It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Spirit is my Proof

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You have no sin? You're sinless?
Putting words in my mouth again (as usual).

I repent daily.
You have your own delusional definition of repentance, then.
You need to look up the word. It means to change your mind. Seems you never changed if you have to do it every day. That is not true repentance. That is worthless crying or complaining or begging or something but you just have no motivation probably because you killed the Holy Spirit that told you you have to be good.

LOL! Where do you get this idea that we don't have to live by the spirit and strive to be as much like Christ as we can??? I never indicated such.
Sorry, but Romans 6:1-2 still applies to a Christian:

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Naaaa, I can't take credit for writing Luke chapter 18.
So what is that incomprehensable blurb you posted, then?
Something you copied and pasted from a blog?
That is not the Bible but someones attempt to paraphrase a great big chunk of the Bible.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I keep complaining about.
You pick out stuff off blogs that seems cute or something, then write about it as if it is Gospel truth.
Can you explain what any of that even means?

edit on 1-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I'm guilty. I'm in the "Jesus Christ is Lord, He is my redeemer, He is my Savior, King, and High Priest, glory to the King of kings, and Lord of lords, my soul has been redeemed by Christ" cult.

The cult that Mr. NuT belongs to seems to be one that creates nice biblical sounding slogans without understanding what the verses that the words were extracted from mean.

2 Peter 2:1 still applies. The Lord Jesus "bought" us the church, the redeemed with his shed blood on that cross. He "nailed our sins" to that cross. God placed all our sins on Him and it pleased the Father "to crush" Him for us.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

Explain to me how I magnify Jesus Christ as the risen Lord, the King of kings without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? Jesus Christ IS LORD!!!, and I teach Him crucified according to the scriptures, Him buried, and Him risen to life on the 3rd day according to the scriptures. You explain how I preach this truth without the Holy Spirit. This will be interesting. You either have to agree I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit or the scripture is incorrect:

1 Corinthians 12:3

"Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and NO ONE can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit."

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You missed the point completely.
No, you missed the point because you are linking something to it artificially. Did you get that cute little trick from a blog, too?
You cited 1 Corinthians 12:1 and you must have meant verses 2 and 3.
I quoted the verses and you ignore it and add really out of place and off-topic verses to explain it.
You are the one who always claims to just read the verse and understand what it says but in reality, you have some scheme you learned somewhere to artificially throw unrelated verses on top of each other and stir it all up until you get it to say what you want.
Then you take my straight interpretation and ridicule it.
This is the very height of hypocrisy and you need to stop making all your braggadocios claims about how you follow scripture because you follow crazy blog logic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Naaaa, I can't take credit for writing Luke chapter 18.
So what is that incomprehensable blurb you posted, then?
Something you copied and pasted from a blog?
That is not the Bible but someones attempt to paraphrase a great big chunk of the Bible.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I keep complaining about.
You pick out stuff off blogs that seems cute or something, then write about it as if it is Gospel truth.
Can you explain what any of that even means?

Who cares what you complain about? You see to that mate. My rock is the Word, not random internet dudes with outspoken opinions. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Ugggggh, I really hate repeating myself. Once again.......
Stop doing it, then because it is pure garbage, just wild speculation and I already told you how to read Revelation straight without all the mumbo jumbo weird explanations. Like I just said in my last post, you never read any verse straight and twist every single one.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

You missed the point completely.
No, you missed the point because you are linking something to it artificially. Did you get that cute little trick from a blog, too?
You cited 1 Corinthians 12:1 and you must have meant verses 2 and 3.
I quoted the verses and you ignore it and add really out of place and off-topic verses to explain it.
You are the one who always claims to just read the verse and understand what it says but in reality, you have some scheme you learned somewhere to artificially throw unrelated verses on top of each other and stir it all up until you get it to say what you want.
Then you take my straight interpretation and ridicule it.
This is the very height of hypocrisy and you need to stop making all your braggadocios claims about how you follow scripture because you follow crazy blog logic.

