It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt and Koch, the oil families and their control over the right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower [1]

Within that quote he was talking about H.L. Hunt and how he wanted to destroy the social safety net. Now I did a search about this guy and quickly it turned up some interesting results. This man, according to conspiracy theories, was involved with the assassination of JFK. [2]

Not just that but he was a right-winger who said democracy was the devil's work and was an outright lunatic. [3] He died in the early 70s so obviously he would have nothing to do with today's politics BUT what about his descendants?

Well apparently Nelson Bunker Hunt (son of H.L. Hunt) played a very important role in the discovery of oil in Libya before Qaddafi nationalized it [4]. He currently owns a Dallas based Titan Resource Corp. which is involved in oil exploration in North Africa [5] along with the Hunt Exploration and Mining Company. He also serves as a member of the Council of the John Birch Society and is very active in conservative causes.

Ray Lee Hunt inherited most of his father, H.L. Hunt's, Hunt Oil Company. He made a huge oil discovery in Yemen back in 1984 and was involved in an oil deal with Kurdistan which undermined Bush's policy in Iraq but apparently Bush knew about this deal and supported it. This oil deal with Kurdistan would have ignored the Iraqi government entirely. He also served on President Bush’s ‘President’s Intelligence Advisory Board’. [6][7] Hunt Oil Company was also involved in much more oil operations abroad in Peru and Iraq. [8]

So... Eisenhower warned about H.L. Hunt and his opposition to the social welfare system and now his sons are making money in the oil business in three countries were are currently intervening in; Yemen, Libya, and Iraq. Not to mention Afghanistan had the huge mineral deposits worth $1 trillion and they own a mining company too. [9]

They are obviously active and politics while also holding a lot of wealth. I could easily see another person Eisenhower was talking about when he said the 'others' being father Koch which has left us with the horrible Koch brothers which we know have been buying up the right.

PAPANTONIO: They were worried about the millions that billionaire H.L. Hunt and Fred Koch, you know, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, even back then, Fred Koch had spent millions organizing hate groups, creating TV commercials and and even distributing hundreds of thousands of wanted posters. I want to send you one of these posters, I have one in front of me. It's like a post office poster for criminals. I have a copy of the poster and here's what it says, basically. And it was paid for, understand this, it was paid for by the same people who are fomenting hate in America today.

Pronounced by Papantonio as "formenting" –

PAPANTONIO: This just happens to be the daddy or the uncle or the granddaddy. You know, the Koch family, it just goes on. They were led by H.L. Hunt. They created this poster that had a mug shot of John F. Kennedy that says, I swear to God, it's a mug shot and underneath it says, 'Wanted for Treason.' And the only thing that was missing in that poster was Palin crosshairs on John F. Kennedy's head.
[10]

Is it coincidence that two extremely wealthy oil tycoons fought against the social welfare system was Eisenhower had said then when they passed on gave their money to their children who continued their political adventures? I doubt it. The Koch Brothers and the Hunt Brothers are both involved in politics of the right-wing, we only know less about the Hunt family but that does not mean they are any less active. Do not forget they have investments in oil across the Middle East and North Africa, specifically in countries we have bombed or are currently bombing; Iraq, Libya, and Yemen. Add to that the controversial oil deal with Kurdistan that Bush supported which infuriated the Iraqi government while that Hunt served as an advisor.

Then we have the Koch brothers who are funding the right big time while attacking environmentalism and funding opposition to global warming as man-made. They also have been adamant about ending the current size of government by fighting to kill social security and other social programs. [11]

Koch Brothers are also said to have bought the Tea Party movement. [12][13][14] Now we know several Republican governors and even one Senator for sure is beholden to the Koch brothers; Bob McDonnell, Rick Perry,[15] Rick Scott, John Kasich,[16] Scott Walker, [17][18] and Scott Brown. [19]

At least if you do not want to listen to me, listen to President Dwight D. Eisenhower, the man who warned us about the Military Industrial Congressional Complex. These wealthy oil families from the South have been, since his time even, been going after the social safety net relentlessly. They now bankroll the tea party and much of the GOP, conservative media, and worked with Bush.

