It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do the Tea Party go after military spending, agricultural subsidies, etc?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just wondering if they only want to cut social security, or if they will ever get around to the big elephant in the room

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
*Sound of crickets in an empty field as we await the non-answer to this important question.*

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Good question, but it'll never happen.

One belief among the Tea Party caucus is the need for a strong military. Therefore, it looks like we'll continue to spend more than all the other countries in the world combined for military expenditures. Gotta put the hurt on those who would invade our country to try to conquer Arkansas, or anyone that wants to raise taxes on the top 2%.

In all fairness however, my area has lots of Tea Party members. While I don't often agree with them, same as they don't often agree with me, their hearts are in the right place. They genuinely want what is best for this country, that much I'm convinced of. Same attitude I have, just a different perspective.

Maybe if we started truly listening to each other in a civil manner we might make some headway with all the problems surrounding us nowadays. But that will probably never happen either.

* SIGH *

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Which Tea Party?

The Ron Paul Tea Party will go after the military hardcore and disband just about every base around the world.

The Sean Hannity Tea Party is actually the Republican Party so let us not get thrown into confusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think that it is time for party lines, or lines in general to be erased. We are one people, and there is only one common good. Ending war is for the common good, is it not? Taking care of our elderly is for the common good. So is education, or, the spreading of knowledge.

Let's make a list. Let's make a list of all the bad stuff that is wrong in this country, and think of ways to help that.

They all lead to one place.

Your labor, what you do for a living, has value. Right? Right!

The way things are right now, the value of your labor is shrinking or, worth less because bankers say so. They can do this only because our money isn't tied to something real, something tangible.

What does that mean? Why is this so bad?

When money is fiat, it has no real value. That means your LABOR has no real value. THAT is tyranny. THAT is how the global banking interests took over the WORLD in 1913. BECAUSE the dollar is the world reserve currency, it is the only currency worth hijacking.

THINK about it. In 1912 your work was worth REAL GOLD. Meaning you could take a 20 and get 1/8 oz. of gold with it.

One can argue that they can still buy gold today but at what price? My point goes to show how devalued the currency got after the fed got created.

How much gold can you buy with a 20 today?

And then it hits you. You were sold out. We all were. But it's not too late. All we need to do is read our constitution.

#article1section10

My views are my own, they do not represent any ideology except that of common sense, morality, and truth.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Mr Objectivity because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Mr Objectivity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
Which Tea Party?

The Ron Paul Tea Party will go after the military hardcore and disband just about every base around the world.

The Sean Hannity Tea Party is actually the Republican Party so let us not get thrown into confusion.

Great post, short and to the point.

The Ron Paul Tea Party is the only group willing to make the necessary cuts. Sean Hannity is a publicity shill.

I believe neither will matter soon though, the world is crushing down on the US and nothing can stop it at this point.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Never.

The Tea Party (there really isn't a Tea Party, it is just a radicalized wing of the GOP) is about one thing and one thing only. And this was CONFIRMED today by TeaBag freak show Sen. Lee of UT. They are about the utter destruction of the United States and the re-qriting of the Constitution. www.rawstory.com...

They will not succeed as they are extremely outnumbered and America will take up arms against them before they let this happen, But be assured, they are about the erradication of America and the American dream with the transfer of it's wealth to but a few.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Many in the Tea Party despise the Republican Party. Many of them lean towards the Libertarian Party if any.

The problem is with the forced "two-party" system. What a joke really, ever notice how Bush, Clinton, and Obama push the same policies? They never accomplish any of the social policies their base voted them in based on. That is because the same powers that be, pull the strings regardless.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There are many in the Tea Party who want these cuts. You must remember that the Tea Party is made up of tons of people with just a basic belief in the same thing. They don't have just 1 platform all the members adhere too.
They aren't like the Democrats or Republicans in that they all get behind one idea and follow it. You have many branching paths with reduced spending their main focus.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Just wondering if they only want to cut social security, or if they will ever get around to the big elephant in the room

Why should the government decide what is economically viable via agricultural subsidies? If whatever the subsidies were going for were viable, they wouldn't need the government propping them up. I'm shocked all Democrats aren't demanding they be cut. With the decline of the "Mom and Pop" farm structure in America, a large portion of the subsidies wind up in the pockets of those deemed "Rich" (making $250,000+ a year), or put differently, Corporations. Last I heard, the Liberal Platform was that that the rich had to pay more taxes and give up their tax breaks and loopholes. Wouldn't taking away corporate subsidies be not only a way to save money, but essentially be a tax increase? Both the Tea Party and the Liberals can walk away happy.

There is no reason, with modern technology, that we need 200+ military bases around the world. Consolidate them. Military spending cuts realized.

Can you provide something to back up the Social Security comment?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As others said: Ron Paul would cut spending on the military establishment by bringing troops home and reducing some of the unnecessary international bases we have.

The problem though on all sides is that no one debates the merit of the ideas but instead bash groups based on their ideology regardless if it is correct or not. This is not a sign of the enlightened society we should be.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
reply to post by Scytherius

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Many in the Tea Party despise the Republican Party. Many of them lean towards the Libertarian Party if any.

The problem is with the forced "two-party" system. What a joke really, ever notice how Bush, Clinton, and Obama push the same policies? They never accomplish any of the social policies their base voted them in based on. That is because the same powers that be, pull the strings regardless.

And anyone who doesn't see the problem with the two party oligarchy is either uninformed or a shill. I'm sorry I have to categorize in this way but it is time to inform the masses and expose the shills.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Objectivity

''

Star for you!

I dream of the day that we have 7 real candidates for President and any one of which could win

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Objectivity

There is not room for a third party that is different enough on the issues to validate itself. The current issues of the day are pretty well covered by either the dems on one side or the republicans on the other. I don't know how a third party can be different enough on the majority of issues to distinguish itself to be legitamate contender. It would end up like the Tea Party, pretty much republican with a few differences.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
Which Tea Party?

There's a reason that Dr. Paul doesn't utter the words "Tea Party" any more. He knows they have wandered from his message and down a path of evil since they got high-jacked by America Inc. I refuse to connect the two at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Really? Have you ever noticed how similar the two parties are when they are in power? If you didn't know the initial by their name you couldn't tell them apart!

Free your mind.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

You may have noticed that we've had 3rd party's on the ticket for a long time and yet they never get much of the vote. Why do you think that is?

Free your mind man and look at facts.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Follow the $$$$. The third parties are cast to the side by the millions spent by TPTB to keep the selection to the two that they control. The elections since Kennedy have been a fraud, we live in a Dictatorship controlled by the financial power brokers of our time.

We may never see a real free election in our time.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Good question, but it'll never happen.

One belief among the Tea Party caucus is the need for a strong military. Therefore, it looks like we'll continue to spend more than all the other countries in the world combined for military expenditures. Gotta put the hurt on those who would invade our country to try to conquer Arkansas, or anyone that wants to raise taxes on the top 2%.

* SIGH *

I think the most you know about the tea party is what the media has fed you. I'm very active with the tea party, at home and nationally, all but a handful of the the people I associate with at those events are anti-war.

Which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for the "left". What happened to those guys? they used to be so principled... do they just sit around bitching about people that make more money than their lazy asses now? I never see them protesting anything.....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

You can follow the money all day and it doesn't change the fact that there are not enough sides on an issue for a third party to be relevant. It's been this way since the the Articles of the Confederation were written long before corporations were interfering.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join