It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Spirit is my Proof

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I've heard such beauty, but I know the gift is alive in many of the brethren today

No need to worry about the mockers for it has already been declared that:

10...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11
edit on 27-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Let it be known that this mocker used to be a "spirit-filled tongue talker".
I know better now.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

I know better now.
Wow!
I had no idea.
What I know about it is from my brother who was going to Church of God with friends and they were praying over him and laying on hands and trying to baptize him with the spirit and it took hold and he was talking in tongues.
He does not think now that it has anything to do with God.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

What I know about it is from my brother who was going to Church of God with friends and they were praying over him and laying on hands and trying to baptize him with the spirit and it took hold and he was talking in tongues.
He does not think now that it has anything to do with God.
I've been to a few Churches of God. They were pretty much the same belief that I was, but my church considered themselves non-denominational. It's a new fad.

I have had some strange things happen to me, like the "holy laughter gift". I now realize I could have brought that on myself. It's amazing what you can get yourself to do when in an emotional state of belief.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I know better now.

All your doing in this thread is confirming prophecy

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
2 Timothy 3:1-9

edit on 28-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
I think this passage is talking about people who profess to be Christians, not people who say they do not believe.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

I know better now.

So now expectable opposition to an invasive ideology 'proves' this ideology.

All missionary factions from all ideologies have their own version of: "Me good, you bad" concerning opposition, and this "me good, you bad" is propagandistically woven into the overall fabric of what is preached.

And when opposition not surpringly manifests, believers will hang on to such 'prophecies' and feel justified and righteous, and non-believers will see another group of self-deluded fanatics clinging to straws.

PS The flying spaghetti monster has made it clear, that no-one has to bow or grovel in front of any self-promoted pretender-'god'. Theologically stating, that common causality is enough; there's no need to add any irrational doctrines.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Have you read the bible? The societies portrayed in there are much more gruesome, immoral, than modern society. You can't prophecies earthquakes, when there's already a lot of earthquakes, and then in the future when there's much less earthquakes, claim those remaining few earthquakes are fulfilling the prophecy. Our societies morals, even if you say are worse than 50 years ago, aren't anywhere near as bad as biblical times.

None of the end-world prophecies are actually coming true, so it's ridiculous to use them to prove anything.
edit on 28-7-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: bumped the enter key too quick.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Fulfilling prophecy? Glad I could help.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No prob, unfortunately the day will come when it won't be so funny

To the others above, I'll re-quote verse 7:

Isn't that the atheist and agnostic view? You know a few things, but the full truth you have no knowledge of.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Isn't that the atheist and agnostic view? You know a few things, but the full truth you have no knowledge of.
No, that's the fundamentalist view, having a monopoly on truth so whatever is thought of as truth one day, must be for all days, without change.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So it's preferable to fill the gaps with guesses, mythology or narratives?

One-size-fits-all mindsets aren't in vogue these days.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Isn't that what science is all about? Science in large is nothing but guesses and theory. Sure, they've proven a few things, but in reality everything is still guess work, especially the creation of the universe.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Isn't that what science is all about? Science in large is nothing but guesses and theory. Sure, they've proven a few things, but in reality everything is still guess work, especially the creation of the universe.

I have no idea of what kind of science(/logic) you've had contact with, but the one I know, and where I painstakingly for three years made calculations, experiments and learned the basics of systematic methodology in procedure of science/logic, is very far from the science/logic you describe.

Be it far from me to enforce an acquaintance of real science/logic upon you, but at least your evaluations of it would be more convincing, if you stayed inside the frame of your actual knowledge on the subject.

As a general simple example, directly related to this thread: The word 'proof' as it is used in the title would never be used this way in a science/logic context.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Perhaps not, but I will accept my fate. I should get what I deserve, right? Why should I let an innocent creature take my punishment for me? We all deserve to burn for eternity because of who we are. At least, this is what your god thinks. So, why not accept the fate this god thinks we deserve, which is a fitting punishment, correct? I mean, we all should be tortured for an eternity in fire because that fits the crime we have committed, even if the crime is simply not believing in this god. Amen? We deserve this.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Guesses, at most, lead them where to research. A guess isn't science, but it can lead to science if found to be substantial. Also, those are informed guesses, which a different.

And, people need to stop with bashing the word theory. Seriously.

A theory is what one or more hypotheses become once they have been verified and accepted to be true.

Christianity, isn't a theory by scientific standards, not even conjecture, it's an outdated hypothesis. Understand the difference.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The one thing I did not want to happen in posting this thread of course happened. People making fun of people. Why don't we all forget about what I've posted here and move on. Love covers a multitude of sin and I had rather just move on. I have no problem confessing that I am no Biblical scholar. I can merely relate to others what God gave me by means of the gift of holy spirit. Can I fully explain it all? No! There is much I need to learn about such matters. But, I know as a child of the living God that all of God's children by means of being born again of His spirit through the risen Lord Jesus Christ that all have been given power from on high.

The gift that God gave on the day of Pentecost and still available today to the one who believes is power.

A good analogy might help here. If I gave a car battery as a gift, the one receiving the gift can do one of two things. Of course some on here will even argue about that but, that is beside the point. Since this is my story, I say there is only two things the one getting the gift can do.

They can put the battery in their car then go back in the house and continue playing their XBOX and never use the gift or they and get in the car and honk the horn. That is one manifestation of the power from that battery. They can turn on the head lights. That is another manifestation of the gift. They can open the window. Thats another manifestation of the gift. They can turn the engine over. Thats another manifestation of the one gift that was given and they are all manifested by the one gift.

Speaking in Tongues is a manifestation of the gift of the holy spirit. There are 9 manifestations of the holy spirit listed in (I Corinthians 12)

Make fun of the gift of God and the one who believes in such things if you want.

God help us all! God Bless the ones who love truth!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Seems all those gifts have been taken back, to me.
Odd that the one you are so enthused about is the only one that is useless for any practical application, while all the others would have been quite useful.
Funny how god gives you a horn to beep when you are parked in the driveway.
None of this seems right to me and more likely all the real gifts were taken back including the speaking in different tongues and replaced by a human product which is just speaking gibberish.
Thanks for the invite to make fun.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Thanks for the invite to make fun.
Ha! I don't know if he meant it....

Anyways, my aunt is Baptist and she has said that she believes that those who speak in tongues are demon possessed. Isn't that strange? Someone who believes in the biblical god, is a born-again christian, and loves this god...but thinks that others who speak in tongues could be possessed by demons? It's strange to me that this god doesn't get all of his followers on the same page. No wonder there's over 30,000 denominations.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Perhaps not, but I will accept my fate. I should get what I deserve, right? Why should I let an innocent creature take my punishment for me? We all deserve to burn for eternity because of who we are. At least, this is what your god thinks. So, why not accept the fate this god thinks we deserve, which is a fitting punishment, correct? I mean, we all should be tortured for an eternity in fire because that fits the crime we have committed, even if the crime is simply not believing in this god. Amen? We deserve this.

Judge: " I should sentence you to life in prison for your crimes. However your victim has stepped forward to pay your fines, legal fees, has offered to have you live in his mansion and will put you in his will as well as serve the time for you. Do you accept this offer?"

You: "No thanks, it's all good."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join