electromagnetic transmission waves to power an earphone or small speaker. The two other components needed for the crystal radio is the aerial and a good ground or earth to establish the charge differential and draw electrical current.

So to your question of if these two crystal locations could be linked? yes. They would also require an aerial so they could connect on the same frequency and a power source for the one or both when transmitting. The groves in the stone alters may be for this.

As for the different types of stones, stone generally has a high level of electrical resistance but it does vary between types. Unless there where very high amounts of current involved I am not aware of what the significance would be. Maybe something to do with a stronger or cleaner earth signal but I am not certain.

As for the stairs inside the Sphinx, is there something on the back of Dream Stela? From the diagrams it looks like the Dream Stela is a door way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah.. I would love to....

In any machine there are devices that function to make the machine work. This machine was no different. Though the inner chambers and passages of the Great Pyramid seem to be devoid of what we would consider to be mechanical or electrical devices, there are devices still housed there that are similar in nature to mechanical devices created today.

These devices could also be considered to be electrical devices in that they have the ability to convert or transduce mechanical energy into electrical energy. You might think of other examples, as the evidence becomes more apparent. The devices, which have resided inside the Great Pyramid since it was built, have not been recognized for what they truly were. Nevertheless, they were an integral part of this machine’s function.

The granite out of which this chamber is constructed is an igneous rock containing silicon quartz crystals. This particular granite, which was brought from the Aswan Quarries, contains 55% or more quartz crystal.

Dee Jay Nelson and David H. Coville see special significance in the stone the builders chose in building the King’s Chamber. They write:

“This means that lining the King’s Chamber, for instance, are literally hundreds of tons of microscopic quartz particles. The particles are hexagonal, by-pyramidal or rhombohedral in shape. Rhomboid crystals are six-sided prisms with quadrangle sides that present a parallelogram on any of the six facets. This guarantees that embedded within the granite rock is a high percentage of quartz fragments whose surfaces, by the law of natural averages, are parallel on the upper and lower sides. Additionally, any slight plasticity of the granite aggregate would allow a ‘piezotension’ upon these parallel surfaces and cause an electromotive flow. The great mass of stone above the pyramid chambers presses downward by gravitational force upon the granite walls thereby converting them into perpetual electric generators.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

PA

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
According to this site is says that the "altar" was built by the Romans. I haven't read the entire piece, there is more info here.

In 1379, as reported by the Arab author Al Maqrizi, a man named Saim el Dahr hacked off the Sphinx's nose. The sacrificial altar now seen between the paws was constructed by the Romans. Medieval and renaissance visitors took pieces of the Sphinx's headdress and face for talismans and remedies. During the 17th and 18th centuries, invading Marmalukes and French soldiers reportedly used the head for target practice.

Source

top topics

join