It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does 3 to 4 trillion of spending cuts actually mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

David, you make a lot of sense. You are very articulate and very well educated with your replies/insights. I say YOU SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT!

Well I certainly thank you for the kind comments, but I am certainly not Presidential material....just your average, everyday schmuck eeking his way through life..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I don't think it really matters. I do not believe we can avoid the big show. There will be a major collapse of the system in the not too distant future. It's all symantics now...

The agents of government are just doing what they can to postpone the inevitable and avoid the wrath of the people. It's desperation time, hail mary.

The systemic failure is insurmountable. What needs to be done to resolve the issue would be unacceptable to the American people, leading to revolution. The failures of our elected representatives, over the last 30 years, are so deep and expansive.

They are biding their time, like a slipping climber trying to dig finger nails into granite.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by David9176
You can cut taxes to zero, end all social programs, and we will still be in the same position.

The crappier truth...

You can raise taxes to 100%, end all social programs, and we will still be in the same position.

We have a busted monetary system as well as trade system. The reason why the government will default if the debt ceiling isn't raised is because debt is needed to service debt. A return to the credit monetary system pre-1913 (without the IRS) as well as smart tariff policy will do a ton to help this country. And we can have all the social programs too.

The secret the leftist's keep to themselves is that you can have social programs, just no immigration at all. It is either immigration or social services, not both. But the leftist's want to crash the system so they can create a Sociopathic Dictatorship/Totalitarian Pathocracy.

<< 1   >>

join