It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chem-Trucks are here!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I grew up in Louisiana and remember trucks coming down our street and spraying for skeeters.

Anyway, I also remember the local nightly news always warning when the next spray was, and telling people to stay inside and get pets inside around that time.

Now, they just spray, no warnings

they probably do but you're not getting them for some reason - perhaps they aer now all web based instead of radio or somethnig like that.

I suggest searching for the insect control programme in your area & see what info they give.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, first, I'm sorry if you got the impression I care deeply enough about this to actually dedicate any resources beyond writing a couple messages. In a world where we're watching more than one crisis currently happening which could greatly alter life across nations or even end it for many, it is hard to get worked up over something that started, did it's damage to me, and ended over 2 decades ago.

Second and most importantly though, I've been someone who has consistently and loudly championed the wonders and benefits of DDT, if the Sierra Club and others hadn't run a scam on the public to convince them it hurt condor eggs or something..... Yeah... Millions dead every single year from Malaria and other diseases is definitely preferable to one friggen bird having an egg problem.

Having said that, I was there and I was under it when they dropped that poison across Southern California. They'd say it was harmless to people....but don't be outside, don't get it on you, take basic precautions when washing the disgusting film off your vehicle the following morning (no one ever had to guess when the spraying had happened....everything got a very light but obvious sliming) They'd say it's harmless to people while putting out strongly worded advisories to insure Fido and Foo Foo weren't left out, their food and water dishes were not left out..and generally everyone watched this from behind window glass.

Now...you tell me I should get rock solid proof of damage done at a time when much of the wonder-tech we take for granted in medicine either didn't exist at all yet, or was so expensive as to be the purvue of those special people in Villa Park and Beverly Hills...they didn't share what they learned, if they did got checked out at any rate.

It sure does burn me to see them doing it again and the reason is simple... As I noted with DDT, I don't knee jerk deny the benefits of every chemical man has ever made.....but California has a uniquely Californian way of lying to it's population with sunshine and a smile which blinds the public to critical thinking as a useful exercise. I don't trust them to use chemicals that won't do FAR more harm than good........but in a state where a little filthy (bottom feeding) fish cut the water to a HUGE % of farmland across California.....I think it's obvious human beings take a second place for Sacramento's thinking process.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The trucks are welcome here.

I friggin hate them little blood suckers.

Spray away guys, I am serious, I hate mosquitoes...I spend alot on OFF. I can only imagine what that is doing to my skin......Bring on the Deet.

edit on 30-7-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Hey, I give the OP credit for taking the time to make contact with the driver of the truck to ask him what he was spraying. More people should do that.

Agreed.

Sorry I missed this thread when you put it up OP. And thank you for bringing this to us. Like you,I am not ok with this indiscriminate spraying of chemicals,whatever chemical and reason is cited by anyone.

And what a rude SOB that guy was. A pox on him.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Wow...so uh how old are you? No offense, but everyone knows those trucks are indeed spraying for mosquitoes..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

And that spraying even more crap on our skin will surely save us from the dreaded ugly bump left by a tiny bug.

It's everywhere..the air,water,our foods..By all means,let's wear it and really soak it in.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Okay I never said it was bad, OP was accusing these trucks of somehow "chemtrailing"..

and quite frankly you can't escape the poisons we have exposed ourselves to throughout the years even if you wanted to try...so stop worrying about it, do what you feel is right and just live your frickin life..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Back atcha.

You know,people go on and on about this the country's obesity and adverse health too and look to outside reasons for all of it,when really,it comes down to filling our bodies with garbage that is passed off as food,out of convenience. We aren't designed to run well on all this empty inefficient sugar,salt,carbs and fat. Might as well inhale chemicals to go along with it. But that's fodder for a different thread and topic.

Bleh.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I live in Florida and they do it here too. My wife is pregnant with our first child so I am really worried about the effects.

A 2011 study found a significant association between piperonyl butoxide (PBO), a common additive in pyrethroid formulations, measured in personal air collected during the third trimester of pregnancy, and delayed mental development at 36 months. Children who were more highly exposed in personal air samples (≥4.34 ng/m3) scored 3.9 points lower on the Mental Developmental Index than those with lower exposures. The lead researcher stated, "This drop in IQ points is similar to that observed in lead exposure. While perhaps not impacting an individual's overall function, it is educationally meaningful and could shift the distribution of children in the society who would be in need of early intervention services."[10]

That is from Wikipedia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join