1 - urbanlegends.about.com...://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential%2Dpapers/first%2Dterm/documents/1147.cfm
2 – McClellan, Barr, Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K., Hannover House 2003
3 – en.wikipedia.org...
4 – Lauterpacht, Elihu; Greenwood, C. J. (1984). International Law Reports. 66. Cambridge University Press. p. 340
5 - www.bloomberg.com...
6 - www.slate.com...
7 - www.nytimes.com...
8 - topics.nytimes.com...
9 - www.nytimes.com...
10 - newsbusters.org...
11 - www.guardian.co.uk...
12 - www.nytimes.com...
13 - www.usnews.com...
14 - www.guardian.co.uk...
15 - www.politico.com...
16 - www.postonpolitics.com...
17 - motherjones.com...
18 - www.youtube.com...
19 - www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I am giving this thread a bump so that people have the opportunity to view it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Some additional links related to my OP:

www.boston.com...
www.dailykos.com...
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The oil families are tied up in everything, health insurance etc.

Of course they prefer a privatised system, they make more money and at the same time treat people like liabilites when it comes to healthcare.

I often winder why alternative energy hasnt become more popular as yet, it is because the oil tycoons have to much control and they know they their wealth is finite. Although at the same time they are un-educated, because instead of looking toward the future and new opportunities, they have no real ambition or real intelligence. They are only rich and powerfull because they found oil in their backyards so to speak.

These people will eventually fail!

It's sad to see that oil tycoons control alot of power, not only in the US but around the world. They got lucky! Not smart....

Thanks for the topic and nice thread

edit on 27-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'll agree with you that these people may not be good people but that doesn't mean social security is a good system. If anything social security needs to be abolished with or without the Koch Konspiracy.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

What has this thread to do with social security?

Go plug your agenda somewhere else.

Anyway, yeah the Koch brothers are quite big players in the field, but don't underestimate the Rothschild's either, they have a lot of money into State Street Corporation and Shell.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So the Koch Bros have spent 100 million over thirty yrs on political causes.
en.wikipedia.org...

And little Georgey Sorros alone has spent...................

Time magazine in 2007 ............. noting that Soros has given $742 million to projects in the U.S., and given away a total of more than $7 billion

en.wikipedia.org...

In spite of strong opposition from within Congress, the Select Committee to Investigate Tax-Exempt Foundations and Comparable Organizations was formed in April 1952 and turned over to Congressman Carrol Reece of Tennessee.

It was this committee that Norman Dodd served as the chief investigator, and it is in that capacity that we now see him at the New York offices of the Ford Foundation. We are now in the year 1954, and we hear Mr. Gaither say to Mr. Dodd, “Would you be interested in knowing what we do here at the Ford Foundation?” And Mr. Dodd says, “Yes! That’s exactly why I’m here. I would be very interested, sir.” Then, without any prodding at all, Gaither says, “Mr. Dodd, we operate in response to directives, the substance of which is that we shall use our grant making power to alter life in the United States so that it can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union.”
Dodd almost falls off of his chair when he hears that. Then he says to Gaither, “Well, sir, you can do anything you please with your grant making powers, but don’t you think you have an obligation to make a disclosure to the American people? You enjoy tax exemption, which means you are indirectly subsidized by taxpayers, so, why don’t you tell the Congress and the American people what you just told me?” And Gaither replies, “We would never dream of doing such a thing.”

www.freedomforceinternational.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

... and? You are intentionally avoiding the point of my OP and have decided to instead say "look here George Soros has bankrolled the left by spending far more than the Koch brothers!" Well I never said the left was not bankrolled, I never said the Koch brothers were the biggest political spenders in America, and I never said they were the only ones vying for control. I was simply pointing out the correlation between today's politics and the people involved with the quote by President Eisenhower.

You have come here with an agenda and that I do not appreciate.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You are the one with the agenda, that is quite clear.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
reply to post by Misoir

You are the one with the agenda, that is quite clear.

