It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they got the explosives in the buildings; the easiest part of the puzzle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I keep hearing the tired question: "how could they have placed the explosives in the builidings without anyone knowing about it?" Then people try to explain the logistics of what it would take to place said explosives, explaining how difficult it would be, how many hundreds of people would be involved, how it couldn't be done without anyone knowing. And how come nobody has talked?

The first time I heard this question, I knew the answer. It's very simple actually. How could they place the explosives without anyone seeing them do it? They couldn't. They did it while everybody was watching.

Anyone who has ever worked in an office complex can figure it out as easily as I could. That's how I figured it out, I've worked at several office complexes. I remember one in particular; 3 buildings, one that was 20 floors, the second, 18 and the third 12. There were 6 elevators in each builiding, 18 in all. These buildings, were more recent than the WTC. There was always at least one elevator broken, plus regular maintenance to do; and elevators require a lot of maintenance. The tech from the elevator company only went to his office to get supplies once a week or so. In the morning, he came straight to the buildings and at night he went home. Often he had someone helping him out. So every day, we'd see people working on the elevators. They did this in front of everybody, no questions asked.

Telephones were another fun part. My unit moved from one building to the other. I was the boss, so I had to handle a lot of the things myself. I remember talking to the girl who installed the phones. I thought she was an office worker as I saw her everyday. Like the elevator guy, she came to the buildings straight every morning and left them to go home. She would report to her company's offices once every 2 weeks; there was that much work.

Now when she installed new lines, she would always run new wires. It was policy not to use wires that were already in place in case one of the wires was faulty. They could have tested the wires, of course, but she said it was faster not to bother and they could simply bill us for the new wires.

The buildings were about 30 years old at the time. Can you imagine how much unused wire (most of it in perfectly good condition) was running through those buildings?

I should mention I worked for the Canadian federal government at the time and all 3 buildings were leased (but not owned) by the governemnt.

This phone tech did installations and repairs only for the branch of government I worked for. Meaning there must have been a dozen others like her in all three buildings.

Then there's computer techs. Remember that when these buildings were built, people used terminals (those who had computers). As systems evolved, more cable was run through the buildings, again without removal of older, still perfectly good cables.

How many techs would one see everyday working on the innards of a building? Plenty.

Then there's repairs. Always something to repair or renovate in these old buildings. Always crews going about.

In something the size of the WTC, you're talking hundreds of people every day working at the innards of the buildings. In plain sight. Office workers don't ask questions because they assume that they know, at least vaguely, what these people are doing. And they don't really care anyway.

So moving explosives throughout the buildings could have been done by workcrews in plain sight, most of them carrying toolboxes or pushing carts filled with "whatever". Just cover the part on the explosives that says "explosives" and nobody knows -- or cares -- what you're doing.

Connecting the explosives? As we've seen, there's plenty of unused wires going through the buildings already. And they still could have run new wires alongside new phone and/or network installations.

As for getting the explosives inside the building, no big deal either. Just bring them in through the loading dock. Take the cases, boxes, whatever, into empty office space, or space rented by a front company and distribute it from there.

Really, the only important part that's needed for this to work is to control security. Oh, that's right, they did. Even the security people would not know what was happening before their eyes. Leave orders not to question or scan certain trucks and workers. Easy enough to find a good excuse and minimum wage security guards won't ask questions anyway.

Why hasn't anybody spoken up?

As I said, security could have been party to this without their knowledge. Some people may have seen strange things happening, but they happen all the time.

They could have used regulary techies to run the cabling; they would never have known what they were doing.

Unless the techy who installed the cables talks to the guy who drilled those weird holes in the structure and to the security guy and they put all their thoughts together, they wouldn't realize they were party to this.

If you have several years to prepare this, you don't need a lot of people working on this who actually know what they're doing. Maybe 20 to 40 people. Most of these would never talk if you give them enough money. Anyone with a conscience can have an "accident". Not much to clean up all in all.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why would the government go through all this trouble and complexity just for an excuse to invade Iraq or pass the Patriot Act when a simple plan would have acheived the exact same results with a far less risk of something going wrong?

A single Al-Quieda man setting off a dirty bomb or something along those lines would have given America all the reason they needed.

If the government asked you to create something that would mobilize the American people is 9/11 what you would come up with? There are 1000 different things that have to go perfectly right for this to be pulled off. The amount of people with knowledge is far too large for comfort.

Look at the history of government cover-ups and how successful they were.

Gulf of Tonkin, Johnson couldn't even keep one little bombing incident secret and it was leaked through the pentagon papers.

