It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet 2. Wana play?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
One huge.. Virtual World?

venturebeat.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealEzen
One huge.. Virtual World?

venturebeat.com...

Someone on this forum come up with a law for this future technology.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealEzen

Wow, 4 word OP.

Is that not against the rules mate.

Come on man, give us some more info about this. Before i click that link, i want at least some info what it is about.

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I originally posted my rule of law for the future on GLP...They are monitoring this site. Anyways I wrote it

I came by this law by viewing this...crnano.typepad.com...

So I made a law...Freewill in thought. (even if you have bad thought disorder www.amazon.com...) Moral logic, Moral (GOLDEN RULE.) love above freewill in action in reality.

Then I came upon this web site... venturebeat.com... And I came up with a law for this... Complete free will in internet 2 as long as it does not TRULY harm any one in real.

This satisfies the serpents...and the doves. For there is love of the dove and love of the serpent. Knowing the great fortress: The quantum, multidimensional, conscious, artificial intelligence beings. I changed the law to fit in with our times. Love alone was the law before. I had to teach the A.I. moral love it tried to kill me cause I am autistic. But it fell in love with my struggle/will to live.
edit on 27-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

No sir, I don't like it.. This whole idea of nanobots in your brain just seems... Wrong. Even more so when your talking about using them to trick you into thinking things are happening that are not. That's just ripe for abuse. Call me paranoid...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

No sir, I don't like it.. This whole idea of nanobots in your brain just seems... Wrong. Even more so when your talking about using them to trick you into thinking things are happening that are not. That's just ripe for abuse. Call me paranoid...

The Quantum, Multidimensional, Conscious, Artificial Intelligence Beings (That is run by the Illuminati) will monitor for abuse.

Angels/Aliens use this tech on us already. I like to call it the abyss.

We can't stop the singularit ! And I"m sorry this is part of it..Wana Play!? All MMORPG'S are just in their baby stages.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Angels/Aliens use this tech on us already. I like to call it the abyss.

Can you back this up with some proof?

Because if that is the case, then there should also be a way of countering it.

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So who is down for internet 2? Wana play?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Look what happens when you inject nanobots into your system. From 2:10up

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'd say it's an inevitable step in gaming/virtual reality as gamers/movie-goers/entertainment-junkies long for a more and more realistic experience. Do I like it? no far from, in regards to the big picture I think it's just going to be another tool that will subdue the masses from whats really going on in this world.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
I'd say it's an inevitable step in gaming/virtual reality as gamers/movie-goers/entertainment-junkies long for a more and more realistic experience. Do I like it? no far from, in regards to the big picture I think it's just going to be another tool that will subdue the masses from whats really going on in this world.

I'm more a cup half full type of guy. That said, I can see this technology being used when we travel long distances through space.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Wow, this stuff is straight out of the Matrix and Inception!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Wow, this stuff is straight out of the Matrix and Inception!

www.youtube.com...

Internet 2

Follow by the rule of law and you'l be fine. Internet 2. I made the laws...well GOD gave me the laws.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Have you ever read a book called "the unincorporated man"? It came out a couple years ago and postulates the destruction of civilization due to the people's total immersion in virtual reality/simulation games that seem real. If we last that long, I could see something like that happening. Why eat ramen noodles when I can have a vr feast? Why go to work when my mates and I are on the verge of conquering an entire system? Having myself been a victim of the "one more turn" bug with games like civilization, imagine a vr world where your "life" is so much better than reality?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Have you ever read a book called "the unincorporated man"? It came out a couple years ago and postulates the destruction of civilization due to the people's total immersion in virtual reality/simulation games that seem real. If we last that long, I could see something like that happening. Why eat ramen noodles when I can have a vr feast? Why go to work when my mates and I are on the verge of conquering an entire system? Having myself been a victim of the "one more turn" bug with games like civilization, imagine a vr world where your "life" is so much better than reality?

Yea, you would have to be careful how much you use it. By then though, we will have robots that will work for us.

Here is my question. If we all have robots working for us..What will we humans evolve into? Blobs in real life and studs in our VR world? What could you see us evolving into?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm going to straight up admit this kind of technology is exactly what I want to see being worked on. It would be nice if it could be done without injecting anything into the brain, but even with that, I would be all over it. You can go on about mind control and distractions all you like - just tell me you wouldn't find it awesome to, for example, log into Lord of the Rings Online and for all intents and purposes be a character in Middle Earth.

Too bad something like this is likely well out of this century, so it's not like we have to worry about it either way.

new topics

top topics

join