The only time in this thread I qutoed 1 Corinthians 12:1 was THIS post. And it was a mistake. I've correctly quoted 1 Corinthians 12:3 numerous times since that post. It was an error, get over it. Moot point.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Stop doing it, then because it is pure garbage, just wild speculation and I already told you how to read Revelation straight without all the mumbo jumbo weird explanations. Like I just said in my last post, you never read any verse straight and twist every single one.

" I already told you how to read Revelation straight"

Appeal to authority. Irrelevant claim. Your interpretation of Revelation is quite off. You can't even figure out that after Chapter 4:1 God's attention is on Israel and the Jewish elect/saints who will come to the Lord. The candlesticks (the church) is in heaven at that point. And you completely ignore Romans chapters 9, 10, and 11 that Paul hammers away that God is NOT finished with Israel, both the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants will be fulfilled by the Lord.

edit on 1-8-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes, I am in the "Jesus Christ is Lord and was crucified for our sins, and was risen for our salvation to all who place their trust and faith in Him alone" CULT.

Deal with it. Jesus is Lord, and He is returning soon. My entire trust and faith is in Him and what He did.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

LOL! Where do you get this idea that we don't have to live by the spirit and strive to be as much like Christ as we can??? I never indicated such.
So why are you bragging about living a sinful life?
Why do you always claim living a righteous life is not necessary for salvation?
Why do you spend all that energy refuting living a life of good works?
Do you think you will be going to heaven continuing to live the life of a sinner?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So why are you bragging about living a sinful life?

I'm not bragging, stupid assumption. I'm not bragging that I sin, I'm acknowledging I'm not perfect and I falter. I'm a sinner. I'm not self-deluded to think i am free of sin (1 John 1:8). I struggle with being perfect like Christ. I'd never brag about sin, I'm ashamed when I sin.

Why do you always claim living a righteous life is not necessary for salvation?

Because salvation is a free gift of God's grace to all who believe and place their trust in Christ and what He did. I don't conflate Salvation and Sanctification. We are not saved by doing good works, we are saved to go out in the world and do good works. Good works are a product of the Holy Spirit living within us.

Why do you spend all that energy refuting living a life of good works?

I DON'T!. Sanctification and holiness are reasonable service to our Lord and Savior. We ARE SAVED TO DO GOOD WORKS FOR HIS GLORY AND TO ADVANCE HIS KINGDOM. It's called "bearing fruit" of the Spirit.

Do you think you will be going to heaven continuing to live the life of a sinner?

We don't sin purposely, that idea is absurd. (Romans 6:1-2)

Well, what does the Word of God say, it's the final authority for a Christian:

1 John 1:9 ~ "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

1 john 2:1-2 ~ "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world"

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The only time in this thread I qutoed 1 Corinthians 12:1 was THIS post. And it was a mistake. I've correctly quoted 1 Corinthians 12:3 numerous times since that post. It was an error, get over it. Moot point.
Why are you talking about that? I realized right away what you meant. That's not the issue. The issue is instead of looking at what the verses actually means, you pull in a verse about Peter which has nothing to do with what Paul was talking about. You take one un-understood verse and then combine it with something of a completely different topic to make a new unrelated third thing which is completely meaningless but sounds good to you.
Paul was talking to new Christians who had been worshipping idols and having oracles and strange predictions from people channeling the gods. Paul was trying to explain what true spirits were like.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Still waiting for my answer. How do I magnify and trust in Jesus Christ as my LORD and Savior without the Holy Spirit???

1 Corinthians 12:3

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Why are you talking about that? I realized right away what you meant. That's not the issue. The issue is instead of looking at what the verses actually means, you pull in a verse about Peter which has nothing to do with what Paul was talking about. You take one un-understood verse and then combine it with something of a completely different topic to make a new unrelated third thing which is completely meaningless but sounds good to you.
Paul was talking to new Christians who had been worshipping idols and having oracles and strange predictions from people channeling the gods. Paul was trying to explain what true spirits were like.

The verse from Peter was addressing false teachers among us who would deny that the Lord "bought us" with His blood.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Our rewards/crowns are going to be thrown to the feet of the Lord Jesus Christ.
So why all the bema nonsense?
Just to explain away the judgement?

