It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL ATS Fantasy Football League

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It is what it is, it's not like we have money at stake. I at least have 1 win which is nice haha. Maybe I'll squeak a few more out.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm having an unusually bad season and I don't know why. I don't think I've ever had this bad of a record in this league. My quarterback had to have 59 points in order for me to win. That's not good.

P.S. I'm still active in the league even though I'm not active on here. So I'm not violating my own rule of active participation.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A tiebreaker was agreed to and carried out via a coin flip for my game with Boognish in Week 7. One point was awarded to my team for winning the tiebreaker. The result has been agreed to by both players and is final. I am now a lousy 3-6 and Boognish is a much better 6-3. Our respective last and first places in our division remain.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
One point victory this weekend...wow...hopefully there won't be any adjustments...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I lost. What else is new?

It seems I will not be going to the playoffs for the first time in league history. How sad.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A little late to this discussion, but I have seen a lot of whining. The main point in any league that's not standard is to use what is given. One check of the league settings & I knew I would draft 2 QB's in my first 2 picks. I made the mistake in the league I run of using an OP position that was intended for returners a few years back. I am using this scoring system to the max, right into the league championship. Anyone else could have done the same with 10 minutes of prep. BTW, my team was autodrafted. Oklahoma Bigfoot

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Regardless, it's being changed next year. The scoring settings may be slightly changed, the utility positions will be removed, a RB/WR spot will be added for kick returners, and the number of bench spots will be cut down. Defensive players will remain.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have Internet again!

Okay, so, looking at the standings has convinced me that we need to change it up next season. There are two good teams and a whole lot of mediocrity after that. So something has to change.

And just to touch on the whole "two QB" issue, I just want to say no blame is being placed on anyone for their draft choices. Drafting two starting quarterbacks was possible; good job to those of you who had the foresight to do it. But it won't be possible next year.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LAST WEEK!

I need the Sex Machine and Americana to win so I can sneak pathetically into the playoffs when I win this week.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Playoff time!!! Hopefully I will make it in!! I think i own the tie breaker with at least two other that will finish with same record as I will.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How is it that my team, TSM and another team finish 6-8 i own the tie breaker against both team because we split regular season victories but I had the higher point average in both wins but Im the one that gets bounced? Petrolcoin pleass let me know...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I replied to your u2u, but I will post here as well for anyone who still reads this (probably no one):

This is direct from the League Settings > Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker: If Head-to-Head Record is selected, Total Points For, Intra Division Record (if your league has multiple divisions), and Total Points Against will be used as further tie breakers (in that order).

Since the Sleepers split the head-to-head matchups with the Mod Squad and Sex Machine, it goes to Total Points For. The Total Points For played out like this:

Canadian Mod Squad: 2025
Team Sex Machine: 2015
URanus Sleepers: 1972

That's why Mod Squad and Sex Machine are in. I can only select one tie-breaker, to which I chose head-to-head, which I assume we all agree is the best one. After that, it's ESPN's rules. It does not allow me to customize additional tie-breakers, as far as I know. So I do apologize, but I have no power over it.

As a side note... it's sad that four of the six playoff teams are no better than 7-7... What is this, the NFC West?

I'll be taking volunteers to analyze why only two teams finished above .500. That's only 20% of the league. That is historically low. In 2010, 41.6% of the league finished above .500; 2009 it was 40%; and 2008 it was 50%. Realistically, it should be between that 40-50% mark. I don't think it's entirely because of the two QB thing. If anyone has any ideas as to why this happened, I'd be grateful if you shared so I can fix it next season.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Dont underestimate the two QB thing... IMO it was a big factor. Other factors I can think of:
- Too many teams for a league with too many active players slot. It used to be in the previous years that it you needed a player because was of your starters got hurt or was in a bye week you go to the available list and you get someone, this year there was nothing there, nothing, it you didn't drafted well this year you were screwed. Yes someone can say they pick one or two here but previous years there was always a good pool of talent available.

I will give a deeper look to the schedule and how the games came about to see if I can find more....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

That's a good point about the number of players and teams. I didn't think about that. The only reason I say the two QBs isn't entirely to blame is because Boognish finished with a good record and didn't always use two QBs. Also, some other people used two QBs and still finished terrible. I used two QBs every now and then and I finished tied for the worst record.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So, is this league rolling this year or what the what?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join