It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL ATS Fantasy Football League

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The season starts September 8th. We'll probably do the draft sometime between August 28th and September 1st. I want to get through the third week of preseason before we draft players. Because of the work stoppage, a lot of players didn't participate in normal off-season workouts, so I fear that could possibly lead to early injuries, and I wouldn't want that to affect our teams before the season even starts.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I like that idea... a lot of these guys won't be in game shape and I am betting we see more injuries in the preseason than usual. Nothing would be worse then picking up some stud, and then having him hurt in a preseason game!

Can't wait for the season start, I am craving some football!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Updated Player List:
PETROLCOIN: Confirmed
GAOTU789: Confirmed
MemoryShock: Confirmed
Modern Americana: Confirmed
Boognish: Unconfirmed
OzWeatherman: Confirmed
jwstarry: Unconfirmed
Bunch: Unconfirmed
anthbes: Confirmed
micmerci: Confirmed
immortalcamel: Confirmed

We have 11 players for 10 spots, but it's looking like jwstarry or Bunch, or possibly both, may not play this season. Bunch has not been on ATS since July 13th, and jwstarry has not been on since January 28th. I know both would want to play, but the problem is getting the notifications to them about the league, such as whenever we schedule the draft for.

I'll put an August 17th deadline on jwstarry and August 24th on Bunch since he was logged on more recently. If they aren't back by then, I'll clear their spots in the league.

So if we could get one more person interested in joining just in case we need it, that would be good.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
yea i would def be interested to take that spot if it opens up.....lemme know

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow if Starry doesnt turn up then we got lots of oppurtunities for someone else to actually have the best record for the season

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, me.

I think he was the one to end my supposed-to-be (at least) 9 game win streak last season. Instead, it is a three-way tie with 8.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
League Settings Changes

- New Roster Configuration

1 Quarterback
2 Running Backs
2 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Offensive Player Utility
1 Linebacker
1 Defensive Lineman
1 Defensive Back
1 Defensive Player Utility
1 Kicker
10 Bench

- New Scoring System

*Passing*
Every 25 Yards: 1 point
Every 5 Completions: 1 point
Touchdown Pass: 6 points
40+ Yard Touchdown Pass Bonus: 1 point
50+ Yard Touchdown Pass Bonus: 2 points
2 Point Conversion: 2 points
Interceptions Thrown: -2 points
Each Sack: -1 point

*Rushing*
Every 10 Yards: 1 point
Touchdown Run: 6 points
40+ Yard Touchdown Run Bonus: 1 point
50+ Yard Touchdown Run Bonus: 2 points

*Receiving*
Every 10 Yards: 1 point
Every 10 Catches: 5 points
Touchdown Catch: 6 points
40+ Yard Touchdown Catch Bonus: 1 point
50+ Yard Touchdown Catch Bonus: 2 points

*Kicking*
Each Extra Point Made: 1 point
Each Extra Point Missed: -3 points
Field Goal Made (0-39 Yards): 3 points
Field Goal Missed (0-39 Yards): -3 points
Field Goal Made (40-49 Yards): 4 points
Field Goal Missed (40-49 Yards): -2 points
Field Goal Made (50+ Yards): 5 points
Field Goal Missed (50+ Yards): -1 point

*Defense*
Each Sack: 2 points
Every 3 Total Tackles: 1 point
Interception Return Touchdown: 6 points
Blocked Punt Or Field Goal Return Touchdown: 6 points
Fumble Return Touchdown: 6 points
Blocked Punt, Extra Point, Or Field Goal: 4 points
Each Interception: 2 points
Each Fumble Recovered: 2 points
Each Fumble Forced: 1 point
Each Safety: 5 points

*Miscellaneous*
Every 10 Kickoff Return Yards: 1 point
Every 10 Punt Return Yards: 1 point
Kickoff Return Touchdown: 6 points
Punt Return Touchdown: 6 points
Fumbles Lost: -2 points

I'm open to any suggestions on changes.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I like the scoring system, especially the PPR thing, though it is not as much as the traditional PPR system is when it comes to how many points you get.

The only problem I have is the number of rounds this draft is going to be. We usually have a 12-15 round draft... this one is going to be 22 rounds. That is a long draft. We have to make sure ol' Oz is able to stay awake long enough for it to be completed

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
I like the scoring system, especially the PPR thing, though it is not as much as the traditional PPR system is when it comes to how many points you get.