Would you mind actually responding to my thread or do you find it more productive to waste other people's time?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Some are saying that the major tactic used against the people of the United States is the divide and conquer tactic.
The main tenant of this tactic is to weave two opposing threads of thought into the political discourse.

Now as I see it, the thing about these threads of thought is that they are ideologies. Belief systems based on absolute conceptions of reality. Right or wrong makes no matter. What matters is that both story lines are coherent. Two coherent paths of thought that lead people against each other.

Your post as posted is but a slender account, a minimal rendition of one of these two major thought threads. It inevitably runs afoul of those who hold to the other train of thought. Certainly you are aware of the scope of "proof", of well strung together historical interpretations and ideas which comprise the elements of the story which seems to oppose the story which you have presented in your OP

I found no agenda in your OP other than making an attempt to present in a clear and uncomplicated manner, facts and relationships which have a manipulated effect on American society.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower [1]

Within that quote he was talking about H.L. Hunt and how he wanted to destroy the social safety net. Now I did a search about this guy and quickly it turned up some interesting results. This man, according to conspiracy theories, was involved with the assassination of JFK. [2]

Not just that but he was a right-winger who said democracy was the devil's work and was an outright lunatic. [3] He died in the early 70s so obviously he would have nothing to do with today's politics BUT what about his descendants?

Well apparently Nelson Bunker Hunt (son of H.L. Hunt) played a very important role in the discovery of oil in Libya before Qaddafi nationalized it [4]. He currently owns a Dallas based Titan Resource Corp. which is involved in oil exploration in North Africa [5] along with the Hunt Exploration and Mining Company. He also serves as a member of the Council of the John Birch Society and is very active in conservative causes.

Ray Lee Hunt inherited most of his father, H.L. Hunt's, Hunt Oil Company. He made a huge oil discovery in Yemen back in 1984 and was involved in an oil deal with Kurdistan which undermined Bush's policy in Iraq but apparently Bush knew about this deal and supported it. This oil deal with Kurdistan would have ignored the Iraqi government entirely. He also served on President Bush’s ‘President’s Intelligence Advisory Board’. [6][7] Hunt Oil Company was also involved in much more oil operations abroad in Peru and Iraq. [8]

So... Eisenhower warned about H.L. Hunt and his opposition to the social welfare system and now his sons are making money in the oil business in three countries were are currently intervening in; Yemen, Libya, and Iraq. Not to mention Afghanistan had the huge mineral deposits worth $1 trillion and they own a mining company too. [9]

They are obviously active and politics while also holding a lot of wealth. I could easily see another person Eisenhower was talking about when he said the 'others' being father Koch which has left us with the horrible Koch brothers which we know have been buying up the right.

PAPANTONIO: They were worried about the millions that billionaire H.L. Hunt and Fred Koch, you know, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, even back then, Fred Koch had spent millions organizing hate groups, creating TV commercials and and even distributing hundreds of thousands of wanted posters. I want to send you one of these posters, I have one in front of me. It's like a post office poster for criminals. I have a copy of the poster and here's what it says, basically. And it was paid for, understand this, it was paid for by the same people who are fomenting hate in America today.

Pronounced by Papantonio as "formenting" –

PAPANTONIO: This just happens to be the daddy or the uncle or the granddaddy. You know, the Koch family, it just goes on. They were led by H.L. Hunt. They created this poster that had a mug shot of John F. Kennedy that says, I swear to God, it's a mug shot and underneath it says, 'Wanted for Treason.' And the only thing that was missing in that poster was Palin crosshairs on John F. Kennedy's head.
[10]

Is it coincidence that two extremely wealthy oil tycoons fought against the social welfare system was Eisenhower had said then when they passed on gave their money to their children who continued their political adventures? I doubt it. The Koch Brothers and the Hunt Brothers are both involved in politics of the right-wing, we only know less about the Hunt family but that does not mean they are any less active. Do not forget they have investments in oil across the Middle East and North Africa, specifically in countries we have bombed or are currently bombing; Iraq, Libya, and Yemen. Add to that the controversial oil deal with Kurdistan that Bush supported which infuriated the Iraqi government while that Hunt served as an advisor.

