It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this have been done....... intentionally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
As we all know the united states economy is well terrible and other than a few decimal rises in unimportant matters there is no actual improvement. Most Americans are struggling as it is and now we get a 100 mile an hour foot ball to the stomach . The possibility of a default. How perfect were gonna get kicked while were down.

I cannot shake the felling that this is being planned or has been planned. The government is failing to reach an agreement like children in the back seat of a car. So use your intellectual abilities for just a minute (thats all I ask). These people in congress are smart people(i know right) but seriously they have worked their way up went through law school and even tricked the public to vote for them. They know what life is like for us and they know what it will be like after a default.

THEY KNOW

There must be something going on. I wont go on and on about the new world order but it fits.... perfectly. Maybe there is personal gain at stake I mean there always about that. But really I don't know thats why I'm opening this thread because someone can connect 1 and 2 and figure it out better than me.

So ats....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
NAH! Just because they're saying if we don't pass a budget it will lower our credit score when it was already lowered in late april is just an mistake!
What would really suck is if they were crooked as well as incompetent.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

I agree with pretty much everything you said. This situation is being manipulated and someone, who I don't know, is going to be coming out of this smelling like roses.

However, I wonder if they really do "know".

Often times I believe the folks in D.C. are completely clueless about the everyday person's daily trials. Personally, I wonder if they haven't become totally out of touch, or totally corrupted. Neither being a good scenario.

Example, Mitt Romney talking to unemployed people in Florida:

What happens when you combine actual people, a discussion of unemployment and the candidate himself? You get this, from Jeff Zeleny, on the stump with Romney in Tampa, Fla.:

"I should tell my story," Mr. Romney said. "I'm also unemployed."

He chuckled. The eight people gathered around him, who had just finished talking about strategies of finding employment in a slow-to-recover economy, joined him in laughter.

Mitt Romney Says He Is Also An Unemployed Person In America

Well Mitt, most folks in America do not have a net worth exceeding $200 Million.

Unemployed? Sure hope it stays that way!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

hmm well I will never know the government may be alot different if it even exists in a decade

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There are a lot of issues and conflicts going on, personal wealth, corruption, mismanagement, structure of the economy, power, control and greed to name a few. At the core of the problem I see a lack of integrity in the system, financial regulation has been hacked apart, lobbying is political bribery and so many crimes go unaccountable as resources are diverted and stories hidden away.

The problem I see going on is called 'the tragedy of the commons' and it marks the decline of a civilisation as resources are depleted from people too focused on their own interest and not the social interest. Over fishing and extinction of a species is one example, but there are many through out the history books. The current resource under threat is money, which is silly as it is just numbers and there are lots of them. But it is more about the ego as people fight for control over others, yet are unable to fulfil all the needs like the individual can. This results in the system of organisation breaking down as the full spectrum of supply and demand cannot be achieved due to interference of third parties as they play their game with these numbers.

To get to the heart of the problem and how this corruption has been allowed to take hold, the unresolved events of 9/11 has further enhanced a culture of lies and deception leaving a trail of confusion. Without any integrity, money, governance and the legal system is worthless and society will collapse. Reinvestigate 9/11 and clean out the mess before you all die in the growing waste of lies.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

yes and all that I said goes for the lobbyists also they all make you wander sometimes
edit on 27-7-2011 by willydude89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Well, FDR said that there were no coincidences, if something happened in the world it was planned.

But to continue from there... We have to remember that the Federal Reserve - which has caused a lot of this - is a Central Bank, and a privately owned one at that. ALL the other Central Banks in the world are owned by one family, the Rothschilds. Similarly, when the legislation for the Federal Reserve and the US Income Tax was written on Jekyl Island it was written by bankers, and Paul Warburg, Rothschilds representative, was on hand as well. So here is a family which is profiting from the printing of most major country's currency since they lend this currency to the country in question at interest. This goes on in our country (US) as well,

Additionally, this family has profited extravagantly from lending money to both sides of every war that you or I have ever heard of in recent history. Indeed the Hessians of Revolutionary War fame was provided and collected for by the very first Rothschild.

Today the same powers that fought to get the Federal Reserve Act in place, and fought against the Glass-Steigel act - which kept this from happening for so long - are the same powers which worked to remove regulations and repealed the Glass-Steigel act. That is not to say that the same personalities were involved of course, but corporations live forever, so to speak.

Now to think that a group who has worked long and so successfully to get exactly what they want, and to make exorbitant fortunes for centuries suddenly dropped the ball and messed up is, with respect, like trying to begin again to believe in the Easter Bunny. This was planned, calculated, and practiced until they had this honed down to a fine art.

