It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we recognise Jesus if he returned?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Dang that is a good question.

I spend a lot of time visiting the downtown area of a city near where I reside.

Always on the same day of the week.

They have a main street that is really neat with a few large thrift stores near the mission and a number of stores and eateries along it for about a six block length.

I browse the thrift stores searching for collectibles that people have discarded.

You can purchase them for pennies of what they are new.

Shortly after the new year began,I saw a young Latino fellow just standing against the wall with his arms crossed.

He was very skinny and his jeans were torn badly.

He had no sign for begging and was just watching people.

He had no pack or other belongings with him which was unusual.

I had came around the corner from parking my car and he was standing there.

As I passed,our eyes met for a moment.

For warmth all he wore was a oversized fleece hoodie with the hood up and shadowing his face.

There are two thrift stores on one side and the other is across the street.

A crosswalk is there in the middle of the street for people to cross over.

This is within site of the mission and the church.

I crossed over to the one thrift store browsed for the items I collected and then left to cross back over to check out the other stores and I checked him out again as I walked toward him.

He was obviously in dire straits and possibly was living in the river bottom nearby like a lot of homeless do.

I left the two stores and walked up the street to some other thrift stores near by. Returning from my walk to my car I walked by him again and our eyes briefly met.

This same thing went on for 3 weeks.

Same young man wearing the same clothes in the same spot just standing there observing people who were basically ignoring his existence.

It actually started to bother me and I started thinking,"If Jesus returned,would anybody recognize him"?

After the 3rd time I decided I must as a compassionate human do what ever I could to help in someway a fellow man in a unfortunate situation.

I could not get him out of my mind and my thoughts.

I am semi retired and try to live on what I receive each month but decided I could purchase for a few dollars items in the thrift stores for him.

I had sized him up and he was about my height but a lot skinnier than me.

A pack and a couple of pair of jeans and some long sleeves shirts and if possible socks and under ware if it was in good shape.

Anything was better than the same clothes he had worn the three times I had seen him.

I was on a mission to just go to this place and get him things he needed.

I parked my car in the same place and walked up toward the mission turned the corner,and he was not there!

That really bother me even worse.

Was he actually there or just a figment of my imagination each time?

Was I the only one that saw him or were the others actually ignoring him?

It changed my attitude about life and others and what I should be focusing on as a human being.

I have been spending more time with my adult children and have began realizing we are all here together and only life's circumstances put us in the situation we are in.

It was a spiritual wake up call and I heard the alarm go off.

So think about it.

If Jesus came back to walk the earth in human form,would you even know it was Him?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
look in your book people

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations

so you are looking for someone with a really long tongue sword - there that should narrow it down

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am pretty sure I saw him on the corner of Martlin Luther King and 6th street. He wanted money.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am pretty sure I saw him on the corner of Martlin Luther King and 6th street. He wanted money.

I know you are trying to be funny but... what better way to judge the love of man than to come as a panhandler? If I were him, I'd come back as a bum and stand out in front of church as it got out and asked the congregation for money (then judging them) as they left:

"Goin to hell... god bless you... god bless you... going to hell..."

That would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I believe very few people will or would be able to recognize Jesus Christ; when He returns for his bride. Besides that before Jesus returns, Satan who Jesus told to get behind Him; has to Rise and continue for a short while. But I think once Satan is risen, and reborn, if asked Satan will tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help Her GOD; this time. Yes I think Satan is a S/He, and a Part of a He who was given the Job to deceive the whole world. Unfortunately, the Truth wont set you or People free if they dont have the ability to Think outside the box and so escape the Great And Terrible Day of the Coming of the Lord and so many innocent people will be lost.

reply to post by Rustami

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

everything is relative to Jesus Christ being Glorified all in all and everyone plays a part "good or evil", you do have some interesting insights and understand the frustration with alot of what's going on and am certain you know Eph6

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Romans9

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment
Matthew22

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Romans7

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ
1Peter1

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Ephesians4
biblos.com...

edit on 28-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
everything is relative to Jesus Christ being Glorified all in all and everyone plays a part "good or evil", you do have some interesting insights and understand the frustration with alot of what's going on and am certain you know Eph6

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Romans9

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment
Matthew22

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Romans7

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ
1Peter1

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Ephesians4
biblos.com...

And in what way does your sermon make Jesus recognizable?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
look in your book people

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations

so you are looking for someone with a really long tongue sword - there that should narrow it down

Gene? (at 2:00) "Dr.Love" "get on your knees" hmm

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

that was meant for her in response, added now
thanks I might had otherwise missed that
it has to do with the Son setting free

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

ofcourse, or else it would not be Jesus

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The OP obviously never read the Bible.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

perhaps you are right, but then, I discern a seeker in the OP
the beginning of wisdom is to ask the right question

my question for all of us is, "have we helped or hindered that quest?"

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I agree and think when people ask questions it should be about themselves; and not about someone else; unless its a bible character. I also think you have to be the right mind set when you do ask; suchas in Prayer In Fasting because not until then will all the demons come out. Did you ever think Eve was in a state of prayer in fasting when she looked at the tree, desired to be wise like god and before She actually Ate Her 1st Break Fast.

I think most people do not purposley mislead folks but that there answers are usually from people who dont know the answers; and pass on what they have been told; instead of seeking that answer for themselves.