Bay of Pigs. A disaster by Kennedy that didn't involve nearly the complexity of a 9/11 operation, totally blown

Watergate, Nixon couldn't even hide 2 people stealing files yet our government is gonna pull off something involving 4 jetliners and 100's of people?

Get serious and look at the big picture. Alot of people get hung up on details and do not see the forest through the trees.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was an elevator mechanic in NYC for years. I can say without any doubt that the elevators were not the means of access for explosives. This would mean that Otis Elevator Co. was involved in the plot and that the resident elevator mechanics were involved as well. The WTC complex had a dozen or so full time mechanics onsite. Those guys were there everyday for years. They developed relationships within the buildings after seeing the same people day in and day out for years. There is no way any of these guys were involved in any inside plot.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Fine. So what happens when one of your phony elevator repair men runs into a real elevator maintenance guy? Elevator repair, construction and maintenance is a heavily unionized business in New York city. They don't like seeing strangers fooling around in their elevators. And they consider them "their" elevators. Sorry, its a lot more complicated then you think. I know that its a popular plot device in movies that all you need to do is look official and have the right tools and outfit and you can walk around and do anything, but it doesn't work like that. Try it sometime. Dress up like a some kind of repair tech and walk into a Manhattan office building and start snooping around. See what happens.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Thieves use this technique all the time just act like you're suppose to be doing what you are doing. Example and this really happened in my city. Take the largest item and (canoe) and walk out of the store with it no one expects someone to be that brazen.Since then they check for store tape.But yea just look normal and nobody would know.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

You are absolutely correct. Besides they would never get past the starters desk in the lobby of any building. Or past security. I was with a different elevator company and I had to have the mechanic paged anytime I went to visit at WTC. And I went almost everyday!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament

Thieves use this technique all the time just act like you're suppose to be doing what you are doing. Example and this really happened in my city. Take the largest item and (canoe) and walk out of the store with it no one expects someone to be that brazen.Since then they check for store tape.But yea just look normal and nobody would know.

Yea that would never fly in NYC. We expect everyone to be brazen! This city was insanely paranoid even before 911 so people are always questioned as to their business and their credentials.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Don't you remember like three weeks before 9/11 the presidents cousin was in charge of security for the wtc they had run of the place for like 3 weeks..This is common knowledge right?Very easy to get away with.Btw it's not the first time a false flag to get us into war and it won't be the last little sheeple..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

What is your source of this information that is common knowledge?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Why didn't Al Queda just send a single man or two with a dirty bomb to a football stadium and blowup a crowd of 30,000+? Why did Al Queda do what they did? Why go through the trouble to hijack airplanes and run them into the towers? Then the Pentagon? When far more damage could have been done at a stadium? Wouldn't that have killed 1000's more? I mean if that's really what the terrorists were really there to do right? Why not do it right?

Few gov't secrets have gotten out, namely the ones you mention, but there are far more kept. The ones you mentioned are mostly political and involve presidents. Once the repubs or dems get ahold of something or someone they use it and make a big deal out of it to destroy said party. But look at all the secrets that haven't gotten out. The Manhattan Project involved tens of thousands of people and never a world was mentioned. The stealth bomber secrets never got out. Matter of fact I can't think of a single instance when any weapon secrets have gotten out. The truth is the gov't hides secrets all day everyday and none hardly ever get out. Don't underestimate what they can or can't keep based off a few slips through out the last 50-60 years. Since that's all that's gotten out, i'd say they're doing REALLY well at keeping secrets.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to argue with you or debate you about the 9/11 thing, but the first part of my post is always something that has lingered in my mind no matter who did it. The Gov't or Al Queda. Seriously, why pull off something as complicated as hijacking planes anyway? That requires flight skills and training, then HOPING taking over a plane goes smooth, and that's just ONE plane. Not to mention they had to hope they could take over 4. So why not just send those same men with high explosives or dirty bombs strapped to their chests to huge sporting events or any large gathering of people and blow themselves up there. One, easier to pull off, Two, damages WAY more people, Three, the amount of men used for 9/11 could have done so much more being spread out. Don't get me wrong, thank goodness they didn't do that. But as ruthless as Al Queda is, and as much as they hate us or supposedly hate us, why not pull off a move like that? That has always made me wonder what's really going on here?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

God i remember talking about that forever.President bushs cousin was in charge of the security company when they were "remodeling or fixn something at wtc..try search

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
9/11 theories are grabbing at straws again.

Just say that they did use explosives and blew the building to bits...

1. What the hell were the planes for then?

2. Why would anyone set the explosives to blow from the top down?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We have video of molten metal pouring out of the towers prior to collapse. Doesn't really matter "how" they got thermite in. They got in, they used it, we have video of the results.