Then we have the Koch brothers who are funding the right big time while attacking environmentalism and funding opposition to global warming as man-made. They also have been adamant about ending the current size of government by fighting to kill social security and other social programs. [11]

Koch Brothers are also said to have bought the Tea Party movement. [12][13][14] Now we know several Republican governors and even one Senator for sure is beholden to the Koch brothers; Bob McDonnell, Rick Perry,[15] Rick Scott, John Kasich,[16] Scott Walker, [17][18] and Scott Brown. [19]

At least if you do not want to listen to me, listen to President Dwight D. Eisenhower, the man who warned us about the Military Industrial Congressional Complex. These wealthy oil families from the South have been, since his time even, been going after the social safety net relentlessly. They now bankroll the tea party and much of the GOP, conservative media, and worked with Bush.

1 - urbanlegends.about.com...://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential%2Dpapers/first%2Dterm/documents/1147.cfm
2 – McClellan, Barr, Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K., Hannover House 2003
3 – en.wikipedia.org...
4 – Lauterpacht, Elihu; Greenwood, C. J. (1984). International Law Reports. 66. Cambridge University Press. p. 340
5 - www.bloomberg.com...
6 - www.slate.com...
7 - www.nytimes.com...
8 - topics.nytimes.com...
9 - www.nytimes.com...
10 - newsbusters.org...
11 - www.guardian.co.uk...
12 - www.nytimes.com...
13 - www.usnews.com...
14 - www.guardian.co.uk...
15 - www.politico.com...
16 - www.postonpolitics.com...
17 - motherjones.com...
18 - www.youtube.com...
19 - www.youtube.com...

Big oil,war profiteers, and Big Investor pretty much owns the republicans.

So democrats are Big Banker and Globalists.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
So the Koch Bros have spent 100 million over thirty yrs on political causes.
en.wikipedia.org...

And little Georgey Sorros alone has spent...................

Time magazine in 2007 ............. noting that Soros has given $742 million to projects in the U.S., and given away a total of more than $7 billion

en.wikipedia.org...

Next time you might want to check your links before posting them. George Soros Soros wasn't a big donator in politics until the 2004 election. And even then it was nowhere near the amount you are implying.

United States In an interview with The Washington Post on November 11, 2003, Soros said that removing President George W. Bush from office was the "central focus of my life" and "a matter of life and death." He said he would sacrifice his entire fortune to defeat President Bush, "if someone guaranteed it." Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, $2.5 million to MoveOn.org, and $20 million to America Coming Together. These groups worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election. On September 28, 2004 he dedicated more money to the campaign and kicked off his own multi-state tour with a speech: Why We Must Not Re-elect President Bush delivered at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The online transcript to this speech received many hits after Dick Cheney accidentally referred to FactCheck.org as "factcheck.com" in the Vice Presidential debate, causing the owner of that domain to redirect all traffic to Soros's site. Asked in 2006 about his statement in The Age of Fallibility that "the main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States", Soros responded that "it happens to coincide with the prevailing opinion in the world. And I think that's rather shocking for Americans to hear. The United States sets the agenda for the world. And the rest of the world has to respond to that agenda. By declaring a 'war on terror' after September 11, we set the wrong agenda for the world. [...] when you wage war, you inevitably create innocent victims." Soros was not a large donor to US political causes until the 2004 presidential election, but according to the Center for Responsive Politics, during the 2003–2004 election cycle, Soros donated $23,581,000 to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating President Bush. A 527 group is a type of American tax-exempt organization named after a section of the United States tax code, 26 U.S.C. § 527. After Bush's re-election, Soros and other donors backed a new political fundraising group called Democracy Alliance, which supports progressive causes and the formation of a stronger progressive infrastructure in America. In August 2009, Soros donated $35 million to the state of New York to be ear-marked for under-privileged children and given to parents who had benefit cards at the rate of $200 per child aged 3 through 17, with no limit as to the number of children that qualified. An additional $140 million was put into the fund by the state of New York from money they had received from the 2009 federal recovery act. On October 26, 2010, Soros donated $1 million, the largest donation in the campaign, to the Drug Policy Alliance to fund Proposition 19, that would have legalized marijuana in the state of California if it had passed in the November 2, 2010 elections.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Koch Bros are just mere bit players compared to the machinations of Sorros - let alone what this creepy guy with a self admitted 'god complex' is upto in other parts of the world!

