It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Time For True Worldwide Multiculturism and Sharing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
In the light of the twisted Pluto cold act of savagery in Norway, by a so called defender of European traditions and history, the question has to be asked...How Do we All Come Together as one , in order that massacres like witnessed in Norway do not become common place?

Multi nationalsm and multi culturism has happenned there is no going back, now we need the job to be completed?

The west has opened up her hearts and borders to the Middle Eastern, African, Indian, Chinese masses, now to balance the Multi Culture Policy implementation,....the Middle East,( including Israel , Iran , and Turkey) the far east including China India Japan Korea and Pakistan need to accept mass migration of USA and ...

Mexican,Canadian, British, Australian,German, Norewgian, Danish, French, Dutch, Colombian, Brazilian,cuban ect peoples who wish to take the opportunitys each of these nations have to offer?

They will be protected by the host nations Police and military, and allowed to promote and practice their own religions even if it upsets the host citizens.

The mass migrants from the west must be offered a better standard of living than the nation they came from,they must be allowed to open up commerce and not be prohibited from large scale settlement of suburbs in the Host nations suburbs even if it pushes the house prices and rents up , and makes life difficult for the host nations citizens.
They must be allowed to protest and rally against the host nation , if they feel marginalised in any way.

They nust be allowed to practice their own traditions as if they were still in their own country else it goes against the ethos of Multi culturism.

Yes this would complete the worldwide conversion to multinational and multi cultural; conversion.

Would this enable us all to get along? or would the nations hosting the westerners and their beliefs and cultures react in hostility?

I do not know but perhaps this is the only course for mankind?

Old testament prophesies say this outcome is required for the true messiah of israel to be born.

We need Global multiculturism not just western world multiculturism for world peace?

I believe the Chinese Indian, Israeli Japanese ect peoples would welcome sharing their homelands with many other foreign cultures and peoples.

We in the west have on the whole shared our lands in a peaceful and generous manner, is it not time the hand of sharing is extended to the west?

After all peace is the goal.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I'm curious, what Old Testament prophecy are you talking about that says that there has to be global multi-culturism before the Messiah of Israel to be born?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Multiculturalism is an indigenous issue. This means that it takes many generations and thousands of years for the law, land and culture to adapt and find a balance. We do have global trade and the United Nations trying to steady the problems, conflicts and disagreements that do happen. Not much change happens with these issues overnight, but it does happen and as long as we can keep it together and advert the major disasters, there is a chance of getting through it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

We need a multinational effort for the signulaity that is coming within 40 years. People need to get along and there needs to be a international order.

America is the testing ground of the melting pot..to see if it works or not and bi-golly it is.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 27-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I think there are some very real issues which have to be tackled - not least of all is the 'loss of identity' of the host nation. There's also dangers of separatism within a nations boundaries which could become a very serious political and social issue further down the line.

Language for one - a host nation must insist that incomers at the very least do their damndest to learn the language - not just because it helps integration but it stops ghettoes from emerging. Part of the reason immigrants set up 'quarters' in a city is because the folks there speak a common language, share common values (but how can you learn the new ones if you don't speak the language?) and support systems for them inevitably grow up there - because that's where they are located. This all means there is no reliance on the host nation for much by way of services other than the most basic - transport, medical etc - and creates a small 'nation within a nation' - this is not good and does not bode well for integration.

It's really the most basic of all requirements and yet after decades of migration to the west there are those who still won't bother themselves to at least learn the language. It's depressing

Oz

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

WIth nanobots in our brain conncted..we human will have spi.

The signulaity will be the reason the world comes together as one.
edit on 27-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
And what about the rest of the multiverse?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
And what about the rest of the multiverse?

We will then align with our overlords in space.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It is not that time. It is time for the USA to return to isolationism. It is time to clean our own house. It is time to stop supporting and policing the world. It is time to end all foreign aid. It is time to send all illegal immigrants home. It is time to place punitive tariffs on imports. It is time to end the income tax which punishes work and enact the fair tax which discourages consumption. It is time to punish companies that outsource American jobs to other countries and hire illegal immigrants here. It is time to develop/redevelop our own oil/coal/natural gas sources and at the same time encourage solar/wind and other alternative energy sources. It is time to end the nanny state and return to independent, self reliant, free Americans.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It is not that time. It is time for the USA to return to isolationism. It is time to clean our own house. It is time to stop supporting and policing the world. It is time to end all foreign aid. It is time to send all illegal immigrants home. It is time to place punitive tariffs on imports.

Genius!! And what happens when the rest of the world responds with their own trade tariffs on US goods? And calls in the loans? And ditches the dollar as the reserve currency?

The USA has held all the cards for a long time now and the world has been forced to go along with it. The simple fact is that this situation is changing all the time now and one way or another the global economic market is changing irreversibly - it is a fact that the decline of the USA has started. Personally, i believe that America will still be top dog for a couple of decades more yet but the end is coming for being at the top of the tree.

Back to the topic,

What an interesting thread.......can see the OPs point but the statements are missing the fact that Western ideals have been pushed around the world since the formation of the Dutch East Indies Company. Possibly this is just redressing the balance?
Im British and in NO way feel ashamed or regretful for our actions around the world over the centuries - we simply did what others were trying to do. The USA has done the same but the world is changing daily and new methods need to be formulated to tie us together.

