It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 new Cameras to Monitor Private Homes Using CCTV in the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I remember this ''story'' from a couple of years ago, and it's complete nonsense.

The Daily Express is a more paranoid version of the Daily Fail, with an unhealthy Princess Diana fixation.

Even the Daily Fail, who are only too keen to point out supposed ''Orwellian'' government and nanny-statism, mention nothing about CCTV in their report on the same story a day earlier:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I agree that CCTV in people's homes would be a step too far, but, as that's complete fabrication, I have no problem with the rest of the scheme which closely monitors troublesome families in other ways.

The problem is that the government is ''damned if they do, damned if they don't'' in many cases. People will wail and gnash their teeth about the authorities not doing enough to curb the behaviour of ''problem families'', then, when steps are taken to do something about aberrant and anti-social families, people will whinge about ''draconian measures'', and make trite, hackneyed references to 1984.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by civilchallenger

I guess no one noticed the date of the article in the OP either.

We have also had a change of government since then - we no longer have to put up with Mr Balls' load of bull.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

i hope so, i was livid when i read that, i am all for them trying to tackle problem families, but i know once they get camera's in homes for what ever reason it would be a slippery slope and they would keep broadening the reasons for installing them to the point that nearly every home would have them.

thanks for the information and helping to bring down my blood pressure

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Its from a shoddy tabloid, about a story that had no basis in reality. If it eases your fears, we have a new government and no money to carry out such nanny state policies anymore.

Many communities actually demand these cameras, to keep check on the anti social behaviors of certain members of the community.

With cuts to the police and local services, people will just have to put up with anti social behavior in their community
edit on 27-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Apple has a patent on technology you read about in 1984 (irony at its best, that was their launch date lol and their advertsiing campaign).

www.appleinsider.com...

www.appleinsider.com...

Still want those Apple screens in your home *g* No easy way to put "tape" over those cameras lol unless you use black ink on those pixels.

edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
No, this hasn't happen, but, although I disagree in theory, you only need to walk through one of the rougher council estates or read the news to see our society is failing children big time.

I lived in south wales a few years ago, for a short period of time, the things I saw and heard about there were shocking. parents buying drugs for 12 year olds, encouraging kids to steal, fighting, feeding babies with corn snacks for meals, children 7 and over went to the local chippy every night for dinner. 10 year olds babysitting toddlers, parents drinking and taking drugs all day. It was dreadful to see.

Our care system is pretty awful, it tends to damage children more than it helps them.

You can be a good parent, but if you live in this type of enviroment you have an uphill battle to protect your teenagers from the chaos around them.

I think this is a good idea, under certain circumstances, if coupled with proper intervention and access to support by trained professionals.

If decent support is not included in the package, then it becomes just another way of watching and harassing people.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Personally it doesn't bother me, I can see eight cameras from my front window right now, they've been there at least 7 or 8 years since I moved here. They do their job; cars don't get broken into as often, there are less street fights, in fact there is nothing going on for the discerning voyeur at all.

In a nearby town I visit my friend quite a lot and there are even more cameras there, on just about every doorway and street corner. The ne'er-do-wells that litter the precinct daily, know where the cameras are and do their shady business within the limited space that's not covered, and everyone gets on with their day in the comfort of knowing that if they get jumped from behind and mugged it's most probably been caught on tape.

Indeed it's almost a perfect Utopia..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A classic example of a poorly researched post from an outdated source.

Even the opening post was poorly written as it did not even outline the full alleged circumstances.

Just more classic desperate trash disguised as a post.

Quality!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join