Originally posted by Highlander64
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

perhaps you are right, but then, I discern a seeker in the OP
the beginning of wisdom is to ask the right question

my question for all of us is, "have we helped or hindered that quest?"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If you do not recognize the Christ within all others and yourself my friend, you have already demonstrated your answer.

Christ lives within all of us. It is only your own judgements that blind you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello my friend,

nice to see you again. But I guess, you have been busy preparing for your personal prediction to come around (september was it? I intend to hide in my rootcellar then; I will make it demon-proof).

Concerning this post of yours, it's as almost usual sensible, and pleasantly low on the bhakti. But I would disappoint you, if I don't present anything glib, so here it comes:

"We are also all of us Buddhas, only we don't know it".

Greetings

Bogo

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
"We are also all of us Buddhas, only we don't know it".

Bogo!

It has been too long my friend. Don't hold up too long in the root cellar my friend. I never made a prediction which required such action. I do not expect Man to hide. I expect Man to crawl from his tomb into the glorious light of day.

Off topic as usual, I know. So, with your quoted text, I can find no error or room for disagreement. I would only add...

"We are all of us Bogos, only we do not know it."

Damn perception always having to be in the way of understanding eh ole friend?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for your response.

While forum admin recently started keeping topic digressions on a short leash (altogether a betterment though with a few sad casualties as the price), the present OP is so lenient and liberal, that I believe we can feel safe for the moment concerning being 'off-topic'.

I will even emphasize the on-topic by referring to the 'recognition'-aspect. Obviously having Jesus-, or if you like, Christ-'principles' already existing in us, any possibly coming change in the internal or external situation would be easier to recognize.

That I mentioned Buddhas isn't that far of the mark either, considering OP range.But it's probably not the best environment to go into deeper details about it, and concentrate more on the 'potential' inherent in mankind (and even existence in general).

In Japan there exists a Nirvana-parallel, which is said to be achievable in a split-second (though it at best usually takes a lifetime, if it happens at all). It depends not so much on a dynamic 'change' (i.e. 'growth'), but rather on the ability to put the available 'what-we-are' into a harmonious totality. Like putting a jigsaw-puzzle together.

And quite honestly I don't believe, that such a process has much to do with any doctrines, formalism or ritualism. It's like learning that knack of bicycling; a lot of trial-and-error scraped knees and probably some tears, and then one day you can suddenly turn a corner on your bike without any catastrophe as a result.

Some beginners' bicycles have supporting wheels on the side, and I often speculate, that doctrines have the same function. People living a whole seeker-life afraid of scraped knees.

But bleep it, man, here I have your bad nice influence ruining my grumpiness, and even starting to talk in allegories. It's late here, so I need some sleep soon anyway, otherwise I could end up with parables; destroying 1½ year of careful building-up my sour ATS-persona.

Hopefully seeing you around soon again.

Greetings

Bogo

edit on 31-7-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Thank you so much, someone else see's it.

Budhist are better christians then most christians. (we all know those mightier then thou only sunday ones)
And budha's teaching's are in harmony with jesus's.

Before hard core scripture smacking christians yell.

I am a christian but in a more spiritual sence vs. the dogma sence.

LOTZA LUV 2 ALL

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I will even emphasize the on-topic by referring to the 'recognition'-aspect. Obviously having Jesus-, or if you like, Christ-'principles' already existing in us, any possibly coming change in the internal or external situation would be easier to recognize.

I may have not been too clear in my meaning of seeing Christ in others. I am not speaking of principles at all. So, let me clarify my meaning.

One should see others as Christ. By seeing others as Christ, that love given to him is shared with all. I know, I know, many will say that it is sacrilegious! It is blasphemy! There is only one Son of God, God, Messiah, etc.

It is easy to love those who love you, but what gain is there in this? Love even your enemies and increase your friend count.

In Japan there exists a Nirvana-parallel, which is said to be achievable in a split-second (though it at best usually takes a lifetime, if it happens at all). It depends not so much on a dynamic 'change' (i.e. 'growth'), but rather on the ability to put the available 'what-we-are' into a harmonious totality. Like putting a jigsaw-puzzle together.

"What-we-are" is a question I have satisfied myself with knowing that I do not know. It is a bit humbling to accept that one does not know (and no one else does either), but it sure takes away that burden of self righteousness and allows one to simply accept all that are brought into ones life without judgement or conditions.

And quite honestly I don't believe, that such a process has much to do with any doctrines, formalism or ritualism. It's like learning that knack of bicycling; a lot of trial-and-error scraped knees and probably some tears, and then one day you can suddenly turn a corner on your bike without any catastrophe as a result.

Doctrines, formalism, ritualism, are all like white sepulchers stock piled with the bones of the dead. The dead have had their moment in the sun.

Some beginners' bicycles have supporting wheels on the side, and I often speculate, that doctrines have the same function. People living a whole seeker-life afraid of scraped knees.

A doctrine is like applying a blindfold to your child and sending them off on that first bike ride. They will have to place all of their trust in you and end up never actually learning to ride on their own.

But bleep it, man, here I have your bad nice influence ruining my grumpiness, and even starting to talk in allegories. It's late here, so I need some sleep soon anyway, otherwise I could end up with parables; destroying 1½ year of careful building-up my sour ATS-persona.

I love you too my friend! Keep the sour persona my friend. A true friend will always take you as you are.

Hopefully seeing you around soon again.

No guarantees there my friend. I may be absent for some time (or here sparingly) but the message will continue to resurface one new face at a time.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 31-7-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join