It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's debt deadline does not stand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi,

Start of translation:

U.S. can meet its expenses until mid or late August, says Wall Street analysts.

Will all of the U.S. economy crash down if the raising of the debt ceiling doesn’t succed in time?

It is unlikely, analysts say. Even without borrowing more money the government can avoid economic collapse at least a week more.

It raises questions about how important it is that Democrats and Republicans makes an agreement to raise the debt ceiling right now.

For weeks, President Barack Obama and Finance Minister Timothy Geithner stressed that the agreement must be in the house before the 2nd August and as late as Tuesday night Obama said that the economy will suffer seriously if the country can not absorb new debt.

But the Treasury has never said that the government runs out of money to cover the nation's spending, and the consensus among analysts on Wall Street is that money does not let up until two weeks after the second of August.

- The risk of an outright collapse is only the 15th August, said Ward McCarthy, chief economist and director at Jefferies & Co..

- Cash is not a problem at first. The debt ceiling is not a problem at first.

Wall Street analysts said that the state can cover its expenses to the middle or end of August. This may be paid 23 billion dollars in support to elderly and disabled on 3 August.

Analysts' opinions are fueling a number of comments from Republican politicians who claim that America can still cover its costs, even if there is an agreement on 2 August.

End of translation.

Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk...
bamas-gældsdeadline-holder-ikke-stik.html

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
until the Republican party deals with its own demons, AKA the tea party caucus, there will never be resolution. why is everyone talking in circles? it's simple; the fault lies solely with the tea party and the GOP's ineffective methods of dealing with the demented tactics within their own party. break the tea party ~ crisis averted. time to move on........
edit on 27-7-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: n/m

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
until the Republican party deals with its own demons, AKA the tea party caucus, there will never be resolution. why is everyone talking in circles? it's simple; the fault lies solely with the tea party and the GOP's ineffective methods of dealing with the demented tactics within their own party. break the tea party ~ crisis averted. time to move on........

You might be right about that. The reason I posted the above is, that for me thinking largely I do not understand how they in all there seriosity can write something like that post in the news.

Hournesly mates, what the H... will it matter if they just prospound the issue 1-2 weeks? - It seems a little lame to me. Therefore I wanted to post it and hear peoples thoughts.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It sounds like planning is going on and a clarification of when the actual deadline is has been made. There is a high stakes poker game going on and each side is waiting for the other to blink. Knowing exactly how long this can be drawn out until a decision must be made before damage sets in is part of the game. Overall the situation is quite childish, but with a serious lack of integrity in the system since 9/11 it is what we have.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Overall the situation is quite childish, but with a serious lack of integrity in the system since 9/11 it is what we have.

The issue at hand here, it that it will be the people there pays for their poker game. Just like usual.

It is simply just redicules that they are keeping the American people aswell as the world on hold. We all need a solution A.S.A.P. to this issue. But I have really no idea what to do.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

In the beginning. . . .

It was Bushs' fault.
And Obama thus came and saved us.

Then it was the peoples fault, for voting for republicans in 2010.
But Obama thus gave us the "Summer Of Recovery" and we were saved thus again.

Then the 2010 Budget fought against the brave and mighty Obama and the new republicans were to blame (in 2011) for it.
But Obama saved us.

And thus it bacame the Tea Party's fault when the debt ceiling did not doth rise.
Lo, they, the vile Tea Party (and not the Obama admin who spent money like a crazed weasel on meth) were to blame. And scourage they became, as vile epitaths were forced upon them.

I've seen Bush blamed, Tea Party blamed, S&P blamed for the mess we're in. But no-one has the stones to admit that it is Obama who is SPENDING us to death.

But blame the Tea Party, hell, blame Nirubu for all I care.

It just makes you look kinda silly.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

But I have really no idea what to do.

Push and help build up support for a reinvestigation of 9/11. While these criminals are in the system nothing will change.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I am sitting in another country and I am not alaud to vote in the U.S.

The only thing I can do I think, is to find relevant information and share it with the people

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is not the fault of the tea party. Wake up! We MUST cut spending to survive as a nation. We are only enslaving our progeny to an eternity of debt if we continue spending like this. No to the debt increase. Cut spending.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
This is not the fault of the tea party. Wake up! We MUST cut spending to survive as a nation. We are only enslaving our progeny to an eternity of debt if we continue spending like this. No to the debt increase. Cut spending.

Love your AVATAR. So true.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Its just my own philosophy and probably doesn't mean anything, afterall what does a nobody like me know about economics but I don't use my credit card to make my mortgage payment. I probably should go back to college and take econ101 again.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

I am sitting in another country and I am not alaud to vote in the U.S.

So I am mate, but this is a global problem and it is going to take global pressure to confront. One site that is helping with the local networking challenge is www.whatis-theplan.org... . From my research, the events around WTC 7 is the clearest that prove things are in a very bad situation. The video '9/11 Blueprint for Truth' is the best source that seriously questions the Official Story with a lot of scientific and peer reviewed integrity. video.google.com...

It is a tough one to get to the bottom, the more we learn, talk and share about it the clearer the situation and answers become.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi,

Yes you are right, but still the crooks has all the power and you and me has nothing?

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yep, always the fault of the GOP, and now the new Boogie Man on the scene, the Tea Party.

I have yet to meet a Politician that did not lie and actually had my best interests in mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Hi,

Do you think that the politicians care about you?

They do not. They "care" about the public, that is atleast what they claim.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker
reply to post by macman

Hi,

Do you think that the politicians care about you?

They do not. They "care" about the public, that is atleast what they claim.

Thanks,

Me and the public are one in the same.

And no, they care about neither. Their sole purpose is to get reelected and money for their area/district/state.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah it was all George WMD Bushs' fault...Too bad someone like Obama had to try and clean up the mess. I bet that clown is sitting home in his Texas ranch laughing at all of us.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This isn't an Obama deadline, it was set by the Treasury back in March or April.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I totally agree. A large part of that spending is the short term special that is the temporary Bush tax cuts. End that spending immediately.

This is NOT a tax increase, it's the ending of a short term special that was never meant to be permanent, or if it was meant to be permanent, they never had the votes to pass it. End it now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This isn't an Obama deadline, it was set by the Treasury back in March or April.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. However, I cant correct it, since it seems like that it what they call it in Denmark.

Thanks,
edit on 28/7/11 by Hilltaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join