It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do the Tea Party go after military spending, agricultural subsidies, etc?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
fascinating you call yourself a liberal and you defend people who dont have jobs and if something is never done they will never get one and create a real future forthemselves

as opposed to people who do have jobs and created wealth for themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
fascinating you call yourself a liberal and you defend people who dont have jobs and if something is never done they will never get one and create a real future forthemselves

as opposed to people who do have jobs and created wealth for themselves.

Holy straw man! I'm no liberal, and have never made any such claim. You, though, make many bold claims of absolute conservatism while saying the best reason to not cut the military is because those people need jobs??

Originally posted by neo96

go ahead and put millions of americans out of work go ahead make your "Real substantial cuts"

cut the soldiers pay and beneifts and all those people who depend on them spending and buying and then those people who depend on those people.

and the business and financial aspects of it now that people cant pay for their homes their kids and everyone else that depends on them.

not to mention the loss in revenue those companies that provide the military with goods and services and the people who depend on that income.

that snowballs into millions unemployed and trillions in lost revenue that effect every single person in this country.

So, again, you think the best argument for not cutting military spending is that it will put soldiers of out work?

edit on 27-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Okay, so according to neo, the tea party doesnt want to end the wars because it will put soliders out of work.

can anyone clarify this for me?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not tea party but my senator is republican so i went to a town hall meeting and there were lots of local tea partiers there - the whole back of the room, in fact. I did notice that they were very, very anti-war. A lot of them I recognized from Ron Paul's past presidential campaign.

I think the problem is the tea party leaders - the national leaders and pundits. There were 50 or so of them, and they were holding anti-war signs and that was their MAIN focus. I know them to be bright, nice people.

I just don't think that the focus of the local group that I know is translating to their leadership, who seem to be neocons and idiots.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join