It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous : Make fun of Breiviks manifesto.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hi,

Translated:

If it were up to the hacker group Anonymous, the 1500-pages manifesto that terrorist Anders Behring Breivik has written of his attack against multiculturalism and Islam should be destroyed forever.

The group has launched a campaign in which it invites all network users in the world in to make false and meaningless copies of Breiviks manifesto. Anonymous is hoping that the original is lost in the crowd.

Breivik writes in the introduction to his manifesto: "I pray that you give this book on to everyone you know."

Anonymous ask network users to post false pictures in the manifesto, removing portions of the text and add "stupid things". "Do what you want," writes the group.

After Breiviks manifesto has been changed, the material will be published anywhere and the sender must insist that the modified edition is the original version.

The campaign is about that nobody should be able to take Breivik seriously.

- Let Anders become a joke, writes the group in the launch of "Operation UnManifest".

- None of us forgive murder. None of us forget the victims, writes Anonymous.

End translation.

Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk...:gør-grin-med-breiviks-manifest.html

Thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Well, imho, this is a crappy thing for them to want to do.

Why change his manifesto? To ridicule him? To what end?

This seems rather childish to me.....

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Um, hello? Maybe because he killed a bunch of TEENAGERS???? In cold blood?

And what he wanted was that manifest out- they are not wanting him to get his 'reward' because his behaviour was bad.

It could encourage copycats that want to get politically subversive material widely read.

Not saying I disagree or agree, just I can tell that is what they are thinking. NO POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT FOR MURDER.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

It could encourage copycats that want to get politically subversive material widely read.

Isnt it already done like that multiple times troughout the earth? - People hijacking plaines to get a messege out and kidnapping people etc?

I think I heard about political messeges being brought out by force before I heard about Anders Breivik.

Thanks,

link   
reply to post by hadriana

I disagree though.

If anonymous is saying this, and indeed willing people on to change an original manifesto, how do we know they have not influenced other pieces of original documents, without our knowing?

If they can do this once, they could have, or will do it again. It is setting a president for future questions being asked about the group.

vvv

link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Hilltaker

Well, imho, this is a crappy thing for them to want to do.

Why change his manifesto? To ridicule him? To what end?

Besides if the real manifesto disappears and some other versions appear they might help him with his defence in the court.His lawyer already is playing the insanity card,they can use the altered manifesto to prove that Breivik was insane and his state of mind was rather questionable when he wrote it.
So instead of going to prison will end up in some mental institution.

Does this anonymous guys think before they act?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

reply to post by hadriana

I disagree though.

If anonymous is saying this, and indeed willing people on to change an original manifesto, how do we know they have not influenced other pieces of original documents, without our knowing?

If they can do this once, they could have, or will do it again. It is setting a president for future questions being asked about the group.

vvv

Do you really find this to be a problem? Do you rely on a lot of 1500 page manifestos from mass murderers? Would it really bother you to not know if you are reading the real manifesto or not? Why?
Are you worried that Anonymous is going to flood the market with fake TV instructions and when you buy your TV, you will not know if the instructions that came in the box from the company will be real or an Anon joke or are you trying to link what they are doing to this one guys manifesto to something else that really does not make sense in the real world? Please help.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

My hope is, that the "original" manifesto is already being read through by proffesionals. So my only hope in case you have a point is, that they are not members of Ano.

Still yes also another way to get the messege spread is actually what Ano is doing I think. Lets say that I want to alter the manifesto, starts reading and actually likes what I read? - You get the point, that can let to some more extremists people out there.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Besides if the real manifesto disappears and some other versions appear they might help him with his defence in the court.

Huh?

They are trying to obscure it in the public domain. They are not sneaking into his back pocket and replacing his copy.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Actually I think it's a good idea. You will never get rid of the original so you can atleast dilute the message and hope that it becomes lost along the way. His words are dangerous there are a lot of impressionable losers out there probably dribbling with excitement over his manifesto , like the sad acts that treat Mien Kampf as some sort of bible.

So yes, it should be diluted his words should never penetrate anyones minds, he deserves nothing and his work should never be remembered because that's what he wants.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Burning books, so to speak.
Now where i have i heard of that happening? The fuhrer would be proud of this sick mofo

edit on 27-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

Yes, i do find it a problem.

I always find the twisting of the truth, a problem.

Yes, the guy is a phycopath, a terrorist and a murderer, and that i am totally against. But, i am also against a group wanting to change the truth, to fit their own agenda.

Much could be learned from his manifesto, and maybe even divulge some clues as to similar minded people, out there that might plan things.

So in that sense, yes, i do have a problem with them, basically destroying "evidence".

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Yes, i do find it a problem.

I always find the twisting of the truth, a problem.

What "truth" is being twisted here?

Yes, the guy is a phycopath, a terrorist and a murderer, and that i am totally against. But, i am also against a group wanting to change the truth, to fit their own agenda.

I have no idea what you are even talking about. There is nothing in this thread about anyone changing anything.

Much could be learned from his manifesto, and maybe even divulge some clues as to similar minded people, out there that might plan things.

What have you learned from it so far?

So in that sense, yes, i do have a problem with them, basically destroying "evidence".

vvv

Noone is advocating changing or destroying anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Ok, i will answer your questions, because clearly you cannot see.

What "truth" is being twisted here?

The orginal document is being changed, that is changing the orginal, from an original into a lie, the opposite of the truth.

I have no idea what you are even talking about. There is nothing in this thread about anyone changing anything.

Oh really?

Anonymous ask network users to post false pictures in the manifesto, removing portions of the text and add "stupid things". "Do what you want," writes the group. After Breiviks manifesto has been changed, the material will be published anywhere and the sender must insist that the modified edition is the original version.

Yeah, nothing in this thread about anyone changing anything. The whole manifest is being asked to be changed!!

What have you learned from it so far?

Not much really, however, i would rather read the original one, than a delibirate de-faced fake one.

Noone is advocating changing or destroying anything.

Again mate, did you even read the OP?

The group has launched a campaign in which it invites all network users in the world in to make false and meaningless copies of Breiviks manifesto. Anonymous is hoping that the original is lost in the crowd.

VVv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

No, it's smart. They know anything that is on the internet is there forever. The only way to come close to getting rid of it is to lose it and alter it to the point where people wont know if what they are reading is the real one (and i'm sure in some instances it will be very obvious).

I don't think it will work, but it's the only way it could be done.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Because it's such a massive undertaking that they couldn't do it covertly. That's why it's a public request.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Ok, i will answer your questions, because clearly you cannot see.

Oh, starting with a personal insult?
Cool. Let me know when you can talk like an adult.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Putting him in a mental institution would be the best thing to do as he would be likely be locked up way longer there than would be allowed in a Norwegian prison.

It's not the US, but even then there are many cases of people in the US and UK locked up in mental institutions for crimes that they would have only served a fraction of the time for in jail.

An insane killer is more of a threat than a person who kills for a reason. See?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Hi mate,

I dont think it was ment like that. It is just when people have so different oppinions on a subject.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker

Hi mate,

I dont think it was ment like that. It is just when people have so different oppinions on a subject.

Thanks,

When that happens, I mention that I have a difference of opinion.
I do not call the other person blind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join