I debated doing one point per reception. I could still change it if people want that. I need more opinions first, though. I guess I settled on five points per 10 receptions because 10 receptions is a nice game, and five points is a nice total, but at one point per, that would mean 10+ points, and since we have never done it before, I wasn't sure how people would feel about each reception (keep in mind that even those receptions that lose yardage still count) would gain points. But again, I'm open to suggestions.

Originally posted by Modern Americana
The only problem I have is the number of rounds this draft is going to be. We usually have a 12-15 round draft... this one is going to be 22 rounds. That is a long draft. We have to make sure ol' Oz is able to stay awake long enough for it to be completed

It's negotiable. We should ignore the bench, though. The bench will simply reflect the number of starting spots. I figure everyone will want/have to have at least one backup for the positions with one starter (minus the utility spots), and at least two backups for the positions with two starters. That's how I came to 10. So if we cut down the number of starters, the number of bench spots will also be cut down.

But here's my explanation of the rather drastic change in the roster from last season and from traditional fantasy football rosters...

*OFFENSE*
I didn't make much change to the offensive structure besides taking out the flex running back/wide receiver spot, but that was simply to bring down the number of roster spots a tad. Also, even though that is not it's primary purpose, I figured if people wanted to add another running back or wide receiver to their starting lineup, they could use the offensive player utility spot.

*DEFENSE*
First of all, all the points scored in a game go against the defense - even those where the offense or special teams of your defensive team turn the ball over and the other team scores. That's not your defense's fault, but you get penalized for it. Second of all, in my opinion, picking an entire team defense does not take strategy. You take a look at ESPN's ranking of defenses, draft a couple, then you're set for pretty much the entire year, because it is rare that the good defenses (which are the only ones you'd be drafting anyway) COMPLETELY fall apart over the course of a season.

Adding defensive players instead of defensive teams changes this strategy problem. Not only do you have to know the defensive players and watch their stats, rather than just watching the scoreboard hoping your team defense gets a shutout, you also have to deal with injuries. Sure, injuries to key players can affect a team defense, but as I said, rarely does a good defense completely fall apart. Usually if they are a good defense, they have good backups. By having individual players, this forces us to use more strategy.

*SPECIAL TEAMS*
The big change here is the offensive and defensive player utility spots. The primary purpose of these is for kick/punt returners. They can, of course, be used however the person wants to use them, but they are there so that you do not have to waste a running back, wide receiver, or in those sometimes uncommon cases where a defensive back is a kick/punt returner, defensive back spot on a kick/punt returner. This way you can still start those two big stud receivers and running backs while also racking up the points on kick/punt returns and won't have to make that tough choice that I, and I'm sure others, had to make last season between whether to start that high point value running back/wide receiver or high point value kick/punt returner.

So those are my explanations of each area. As I said, I'm still open to discussion about changing these things. I realize I'm not the only one playing in this league, so I would like a setup that we can all, or at the very least most of us, agree on and have fun with. But I need people's opinions, otherwise I will have to assume everyone is okay with it. So please, by all means, share your views.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I like the idea of having defensive players this year. It brings a whole new challenge to the competition. If it doesnt work we can always just change it next year

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If a spot becomes available, I'll join.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm in. Sorry for the delay.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Updated Player List:
Boognish: Confirmed
jwstarry: Unconfirmed (August 17th deadline to confirm)
Bunch: Unconfirmed (August 24th deadline to confirm)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Everyone can start making suggestions on a draft time and day so we can make a group decision since we have people in different time zones. So include what day(s) you will be available between August 28th and September 1st, the times you will most likely be available, and your time zone.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Everyone can start making suggestions on a draft time and day so we can make a group decision since we have people in different time zones. So include what day(s) you will be available between August 28th and September 1st, the times you will most likely be available, and your time zone.

A Saturday please...Pacific Coast Time/California here...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't get my work schedule for that week until this pay period is done. So, I won't know when exactly I will be available until then.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
28th, 29th or 30th would be the best days for me. I guess I will have to be up sometime in the morning, so late afternoon yank time would be the best for me

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm back in if it's not to late and if it is then make a spot for the back to back champ!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Updated Player List:
Boognish: Confirmed
jwstarry: Unconfirmed (August 17th deadline to confirm)
Bunch: Confirmed

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I agree the new scoring..will make it for more points and it will definitely put those who do their research in a winning position... Sometimes a team thats inactive will beat one that the owner care aboutntheir roster so I think with this that issue would be resolved....it would be an interesting league this year...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join