Should just focus on better questions, like "how can people be so painfully stupid that they still don't realize 9/11 was a demolition job?" Debunking trolls in this very thread. How'd they get into ATS anyway? Same deal -- Just act like they belong here, and no one questions them.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Securacom was the security company which W's brother was a principal in. His cousin did go to WTC before 911 but was gone the friday before. John O'Neill came in on Mon the 10th and was one of the first to die on 911. This seems quite coincidental and causes suspicion but as another poster stated, why take all the risk and go with such a grand elaborate plan when a simple incident could bring the same result? One thing is for certain as the other person mentioned, the govt. is expert at keeping secrets. Too much "info" and loose ends and talkers for a govt. cover up here.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well it's an interesting scenario you paint, but as the others have mentioned the logistics of pulling something like this off are astronomical. First of all they would not be able to use existing abandoned wiring because abandoned wiring in most buildings is a disasterous mess of unidentified spaghetti running in every direction. Running new wiring isn't a reasonable assumption either because if you've ever witnessed an office being wired, it's a HUGE job and requires pulling a lot of ceiling tile out, setting up large spools of wiring on the floor and setting up guys at several points in the ceiling to fishtape the wiring through. There is zero chance this could be done at every column on every floor without most every occupant knowing about it. It takes months to wire up a building for demolition when there are no walls or furniture in it, doing it in an occupied building would be close to impossible. I'm in construction and can definitely say that the vast majority of people out there just have no clue how much work things like this are, it's a very labor intensive act.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Was the Pentagon and the plane crash in PA a demolition job too? You cannot separate the events of that day. They were a single attack on several fronts. The Sears tower was supposed to be hit that day as well. Why no explosives planted in there?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ajmusicmedia is right. I tend to stay away from 9/11 threads, the shills do come out in full force in this forum, but check this out -

AlCIAeda mastermind Osama Bin Laden's own family worked on the WTC!

www.infoplease.com...

kentroversypapers.blogspot.com...

www.mikehagan.com...

And let's not forget who was in charge of security of the WTC twin towers-

www.commondreams.org...

www.911hardfacts.com...

The Bush's and the Bin Laden's....two families so close, yet so far apart, eh?

edit on 26-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
We have video of molten metal pouring out of the towers prior to collapse. Doesn't really matter "how" they got thermite in. They got in, they used it, we have video of the results.

Should just focus on better questions, like "how can people be so painfully stupid that they still don't realize 9/11 was a demolition job?" Debunking trolls in this very thread. How'd they get into ATS anyway? Same deal -- Just act like they belong here, and no one questions them.

Thermite....hmmm.

Have you ever worked in a blacksmiths forge? I'd be willing to bet that this is no.

Have you ever tried to smelt steel with coke(coal)? This too I'd guess would be a no.

Will coke smelt steel? No

How did blacksmiths ever manage to melt steel/iron down if coke could not provide the heat required? Answer...Introduce more oxygen. Fan the flames with air.

Is it possible that kerosene will burn hotter if you introduce extra air to the fire? Yes.

Is there a possibility that there was moving air blowing into the WTC where the Kerosene was burning?

Was there anything in an office building that would also burn? Or... Was the only possible thing that could provide a fuel source introduced by the planes? Yes & no respectively.

/troll

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
well.. considering that they used nanothermite as the explosive.. a military ONLY grade of thermite... then this could have been done as if repainting/spraying the steel at its weld points.

Looking at the evidence presented by others though... I would have assumed that this was done during the build itself as a future way to remove the building.

The evidence suggests that thermite was used from inside the strucural beams to cut through the weld points to loosen the structure.

There is little evidence of any other explosives used on the buildings after that fact... although.. to create that drop effect on all 3 buildings you would need some additional BANG BANG stuff to help it on its way.

I will look for the video.. im sure i saw someone had posted it here the other day.. but in my opinion.. thermite was used to weaken the build, and then something else was detonated to create the drop.

I do think that they would have future proofed the building should they not need it at a later date. Its cheaper to build that into the framework than it is to install at demolition time... plus thermite would not be at risk from being set off by fire.. as magnesium fuses (or something of similar extreme temp) would be required to to ignite the thermic reaction in the first place.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Maybe some people do not know what WTC stands for- WORLD trade center. There were companies from almost everywhere in the world in that complex- Kuwait, Iraq, Iran, Korea, Japan, South Africa, etc. See my point? The place was a place of global business. When the attacks occurred it was inevitable that a country would be represented that did business there.
The so called Bush security company was put in place after the 1993 attack to provide electronic security devices. They certainly were not running the whole security show of the complex. They were in fact commended for the improvement they provided after the 1993 attack.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join