No one is "explaining" away judgment. I'm stating that there are different judgments spoken of in scripture. Believers are judged on their works not their sins. Rewards are won or lost, salvation is not. That's from PAUL not me. There is also a "sheep and goats" judgment immediately prior to Christ's millennial reign to determine who enters the kingdom and who is cast into hell for having the marks of the beast or persecuting the elect. the "great white throne" judgment transpires at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. It's the resurrection and judgment of the "dead", the wicked and ungodly from Cain to satan and the antichrist. All are cast into the lake of fire who are not found in the book of life. People who do not have a covenant relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

The "judgment seat (bema in Greek) is the judgment for believers who have a covenant relationship with Jesus, and worthless works (wood, hay, and stubble) are "burnt up" and rewards are lost. Works done through the Holy Spirit and for God's glory and Jesus's kingdom are rewarded. no person at this Bema judgment goes to hell, even if all their works are burnt when tried with fire.

1. "Judgment Seat (Bema) of Christ" happens after the rapture of the church, takes place in heaven prior to the marriage supper of the lamb. Those who lost their rewards are cast into "utter darkness" and are not allowed to participate in the marriage supper.

2. "Sheep and Goats Judgment" happens when Christ comes back with His bride and the angels to Earth and happens immediately after the battle of Armageddon and just prior to the advent of His 1,000 year reign on the "throne of David".

3. "Great White Throne Judgment" Revelation says this judgment happens after the 1,000 reign, after satan is loosed from his banishment, the "dead" are resurrected at this point and judged, those who lived during the 1,000 year eign are also judged. Angels are judged by us at this judgment.

All different judgments, at different times, with different people, and different outcomes. You drag them all together when the text says otherwise.

No comment whatsoever as of yet. ^^^^

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Explain to me how I magnify Jesus Christ as the risen Lord, the King of kings without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

Just think about what I already said.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

" I already told you how to read Revelation straight"

Appeal to authority. Irrelevant claim. Your interpretation of Revelation is quite off. You can't even figure out that after Chapter 4:1 God's attention is on Israel and the Jewish elect/saints who will come to the Lord. The candlesticks (the church) is in heaven at that point. And you completely ignore Romans chapters 9, 10, and 11 that Paul hammers away that God is NOT finished with Israel, both the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants will be fulfilled by the Lord.
What? Why ar you throwing out terms? You were talking about the judgements in revelation and I went over them, back on the mousetrails thread, verse by verse to see what it is actually saying. Now you are bringing up stuff I never talked about. I don't know where you get that from but it had to be a conversation with someone else.
Oh, you are talking about the Jewish thing with the dispensationalist view. I just ignore all that because it is obviously mumbo jumbo cooked up garbage that is a whole theology made up to trick Christians to accept a reconstituted modern Israel in Palestine. That is for chumps.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Yes, I am in the "Jesus Christ is Lord and was crucified for our sins, and was risen for our salvation to all who place their trust and faith in Him alone" CULT.
Deal with it. Jesus is Lord, and He is returning soon. My entire trust and faith is in Him and what He did.

Seems you changed the name of your cult from earlier. That's good you made an improvement to something actually biblical.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Explain to me how I magnify Jesus Christ as the risen Lord, the King of kings without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

Just think about what I already said.

No. you're not an authority whatsoever. I think about what Paul said. "No man" means no man can says/trust that Jesus is Lord without the Holy Spirit. You're no authority, certianly not one over scriptures.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Oh, you are talking about the Jewish thing with the dispensationalist view. I just ignore all that because it is obviously mumbo jumbo cooked up garbage that is a whole theology made up to trick Christians to accept a reconstituted modern Israel in Palestine. That is for chumps.

Paul the Chump. Nope, doesn't sit well with me. Yeah, some Zionist scribe bribed Paul to write Romans 9,10,and 11. Gotcha. What about the everlasting Abrahamic and Davidic covenants God made? Toss them out too?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join