GUIDE TO THE GEORGE SOROS NETWORK

George Soros is one of the most powerful men on earth. A New York hedge fund manager, he has amassed a personal fortune estimated at about $13 billion (as of 2009). His company, Soros Fund Management, controls at least another $25 billion in investor assets. Since 1979, Soros's foundation network -- whose flagship is the Open Society Institute (OSI) -- has dispensed more than $5 billion to a multitude of organizations whose objectives are consistent with those of Soros. With assets of $1.93 billion as of 2008, OSI alone donates scores of millions of dollars annually to these various groups

. Following is a sampling of the major agendas advanced by groups that Soros and OSI support financially. Listed under each category heading are a few OSI donees fitting that description.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

GUESS WHICH SOCIALIST BILLIONAIRE HAS MONITARY TIES TO OVER 30 MAJOR NEWS ORGANIZATIONS? WHY ITS GEORGE SOROS OF COURSE! 05-13-2011 2:11 am - Dan Gainor - FoxNews.com Editor's note: This is the first of a two part series on George Soros and the media. When liberal investor George Soros gave $1.8 million to National Public Radio , it became part of the firestorm of controversy that jeopardized NPR’s federal funding. But that gift only hints at the widespread influence the controversial billionaire has on the mainstream media. Soros, who spent $27 million trying to defeat President Bush in 2004, has ties to more than 30 mainstream news outlets – including The New York Times, Washington Post, the Associated Press, NBC and ABC. Prominent journalists like ABC’s Christiane Amanpour and former Washington Post editor and now Vice President Len Downie serve on boards of operations that take Soros cash. This despite the Society of Professional Journalists' ethical code stating: “avoid all conflicts real or perceived.” This information is part of an upcoming report by the Media Research Centers Business & Media Institute which has been looking into George Soros and his influence on the media.

GUESS WHICH SOCIALIST BILLIONAIRE HAS MONITARY TIES TO OVER 30 MAJOR NEWS ORGANIZATIONS? WHY ITS GEORGE SOROS OF COURSE!
05-13-2011 2:11 am - Dan Gainor - FoxNews.com
Editor's note: This is the first of a two part series on George Soros and the media.

When liberal investor George Soros gave $1.8 million to National Public Radio , it became part of the firestorm of controversy that jeopardized NPR’s federal funding. But that gift only hints at the widespread influence the controversial billionaire has on the mainstream media. Soros, who spent $27 million trying to defeat President Bush in 2004, has ties to more than 30 mainstream news outlets – including The New York Times, Washington Post, the Associated Press, NBC and ABC.

Prominent journalists like ABC’s Christiane Amanpour and former Washington Post editor and now Vice President Len Downie serve on boards of operations that take Soros cash. This despite the Society of Professional Journalists' ethical code stating: “avoid all conflicts real or perceived.”

This information is part of an upcoming report by the Media Research Centers Business & Media Institute which has been looking into George Soros and his influence on the media.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

So democrats are Big Banker and Globalists.

So are Republicans...they love free trade and often side with the banks as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Another excellent thread Misoir.

They are deeply engraved in our politics. I made a thread about a month ago that showed how much money the Koch bros (and Soros) were using to corrupt our political system. (It's a rule of law, if someone makes a koch bros thread....someone will mention soros by the end of the first page of the thread :lol

The Koch bros are extremists, born with incredible wealth and have no idea how it is for the common man to live....nor do they care.

new topics

top topics

join