It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL ATS Fantasy Football League

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, keep laughing Lack of Sex Machine...your woes aren't over in the least...

Yeah its gonna be hard to deal with absolutely destroying you in week 3

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I can't wait to lose the Kleenex for your tears in Week 3...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

I can't wait to lose the Kleenex for your tears in Week 3...

Yeah my tears of laughter when my gladiators destroy your mere pawns

edit on 15/9/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Anyone else thinks that been able to start 2 qb's kind of sucks? i mean is the first time i see something like that but i dont know... for some reason doesnt feel right.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I don't know if it sucks or not, but I drafted with every intention of starting 2 QBs every week. Unfortunately though Peyton Manning has the neck of a 75 year old woman , so that kind of messed up my plans. Maybe somebody would like to offer me a trade for him? Because I hate him.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I find it a bit strange as well but it's interesting enough for me to go with it...This is one of two leagues I am in so the novelty is worthwhile. The other one is normal enough...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to next weekend when I thrash Oz like an eighties style skateboard park...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Poll up on the league home about starting two QBs. Go vote.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Don't change rules after a season has begun please...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I think the question should be more about intent... Was the intent to when creating the new league rules to been able to start 2 qb's? If that was the case then it should not change... But if it wasnt then IMO it should be, it certainly bring scores up... But it detratcs from what FF is all about which is managing your team...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I understood that people would be able to use the offensive player utility position for any offensive player, but the "intent" was to create a position for kick/punt returners so that they did not take up running back or wide receiver spots. I do not have much of an issue with it because the spot is open to everyone and is able to be used by everyone the same way. Not to mention that I don't see what the big deal is considering running backs tend to be higher scorers than quarterbacks (usually), yet if someone used it for a running back, nobody would say anything. I think it more comes down to people not being used to two quarterbacks starting since most fantasy football leagues only allow one.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Let's not get it twisted the NFL is a quarterback driven league. Rules are made so the qb can succeed, because is more exciting, is more flashy, more entertaining.The reason why I argue that it detracts from managing which is what makes FF exciting is because if you are able to start 2 qb's that would most certainly guarantee you in most cases 50pts.

What I see happening is what we see every year when people stop managing their team for whatever reason and then you have someone who actually manages his team loosing to someone who doesn't. I like more points more than any other person but it should come with some degree of skill at the time to set your starting line up for each game, that's why I welcomed the new D positions and a tweak in scoring settings.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I agree with Bunch. I love the IDP part, but you could have just left the RB/WR spot if it the "intent" was for it to be used for returners. Still, I don't think it should be changed until next season. We are already into Week 3. Let's just ride it out and make sure to make it better next year.

I hope we keep the IDP, though. That is more fun than just getting one defense.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I really had no chance going against Tom Brady and Drew Brees last week. Honestly in any other league having Miles Austin would have almost guaranteed a win last week with 44 points. Not here though. Seems a little bush league. And this week I get to play Mike Vick and Matty Ice...fun.

In all honesty this league is just for fun, but losing every week will take the fun out of it real quick.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oz is still going to lose this week...regardless of what happens...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Suck it, OZ!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Everyone's comments are noted. This two quarterback system won't happen next year. But I am against making a major change like that during the season, so I'm going to keep it how it is. I'm now 0-3, so I have nothing to gain by keeping it this way. Lets just deal with it this season and we'll go in another direction next season. If you think it's bush league, then you play bush league too. Everyone has the same capabilities with the roster as everyone else. Use them to your advantage.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Although I won't make a settings change, I can ask that everyone voluntarily not start a second quarterback. There are no "consequences" to not complying, but I think it would make most people happy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sorry just checked this, I will edit my line up

Look as though my season is going as usual...bad luck for the last 2 weeks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Although I won't make a settings change, I can ask that everyone voluntarily not start a second quarterback. There are no "consequences" to not complying, but I think it would make most people happy.

I won't change my lineup according to this...no offense folk but keep in mind that I missed the draft and my team seems to suck anyway...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join