It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris Poll: If Ron Paul Won GOP Nomination, He Would Split Vote With Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm amazed that this kind of story is getting published. Giving 'radical' thinkers hope and all.
www.thestatecolumn.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was listening to fox news on AM radio this evening on the way to class and the host was asking for people of age 30 or younger to call in, and there were many callers who claimed Ron Paul was their man in 2012. That was somewhat encouraging to me, being a Paul supporter myself. However, every single one of them just had to throw the Kennedy and Reagan Assassination((s)/attempt) [--yeah, I used a double set parenthesis, followed with this bracketed disclaimer. Deal with it--], which took away greatly from their credit... one guy even went off air as he was ranting about the Federal Reserve assassinating any president who brings it up, etc. While I don't necessarily have a strong opinion one way or the other on the conspiracy side of the issue, it definitely makes the non-conspiracy supporters look just the opposite. I am all about the energy and youth of the Ron Paul movement, but there needs to be some sort of open forum to discuss grassroots strategy or something. Not only will it help out the cause, but I believe people could respect a campaign with all their ideas in the open... but I have been known to make mistakes... from time to time.

Back to the topic, I don't really know how to react to the article. It's fair in the sense that Ron Paul is usually excluded in these discussions, yet unfair in the sense he's really only running in third place by their calculations. And it seems odd that the best republican candidate is only leading 53% to 47% against Obama. I expected a much wider gap. Interesting article, nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

Edit to add: The host was being more than fair with these "conspiracy" Paulists, if you will, but that just kinda added to that uncomfortable feeling that lingers after a youthful conspiracy rant...
edit on 27-7-2011 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

join