The Republicans caused this by approving George Bush Jr.'s wild spending spree for weapons to rout out the terrorists which we had helped in the past, and whose family's home George Sr. vacationed at! Boehner, who now opposes the raising of the debt ceiling was actually one of the guys who voted to allow George Jr.'s blank check mentality. In fact, Bush went so far as to purchase 36 V-class subs. The V-class was designed to hunt Russian subs - except that there are no more Russian subs. But none of this has been mentioned on the nightly news. The GOP approved the creation of this debt, and now they don't want to pay for it.

But as Greg Palast (Guardian, Ring of Fire, Air America) posted recently;

Solution: Don't pay the banksters There's another wrong assumption controlling this debate over debt, that the banks, the debt holders, must be paid. When the bankers and the Chinese and the Saudis lent Bush three trillion dollars for his wild-ass buying party, they were betting, like any investor, on the good faith of the borrower to pay it back.

So, let Hu Jintao and King Abdullah stick a collection agency on Cantor and the other Republican shirkers. Repossess their limousines or send The Boys around to remind Cantor what happens when you don't pay what you owe.

He also has some common sense advice for the President.

The President should say to Hu, the Sheik and Goldman-Sachs: "I have identified $3 trillion in Treasury notes issued between 2001 and 2008 which were lent to fund President Bush's expenditures. Unfortunately, those who borrowed your money don't want to pay it back. You made a bad investment -- but that's how the free market works. Therefore, I am suspending payments on these Treasury notes until we can round up the deadbeats and make them live up to their commitments. "As President, I have the Constitutional duty to pay the bills of the Veterans Administration, the Social Security fund and other vital services already voted and appropriated by Congress. Military pay before banker pay. Get used to it."

Kind of puts it into perspective, huh?

This is not about money. This is about breaking the United States of America, and putting us into a debt slavery whose scope alone makes it ludicrous. This is the Flim-Flam and one worthy of the George C, Scott movie of the same name.

But all that aside for a moment, let's consider this. None of us had anything to do with this. Our council was not asked. We did not stand to benefit from it one iota, and the whole thing was based on assigning fictitious value to assets that had no real tangible value. The whole thing is as bizarre and twisted as a scene from Alice In Wonderland.

Why are we not up in arms like the Greeks or the French? Because we have been dumbed down through our education system since it was created. Carnegie has spent much more on US education than the US ever has. What does that say? It should speak volumes.

What was Carnegie paying for? Self sufficient men who could fend for themselves in the spirit of our founding generation? Or factory workers? Carnegie was in steel so these were not even easy factory jobs, these were foundries. True, at the Carnegie-Mellon (Mellon = ALCOA) Institute they are the top school for robotics right now. And Lo and behold we the factory workers are being phased out in favor of $3 a day workers in the third world. You can bet your bottom dollar when the robotics is developed enough and in place these replacement workers will be phased out for being too costly as well.

Is this an accident then? I hardly think so.

Ittabena

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It wasn't long ago we loaded our military planes with the wealth of the Philippines (gold/currency) and helped the leader there flee.....

Well....it's time for us to get our money back again.

China & Saudi Arabia....Mexico...Central America.....

History just repeats itself as we reach out to get the resources we need. Everything else is just technicalities.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The problem is that there is a coalition of rank amateur ideologues who are holding the republican party by the gonads. These are the people who were elected by the Tea Party (formally the wingnut social conservatives) These people look at the complex issue of running a major economy - with simplistic notions based on the fact that if you pay the interest on your car note - everything will be ok and we will just catch up month. They apply the same simplistic ideas to the support and sustenance of a population of 305 million people. They apply even more simplistic ideas of what it takes to be a world leader.

It is like dealing with 12 year olds. These people see nothing wrong with driving the economy over the cliff - if they can't get things 100 percent their way. This as far as I am concerned is treasonous.

I imagine that they think that we will just crash it and rebuild it -- yeah keep plucking that chicken.

They are focused on protecting the assets of the wealthy and the large corporations at all costs - even though it is obvious that paying 15% in taxes and garnering and stagnating all of the wealth in an economy is the dumbest thing we can do.

These people sign pledges because they can't think for themselves, they are not that bright and it shows.

We are in trouble we are being held hostage by the least common denominator the people who stand on the tracks and can't see the train - all the while complaining about that loud whistle noise.

We are doomed -- Thank you Tea Party -- Thank you Grover Norquist Hello third world.

Go ahead prove me wrong.

new topics

top topics

join