History shows very few invasive societies / ideologies that have actually been welcomed by the conquered - off the top of my head i would say the 'Vikings' (i know this is an inaccurate term but serves my purposes here) - ok they fought the locals and won but then lived alongside and with the locals of countries conquered. They allowed all religions and generally improved the lives of those common folk in the new lands acquired meaning that in a generation or so they were welcomed by indigenous populations (actually often less in terms of time scale).

Lessons? Maybe we need to inter marry and live alongside each other on a global scale. And send all fundamentalists of whatever denomination to an isolated island we can then nuke!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Your borders are imaginary and exist only in your mind. We are all humans and we all live on the same planet. Sharing ideas and ideals is a good thing. Resenting and fighting over differences is not. For a patch of dirt, people will kill each other. For paper and metal. For different gods and ancient books.
Perhaps human race is not ready for it yet. In time, we will outgrow this need to murder others of our kind out of jealousy or hate. It is still the dark ages.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

It is not that time. It is time for the USA to return to isolationism. It is time to clean our own house. It is time to stop supporting and policing the world. It is time to end all foreign aid. It is time to send all illegal immigrants home. It is time to place punitive tariffs on imports.

Genius!! And what happens when the rest of the world responds with their own trade tariffs on US goods? And calls in the loans? And ditches the dollar as the reserve currency?
Umm...Who cares? The US still has the ability to be pretty much self sufficient. We have enough energy resources, and we have enough of pretty much everything else. The whole point of punitive tariffs is to bring jobs back home. To make it profitable and cost effective to use our own resources. We need to return to the self reliant industrialized nation we used to be. This other stuff does not work.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It is not that time. It is time for the USA to return to isolationism. It is time to clean our own house. It is time to stop supporting and policing the world. It is time to end all foreign aid. It is time to send all illegal immigrants home. It is time to place punitive tariffs on imports. It is time to end the income tax which punishes work and enact the fair tax which discourages consumption. It is time to punish companies that outsource American jobs to other countries and hire illegal immigrants here. It is time to develop/redevelop our own oil/coal/natural gas sources and at the same time encourage solar/wind and other alternative energy sources. It is time to end the nanny state and return to independent, self reliant, free Americans.

This post of yours would have been a great rallying speech for millions of US soldiers prior to the wars of the last century.
But time has moved on ...and profiteers make more money selling the USA rather than arming Americans to defend it.
It is the same in every western nation.
So it is time for Multiculturism to be introduced in rapid effect to such nations as China, Israel, Japan , India,ect so the sharing of cultures can be evenly distributed.
This is fair and logical...it is good for the west so it should be good for the east and middle east?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

So basically when you say send the illegal immigrants back home does that mean giving the land back to the native tribes? Because honestly I think they'd like that idea a lot.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

So basically when you say send the illegal immigrants back home does that mean giving the land back to the native tribes? Because honestly I think they'd like that idea a lot.

Indeed. This is an especially good point, seeing as how the majority of Mexicans (being the group most often demonized for immigrating to the United States illegally) are, in fact, of Native American mixed Spanish-Native American descent.
edit on 28-7-2011 by AgentSteep because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by AgentSteep because: clarification, correction of superlatives

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

so you go around the world invading other countries for their resources causing all sorts of problems. Now you just want to pick up your ball and take it away to play on your own. Let everyone else pick up the pieces and mend the problems your country created. Sounds about right.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
"Its Time For True Worldwide Multiculturism and Sharing?" Just be sure NOT to spread your cooties on my traditions. Besides, I thought we are already multicultural and sharing different recipes, for example.
edit on 2011-7-28 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Here is the general problem that I have with the "multiculturalism" and "sharing" concepts. They require an amount of force to implement. Which means some form of tyranny to enforce free people, with free wills, to accept a certain way of life.

A simple exercise. What if I do not adhere to the ideas? Would I become the new social outcast? The black sheep for wanting to exercise my right, as a human being, to associate with whom I wish? To congregrate with whom I wish? To form relationships, neighborhoods, communities, etc with whom I and others of common interest wish?

This is why multiculturalism, in my opinion will never work as long as people have free choice. Each individual on this plant has a unique set of rights that they adhere to. While socially it may be disgusting and rude, I hold the right to spit. Yet, in some communities, under the guise of proper social norm, spitting is prohibited.

Yet, people think we will all live peaceably, under a set of rules that dictate our relationships, how we feel towards others, somehow wipe out natural prejudices and judgement?

That goes against my liberty leaning attitude about people.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Being part Algonquin, I am of two minds on that subject. Realistically though, there are not enough Native Americans left to inhabit the entire US even if they returned to their(for some) traditional nomadic lifestyles. My thought on that would be(in my opinion only) anybody who was born here and whose family has been here 2 generations can stay.
My real problem with illegal immigrants would be an entire thread in itself, but would boil down to this: they are not here to become Americans. They are Mexicans, or Dominicans, or Arabs(or whatever else) living in the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

so you go around the world invading other countries for their resources causing all sorts of problems. Now you just want to pick up your ball and take it away to play on your own. Let everyone else pick up the pieces and mend the problems your country created. Sounds about right.
Something I do not support. I support using our troops for defensive means only. Thus the attack against Afghanistan was(I believed at the time, now I am much less sure) justified. Iraq was not, neither are Libya, Yemen, and God knows where else we are involved.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join