It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

don't forget - Nelson Mandela was a terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Nelson Mandela was a terrorist according to certain Western nations, did we forget? It was only 4 years ago that the US congress removed Nelson Mandela from their black list. So are we suppose to take this labelling game seriously? Whose to say who is terrorist and who is not? Why was Mandela in the "black" or "terrorist" list? and the Apartheid government of South Africa on the "good guy list".

Watch the video, it shows how non-sense this labelling game is, but so many are still falling for it, so many are still going along the path built for them by the MSM. It is shameful the least, it is laughable the most, let's take our heads out of the sand and see the world for what it is, not for what they want it to be in our heads.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What one person would call a terrorist, another would call a freedom fighter.. It depends which side of the fence you are looking from... There is a fine line between to two..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I decided to look up Mandela. Not the finest example of a freedom fighter.

en.wikipedia.org...

The specifics of the charges to which Mandela admitted complicity involved conspiring with the African National Congress and South African Communist Party to the use of explosives to destroy water, electrical, and gas utilities in the Republic of South Africa

I can't see that hurting anyone but other citizens.

Mandela encouraged black South Africans to get behind the previously hated Springboks (the South African national rugby team) as South Africa hosted the 1995 Rugby World Cu

How is this statement not racist. Only blacks???

'Megrahi is all alone', Mandela told a packed press conference in the prison's visitors room. 'He has nobody he can talk to. It is psychological persecution that a man must stay for the length of his long sentence all alone. It would be fair if he were transferred to a Muslim country – and there are Muslim countries which are trusted by the West. It will make it easier for his family to visit him if he is in a place like the kingdom of Morocco, Tunisia or Egypt

I wonder how the families of the many dead feel over this remark. This guy doesn't look to saintly to me. I am going by what his actions are.

His actions are starting to paint a picture of a not so great person.

It was pointed out that these remarks, which centred on Nelson Mandela holding foreign bank accounts and not paying tax on these, had not originated from Ayob's affidavit but from Nelson Mandela's and George Bizos's own affidavits.

And Blood Diamonds:

In a The New Republic article in December 2006, Nelson Mandela was criticised for a number of positive comments he had made about the diamond industry. There were concerns that this would benefit suppliers of blood diamonds.[159] In a letter to Edward Zwick, the director of the motion picture Blood Diamond, Mandela had noted that:

...it would be deeply regrettable if the making of the film inadvertently obscured the truth, and, as a result, led the world to believe that an appropriate response might be to cease buying mined diamonds from Africa. ... We hope that the desire to tell a gripping and important real life historical story will not result in the destabilisation of African diamond producing countries, and ultimately their peoples.[160]

The New Republic article claims that this comment, as well as various pro-diamond-industry initiatives and statements during his life and during his time as a president of South Africa, were influenced by both his friendship with Harry Oppenheimer, former chairman of De Beers, as well as an outlook for 'narrow national interests' of South Africa (which is a major diamond producer)

I have finally quit reading up on him. How did this guy get to be thought of as some sort of savior? It sounds like he was not quite pristine.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Here is a hero if anyone needs one. America would not have been so wonderful without him.

GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER:

He also developed and promoted about 100 products made from peanuts that were useful for the house and farm, including cosmetics, dyes, paints, plastics, gasoline, and nitroglycerin

Imagine our life without those products.

his speaking to a national conference of the Peanut Growers Association in 1920 and in testimony before Congress in 1921 to support passage of a tariff on imported peanuts,

He understood what are current numnuts in congress don't.

During the last two decades of his life, Carver seemed to enjoy his celebrity status. He was often to be found on the road promoting Tuskegee, peanuts, and racial harmony

What an amazing philosophy!!

A monument to Carver at the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis

Be clean both inside and out.
Neither look up to the rich nor down on the poor.
Lose, if need be, without squealing.
Win without bragging.
Always be considerate of women, children, and older people.
Be too brave to lie.
Be too generous to cheat.
Take your share of the world and let others take theirs.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

That's the problem with the labelling game, US has bombed hospitals, water supplies, Universities, wiped out whole villages, all in the name of self interest, but ofcourse US is not going to put itself in its own black list for being a terrorist, but Nelson Mandela who tried to end the apartheid rule and failed, then as a last resort turned to violence, is a terrorist because :

In 1961 Mandela became leader of the ANC's armed wing, Umkhonto we Sizwe (translated Spear of the Nation, and also abbreviated MK), which he co-founded.[34] He coordinated sabotage campaigns against military and government targets, making plans for a possible guerrilla war if the sabotage failed to end apartheid.[35] Mandela also raised funds for MK abroad and arranged for paramilitary training of the group.[35]

Fellow ANC member Wolfie Kadesh explains the bombing campaign led by Mandela: "When we knew that we [sic] going to start on 16 December 1961, to blast the symbolic places of apartheid, like pass offices, native magistrates courts, and things like that ... post offices and ... the government offices. But we were to do it in such a way that nobody would be hurt, nobody would get killed."[36] Mandela said of Wolfie: "His knowledge of warfare and his first hand battle experience were extremely helpful to me."[12]

(from your own source)

And his explanation in court in to why he chose violence:

In his statement from the dock at the opening of the defence case in the trial on 20 April 1964 at Pretoria Supreme Court, Mandela laid out the reasoning in the ANC's choice to use violence as a tactic.[50] His statement described how the ANC had used peaceful means to resist apartheid for years until the Sharpeville Massacre.[51] That event coupled with the referendum establishing the Republic of South Africa and the declaration of a state of emergency along with the banning of the ANC made it clear to Mandela and his compatriots that their only choice was to resist through acts of sabotage and that doing otherwise would have been tantamount to unconditional surrender.[51] Mandela went on to explain how they developed the Manifesto of Umkhonto we Sizwe on 16 December 1961 intent on exposing the failure of the National Party's policies after the economy would be threatened by foreigners' unwillingness to risk investing in the country.[52] He closed his statement with these words: "During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to the struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die."[37]

Yes, this man was a terrorist, and the Apartheid regime wasn't, makes sense right? Because apparently the Apartheid regime wasn't in US's black list, but surely they weren't killing innocent Africans here and there.

I see where you're coming from, notice you're driving on the wrong side of the road. I said the labelling game doesn't make sense based on official government explanation of why a person or a group is in the black list, but it does make sense if you see it in "an ally" vs "an enemy". The South African resistance movement was an enemy of US because the Apartheid was their ally, simple, it makes sense. But the actual definition of the word being used as a label doesn't make sense therefore making it just a word of propaganda and can only be used in propaganda arenas.

There is the actual definition of the word terrorism, then there is a list created by different governments not based on the actual definition, but based on other reasons, for example whether a group is helping the "X's" interests, or working against "X's" interests.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I didn't go by what he said.I went by his actions. I don't think blowing up water and gas and utilities will stop apartheid back then. It would only have hurt the regular citizens. He didn't want to hurt the "Diamond" industry there even though it was harming people. Sounds like he was only in it for the greater good of his self and not the people.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
reply to post by confreak

I didn't go by what he said.I went by his actions. I don't think blowing up water and gas and utilities will stop apartheid back then. It would only have hurt the regular citizens. He didn't want to hurt the "Diamond" industry there even though it was harming people. Sounds like he was only in it for the greater good of his self and not the people.

But I'm talking about the terminology of terrorism and how and why people are labelled based on that term, and I clearly mentioned that it doesn't make sense, because the term's definition isn't used rather there are other reasoning behind the use of terminology.

I also mentioned that the Apartheid regime committed acts of terror, but that didn't help America put the Apartheid regime in its "black list" or "terrorist list", in the other hand the US regime actually helped the Apartheid regime just like Israel did.

And can you please quote the section of the Wikipedia article where it states that he blew up water and gas utilities so that we may discuss it. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Those whom are under the spell of propaganda are conditioned into finding comfort in commonly-accepted definitions, and when a particular "catch phrase" or "meme" is created, the system channels specific attitudes and emotions so that anyone that questions or behaves along specific lines of reasoning is specifically attributed and coralled into the abovementioned definitions. Thus, before a person can elaborate or desribe thier true behaviours and attitudes, public observers are programmed with a specific definition of association.
edit on 8-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nelson Mandela is an evil man. You can see video clips of him on youtube calling for the genocide and death to all white people. Look up the Boer genocide where the white south africans are being killed by the black ruling government.

top topics

join